GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What's For Dinner? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=38016)

Sistermadly 08-16-2003 09:31 PM

What's For Dinner?

Tonight:

Fusilli pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and prosciutto, a spinach salad with mushrooms and tomatoes with a greek feta dressing, and a scoop of mango sorbet for dessert.

tnxbutterfly 08-16-2003 09:36 PM

That's sounds so good.

For me dinner is popcorn till I go grocery shopping tommorrow

bethany1982 08-16-2003 10:36 PM

Re: What's For Dinner?

Quote:

Originally posted by Sistermadly
Tonight:

Fusilli pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and prosciutto, a spinach salad with mushrooms and tomatoes with a greek feta dressing, and a scoop of mango sorbet for dessert.

Now I'm hungry. That sounds soooooo good!

smiley21 08-16-2003 10:43 PM

i had leftover salmon and peas. then i had homemade brownies

rhosigmazeta 08-16-2003 10:48 PM

ham sandwich and potatoe wedges mmmm

Lady Pi Phi 08-16-2003 10:49 PM

I had Swiss Chalet for dinner. I was too lazy to cook.

I had the traditional quarter chicken dinner.

tunatartare 08-16-2003 10:58 PM

Some chips, healthy huh? Just got back from vacation and there is no real food in the fridge

Gina1201 08-17-2003 02:02 AM

I had Hunan Chicken from my favorite Chinese Restaurant, Golden City.

jonsagara 08-17-2003 02:20 AM

Pork chops, broccoli, tomato slices, and white rice. <Homer>Mmmm... pork chops...</Homer>

PandaOnProzac 08-17-2003 02:29 AM

Chicken rice and roast beef.

Sistermadly 08-17-2003 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tnxbutterfly
That's sounds so good.
And tasted even better. Tomorrow I'm thinking of turkey finocchio sausage with peppers, some brown rice with herbs and feta mixed in, and a green salad with berries and almonds in it.

OUlioness01 08-17-2003 08:32 AM

i had grilled swiss. ham, and american on wheat bread. so good.

PM_Mama00 08-17-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sistermadly
finocchio
In Italian, that word is a not very nice name for homosexuals!

Anyways I had microwavable hot pockets last nite. I've had a bacterial infection before, so I'm too afraid to eat anything homemade.

Tom Earp 08-17-2003 11:46 AM

sistermadly, you ursurped on of my old threads!:)

Fixing Roast , Carrots, and Potatos, for Mon, but think Crab Legs Sunday sound good!:cool:

Thinking about tsaking out chopped sirloin and making patties with Cheese in Middle. 1 with Chedder, and one with Swiss in the other! For later in the week!:D

Sistermadly 08-17-2003 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PM_Mama00

In Italian, it also means fennel.

CatStarESP4 08-17-2003 02:13 PM

Whatever I choose from the freezer or when we go out for dinner! It is too hot to cook here!

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies...ye/stretch.gif

AlphaSigOU 08-17-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PM_Mama00

Anyways I had microwavable hot pockets last nite. I've had a bacterial infection before, so I'm too afraid to eat anything homemade.

Much like the Spanish for 'faggot': marico or maricón. In whatever context you use it, it's pretty crude to use in polite company, so it's not unusual to disguise the word into the similar sounding mariscos (shellfish) or mariposa (butterfly).

Not far from my younger brother's house in Las Vegas, there's a Mexican restaurant that proudly boasts that it is "La Casa del Marisco Fresco" ("The Home of Fresh Shellfish"), but if you let your mind wander into the gutter, it doesn't take long to corrupt it into "La Casa del Marico Fresco" ("Home of the Fresh Faggot").

Makes you wonder what's going on in there... ;)

Tom Earp 08-17-2003 03:45 PM

Hot you Say!!!!:(

S**T so hot, in KC I fixed a egg over easy in KC on the Front stoop this morning!:o

Has been so dry in K C it is drier and hotter than an Ar. Pop Corn Fart:eek:

Still going with Crab Legs for dinner tho!:cool:

lifesaver 08-17-2003 04:18 PM

I am going to beths. Her parents are cooking. I think were having pork loin.

Good. mmm.

Dinner is at 7pm.

xok85xo 08-17-2003 05:09 PM

i am making lobster tonight (claws and tails b/c i refuse to kill something myself and then eat it) and corn on the cob...mmm perfect jersey shore summer dinner :)

FiReKraCkEr 08-17-2003 06:25 PM

Hopefully if they EVER COME TO PICK ME UP!!! I will be having Las Margaritas food...the best Mexican EVER!!

Rio_Kohitsuji 08-17-2003 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
Much like the Spanish for 'faggot': marico or maricón. In whatever context you use it, it's pretty crude to use in polite company, so it's not unusual to disguise the word into the similar sounding mariscos (shellfish) or mariposa (butterfly).

