GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dual Memberships (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=86918)

KyleMcGuire1983 05-24-2007 07:40 AM

That's pretty insulting to your org that you feel you should have pledge at another GLO.

I'd heard a story of one of our old vice presidents renouncing his badge and joining Sigma Pi. Mind you that I like Sigma Pi, I have friends there and we party at each others houses.....buuuuut that really angers me and everyone considers him a traitor knight. If it wasn't a fit why didn't you just depledge?

Guest1 05-24-2007 04:22 PM

wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleMcGuire1983 (Post 1454124)
That's pretty insulting to your org that you feel you should have pledge at another GLO.

I'd heard a story of one of our old vice presidents renouncing his badge and joining Sigma Pi. Mind you that I like Sigma Pi, I have friends there and we party at each others houses.....buuuuut that really angers me and everyone considers him a traitor knight. If it wasn't a fit why didn't you just depledge?

Is this verified- I had no idea that this could happen! I'm actually surprised that he was invited to join another organization at all...

Sugar08 05-24-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazed (Post 1453807)
well, i have a question. I made a mistake and joined a sorority that from the beginning i knew wasn't for me. it is a NPC sorority so i didn't have an option of joining the one i really wanted AKA (which is a NPHC). If i drop the one i'm in, do i still have a chance of being a proud member of AKA?

I know of a couple of Pike colonists at Howard who are now proud members of the reactivation KAPsi line.

I believe they got around the rules because of the differences between a colony and a chapter.

Or something. :rolleyes:

Unregistered- 05-24-2007 04:41 PM

After reading some of the comments here, I'm really glad that the NPC has the unanimous agreement in place regarding dual NPC memberships.

ladygreek 05-24-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar08 (Post 1454499)
I know of a couple of Pike colonists at Howard who are now proud members of the reactivation KAPsi line.

I believe they got around the rules because of the differences between a colony and a chapter.

Oh the irony.

sigmadiva 05-24-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladygreek (Post 1454536)
Oh the irony.

Ditto!! ;)

jojapeach 05-24-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladygreek (Post 1454536)
Oh the irony.

Seriously. :rolleyes:

Ch2tf 05-29-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Dang. I had felt kinda bad for them when they were getting a hard on GC with the whole Pike thing, but goodness!!!!:eek:

jubilance1922 05-29-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Why am I NOT surprised?

Senusret I 05-29-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

See..... that really grinds my gears.

tld221 05-29-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

hmm, how did i miss this! bwhahaha
(i would LOVE to facebook them heehee)

Sugar08 05-29-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 1457000)
hmm, how did i miss this! bwhahaha
(i would LOVE to facebook them heehee)

Lol... Ok, so I did, and a cursory FB search shows that 11 men list Pi Kappa Alpha in their profile as their "residence," and only one of those men is a current student. IIRC, there were ~55 members of the colony initially.

There are 29 men who list Kappa Alpha Psi as their residence... and more who list it under activities/interests.

I don't know how many went from Pike to KAPsi, but I do know that a large number of the Pike colonists no longer associate themselves with the organization.

mccoyred 05-29-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar08 (Post 1457035)
Lol... Ok, so I did, and a cursory FB search shows that 11 men list Pi Kappa Alpha in their profile as their "residence," and only one of those men is a current student. IIRC, there were ~55 members of the colony initially.

There are 29 men who list Kappa Alpha Psi as their residence... and more who list it under activities/interests.

I don't know how many went from Pike to KAPsi, but I do know that a large number of the Pike colonists no longer associate themselves with the organization.

So this phenomenon negates some other threads on here. :p
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ht=pike+howard
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ht=pike+howard
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...pike%2C+howard

ladygreek 05-29-2007 11:06 PM

I wonder if the Pike colonist who posted here is now a Kappa?

ladygreek 05-29-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senusret I (Post 1456995)
See..... that really grinds my gears.

Why? It was just a matter of the Kappas coming back on the yard. :D But I am mad at the Kappas for taking them--oh wait they have been doing some strange intaking lately.