GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Texas 2015 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=152886)

Nanners52674 08-13-2015 08:23 AM

Texas 2015

I haven't seen a thread for UT this year. I'm just wondering if anyone knows about SDT and if they're doing formal recruitment again.

FloMo Mom 08-13-2015 10:59 AM

I believe SDT is participating in formal recruitment at UT. It's listed in the UT Panhellenic book as one of the chapters.

thetalady 08-13-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloMo Mom (Post 2325514)
I believe SDT is participating in formal recruitment at UT. It's listed in the UT Panhellenic book as one of the chapters.

But whether or not they participate in ALL rounds of rush is not the same as being listed in the Panhellenic book. On some campuses, SDT participates only in the first round of recruitment & then withdraw to do their own rush at another time.

ChioLu 08-13-2015 01:19 PM

Let's get it out here now -- be warned about these 3 parties:
Dance Party (Open House days)
Piggyback Party (Day before Pref)
Glitter Party (Pref night)

Ladybugmom 08-13-2015 02:33 PM

Lol ChioLu..should I get my popcorn ready?;)
SDT has participated in all rounds the last 3 years. Most likely they will again this year if they are in the Panhellenic Guide.

KDCat 08-13-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2325563)
Let's get it out here now -- be warned about these 3 parties:
Dance Party (Open House days)
Piggyback Party (Day before Pref)
Glitter Party (Pref night)

If faced with the Dance Party, PNMs should feel free to use the bathroom and then hug a wall. You have to be in the house during the party, but you don't have to participate in those shenanigans.

In my heart of hearts, I wish whole groups of PNMs would refuse to do this and leave the actives dancing alone on the floor, looking like idiots.

Ag_Sis 08-13-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDCat (Post 2325578)
If faced with the Dance Party, PNMs should feel free to use the bathroom and then hug a wall. You have to be in the house during the party, but you don't have to participate in those shenanigans.

Hahaha I know exactly which sorority you're referring to. But yeah, take a seat, ask for some cold water, and talk to your fellow PNMs. Take it as an opportunity to take a break from the heat. I know girls in this house from high school and camp - they won't be offended if you go to the bathroom or ask for something to drink or ignore them. Also, if you're a PNM who has zero connections to this house, please do yourself a favor and "drop" them because if you decide to keep them high on your lists, you're just going to get your heart broken later in the week and you're going to look around and realize that you dropped all of the "lower" houses and now you have no one left.

Griffins&Quills 08-13-2015 04:00 PM

Okay, I've heard about the dance party and piggyback thing, what's the glitter party?

Nanners52674 08-13-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2325597)
Okay, I've heard about the dance party and piggyback thing, what's the glitter party?

What's the piggyback? A glitter party sounds incredibly messy.

Ladybugmom 08-13-2015 04:47 PM

There is/was a chapter that throws glitter on the PNM's that they want as they are leaving the pref party. The glitter is VERY hard to get off. This PNM is now "marked" so that the other chapters that she is attending for pref know "where" she is "probably" going on bid day. They were asked to stop doing this by PanHellenic but Im not sure if they did..it's another chapter with deep pockets who are willing to pay the fines and move on:rolleyes:
The Piggy Back house actually Piggy Backs girls out of the house that they want. It is obviously very hurtful to the girls who are not piggy backed out.

aphiadvisor 08-13-2015 05:08 PM

Well that piggyback thing is just plain weird. And awkward.

SunflowerState 08-13-2015 05:13 PM

What is wrong with Texas? I'd be so embarrassed if my GLO did any of this. Those houses would go directly to the bottom of my list even if I knew I was their number one PNM. Next time I'm perusing job applications and see a U of T GLO member, you can be sure I'm going to make sure that they aren't part of THOSE houses.

Griffins&Quills 08-13-2015 07:45 PM

So, these are 3 separate houses?

ChioLu 08-13-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2325659)
So, these are 3 separate houses?

Yes, 3 separate houses. All from the news/magazine article of long, long ago.

Nanners52674 08-13-2015 09:10 PM

Even if the glitter house was my dream home I'd hate being covered in glitter. That sounds more like a punishment. Glitter is so hard to get rid of.