Not far from my younger brother's house in Las Vegas, there's a Mexican restaurant that proudly boasts that it is "La Casa del Marisco Fresco" ("The Home of Fresh Shellfish"), but if you let your mind wander into the gutter, it doesn't take long to corrupt it into "La Casa del Marico Fresco" ("Home of the Fresh Faggot").

Makes you wonder what's going on in there... ;)

Hey hey, don't forget that "faggot" also means "bundle of sticks" in German. ;) Also..it's the name for a bassoon... <--former bundle of sticks player...

As for dinner...I had a very lovely $0.68 frozen pizza after returning from Kings Island in Cincy.

MeLikey 08-18-2003 01:59 AM

I had this flank steak dish that has tomatos and peppers in a thick brown sauce... I asked my mom to make it since I hadn't had it in years... I would have enjoyed it better had she not made it with brown rice.

MareImbrium 08-18-2003 02:40 AM

Tonight we just ate plenty of leftovers from a little dinner get together my parents had a few nights ago. We had soooo many different side dishes and managed to clean away almost all of them. We had: kalbi (Korean short ribs), kimchi (of course! =P), lots of marinated roots and stuff, egg omelette with green onions, ghym (dried salted seaweed), etc etc. If anyone knows what I'm talking about..woohoo! =D Hee hee.

Goodness...I'm in the mood for an awesome steak right now..crud.

mmcat 08-18-2003 08:24 AM

last night, i had to pickup film so i went to hineys for a cheeseburger and fries...yes hineys...hooters lower cousin. burger wasn't bad at all.

Tom Earp 08-20-2003 06:34 PM

Left over Pizza or Roast?

To late to take out T-Bone Steak or Filot Migno or Shrimp!:(

Had Crab Legs Earlier in week!

Damn, dont know what to do!:eek:

Need some Pot Pies, is to friggen Hot in KC to do Sh##. Dont even make a Pie to have for Home Made Ice Cream!:o :mad:

DZHBrown 08-20-2003 10:01 PM

I went to Chili's.

smiley21 08-20-2003 10:06 PM

i made scrambled cheese eggs and sausages:p

Sistermadly 08-20-2003 10:12 PM

It's MisterMadly's night to cook, so that means stir fry. :D

Probably with broccoli, zucchini, peppers, onions, chicken and black bean sauce.

UGAGal 08-20-2003 10:26 PM

Last night I made a spinach frittata, bacon and low-carb blueberry muffins.

Tonight we had a McDonald's cobb salad with grilled chicken.

sigmagrrl 08-20-2003 10:32 PM

Since I came back to work to help out, and I came here straight from the gym, I had no real grub so:

3 pieces of Atkins bread
A banana
a cup of strawberry yogurt
10 cherry Swedish fish!!

LOL

I NEED REAL FOOD!!

Lord help me NOT stop at Mickey D's on the way home!

Tom Earp 08-20-2003 10:34 PM

Diet Food Sucks!:o

Doctor told me if it tastes good spit it out it is bad for you!:p

Changed Doctors!:D

Left over Roast tonite! As soon off of Puter, home Made Ice Cream and Strawberry Jam!:cool:

SEE YA!:)

MoonStar17 08-21-2003 09:05 AM

last night i made steak sandwhiches...
they were good...

i have to start cooking more...but sometimes i get so lazy and just go out... :( baddd baddd habit to get into

sigmagrrl 08-21-2003 12:12 PM

Moonstar17,

Can you share how you did that? I LOVE steak and cheese sammiches!!!

MeLikey 08-22-2003 01:20 AM

Went to Friday's-- had the pecan chicken salad which I love, but it wasn't as good as usual....

mmcat 08-22-2003 07:42 AM

ordered in chinese...butterfly chicken, white rice and won-tons. yummy.

Lady Pi Phi 08-22-2003 09:14 AM

I was out and didn't have time to catch dinner last night, so when I got home I had cold left over pork chops. I was too lazy to heat them up, and some coleslaw. Not exactly and appetizing meal.

But the other night I might dinner and it was so yummy if I do say say so myself. I madde rosemary-garlic baked chicken from the weight watchers cookbook and with it was some brown rice and a salad with my homemade Golden Caesar dressing.

tunatartare 08-22-2003 01:46 PM

Last night I had dinner at my friend's house. Her mom made us salad with Asparagus, string beans, potatoes, tuna, and black olives. It was quite tasty. I wish she gave me the recipe.

xok85xo 08-22-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DaisyKLP
Last night I had dinner at my friend's house. Her mom made us salad with Asparagus, string beans, potatoes, tuna, and black olives. It was quite tasty. I wish she gave me the recipe.
that sounds like a nicoise salad ...you could easily find a recipe on foodtv.com i'm sure..altho it sounds like you just listed all of the ingredients :)

tunatartare 08-22-2003 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xok85xo
that sounds like a nicoise salad ...you could easily find a recipe on foodtv.com i'm sure..altho it sounds like you just listed all of the ingredients :)
Thanx. :) I know what the ingredients are, I just don't know how she made the dressing. :)