GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Twins? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=13568)

Jen 01-04-2002 09:01 PM

Twins?

BrownEyedGirl 01-04-2002 09:19 PM

For some reasons, at every campus I know of, twins seem to be so popular during recruitment! Maybe having an identical new members ups a sorority's 'cool factor', I don't know! They're always the 'girls to get' during rush though.

At Clemson, there are two sets of twins in sororities, each of which belong to the same GLO. One pair were both on the other side of rush this year, one as a Rho Chi and the other as a Panhel Exec member. It's probably best that way, because otherwise I think rushees would figure out what GLO you were in if they saw your identical sister in a party...they'd probably just assume!

There are two triplets (if that makes sense - the third is a boy who goes to college in KY) who pledged two different sororities here also, though. They preffed the same groups, if I'm correct, but they joined two different ones. It's cute because they share a car and so you'll see their SUV driving down the street with two sets of sorority letters on it. :)

In my sorority, we have a twin, but her sister goes to a school in GA so we really weren't aware that she was a twin when she pledged. It's hilarious, though, because some older girls forget and become SOconfused when the sister comes to visit! Suddenly there are two Allisons, out of nowhere! :D

dzsaigirl 01-04-2002 10:11 PM

We had twins go through and yes, they pledged the same sorority.

deltaphi94 01-04-2002 10:17 PM

I know of two sets of twins from my collegiate days, and in both cases, they pledged the same sororities. As for telling them apart... much as I hate to admit it, I had some trouble with two of them.

MoxieGrrl 01-04-2002 10:37 PM

We have 3 sets of twins in GLOs on our campus. One set of girls are both Alpha Xi's...another set of girls are Phi Mus....and the twin guys are both Phi Taus.

The Phi Mu twins said they went together b/c they both played in sports with the girls from the house.

The Phi Tau twins went together b/c they both liked Phi Tau, but for separate reasons.

One of the Alpha Xi twins was going to pledge our house until she found out her twin wasn't going to. She said that they shared everything so far in life together, and she didn't want greek letters to change anything.

I could use a twin sister to help me out with recruitment details right now! ;)

penguintpa_lady 01-04-2002 10:51 PM

I had a set of twins rush with me, but they were not identical. They were both great young ladies & both got a bid from DST. Only one of them decided to sign though, her sister had been offered a scholarship to play softball if she transferred back home. :)

SATX*APhi 01-04-2002 10:51 PM

There is 1 set of twins who are in another sorority on my campus.

There is also another set of twins who wanted to join my sorority, but after talking to their parents about it, their parents did not want to pay dues for both girls. :-( They are both really cool, but there isn't much we could do about their situation.

Peaches-n-Cream 01-04-2002 11:03 PM

We had one twin in our sorority. Her sister didn't want to pledge and never did. I think they were into their own things. They aren't identical, but I couldn't tell them apart until I was within a few feet of them. Where I lived on campus my sophomore year, there must have been a dozen sets of twins, some identical. Walking around my campus, I felt like I was in a constant state of deja vu! :p

Thetagurl 01-04-2002 11:17 PM

At my school we had a set of beautiful twins that went through rush at the same time. They are identical twins and you can barely tell them apart. Funny thing though one went theta the other went something else.

AngelPhiSig 01-04-2002 11:33 PM

Not exactly twins...

We are lucky to have 3 legacies... right now

We have Kylene, and her sister is our advisor (and my 2 big!)
Stephanie and her sister recently graduated (Hi Kirsten!)
and Kristin and her sister Stephanie (a different one) who was in my class!

Plus, in our spring 99 class, we had a set of sisters :)

ladybug1116 01-05-2002 12:26 AM

I know there are sets of twins in GLOs on FSU's campus but I can only think of one set at the moment. They are identical and one of them is my sister and the other went Gamma Phi. They are always visiting the other's house and they sometimes call themselves the "Gamma Phi Mu girls"

douthit 01-05-2002 01:23 AM

On my campus, there is a set of twins that joined Chi Omega. Also, their older sister a few years before was a member there as well.

Dan

aggieAXO 01-05-2002 02:11 AM

We had 2 sets of identical twins. Jennifer and Julie joined in 93 and then in rush 94 they rushed Jennifer and Holly. There was another set that went through rush in 93 but they each joined different house. I think we were the only sorority with 2 sets of identicle twins-it was very neat!

dzrose93 01-05-2002 07:25 AM

We've got a set of identical twins in the chapter I help advise right now. One of the girls changed her hairstyle last year, so it's much easier to tell them apart now! :)

xo_sue 01-05-2002 07:37 AM

My sophmore year, identical twins went through and their mom was a XO- lucky for me- they both pledged because one is my best friend/soul sister and the other is my daughter!

My senior year another set went through and one went XO the other Delta Gamma. This was tricky because we really adored Amy but her sister just did not seem to fit in. We had no idea if they wanted to join the same sorority or not so I think we spent too much time at the parties trying to find out if they were rushing "together" or making up their own minds. It ended up happy because I realize now that the sister "did not fit in" because she really loved Delta Gamma. She seemed so moody at our parties but after I saw her with the DGees and her huge smiles all the time- I knew her heart belonged there and both girls were happy with their choice! :)

P.S.- for those who think sororities just pick on looks- identical twins are proof that we don't. Two girls looking exactly alike can easily pledge two different houses.