GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Indiana University Recruitment 2020 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246778)

Blue2 02-20-2020 10:22 PM

Can someone update here on ASA and D Phi E COB? A lot of concerned folks seeing that 10 on the other page for ASA.

Cookiez17 02-20-2020 11:03 PM

For ASA according to their instagram they're still hosting events and even the PHA themselves have been advertising for them too. Not too sure about DPhieE.

ForrestGrump 02-20-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue2 (Post 2473747)
Can someone update here on ASA and D Phi E COB? A lot of concerned folks seeing that 10 on the other page for ASA.

DPhiE pledged 32 during formal recruitment. Following informal recruitment, I heard that they pledged 14 or 15 more women.

I had heard initially that ASA pledged ten during formal recruitment, but then I heard that they pledged four women during formal. Following informal recruitment, the chapter posted a picture on instagram with 20 new pledges. So not sure if the pledge class after formal + informal is 20 or 24. And that doesn't take into consideration any additional COB they may have done in the weeks since informal ended.

ForeverRoses 02-21-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForrestGrump (Post 2473754)
DPhiE pledged 32 during formal recruitment. Following informal recruitment, I heard that they pledged 14 or 15 more women.

I had heard initially that ASA pledged ten during formal recruitment, but then I heard that they pledged four women during formal. Following informal recruitment, the chapter posted a picture on instagram with 20 new pledges. So not sure if the pledge class after formal + informal is 20 or 24. And that doesn't take into consideration any additional COB they may have done in the weeks since informal ended.

Informal hasn't ended yet. I believe that those offered and accepted bids during informal have a Panhellenic orientation the beginning on March and PHA would like for informal to have concluded by then, but there is no rule that sororities have to stop. Informal can continue until the last day of the semester if the sorority so choses.

ForrestGrump 02-21-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoses (Post 2473765)
Informal hasn't ended yet. I believe that those offered and accepted bids during informal have a Panhellenic orientation the beginning on March and PHA would like for informal to have concluded by then, but there is no rule that sororities have to stop. Informal can continue until the last day of the semester if the sorority so choses.

Yes, I was referring to the open invitation, informal recruitment events that ASA and DPhiE held the week after formal recruitment ended. I understand that they may continue doing COB throughout the semester.

Blue2 02-22-2020 08:42 PM

Thanks. Does anyone know the reason why D Phi E is moving out the Tri Delt house?

Sister Havana 02-22-2020 10:26 PM

They are? I knew TPA was moving out of their house and going back to being unhoused, but I didn't know DPhiE was moving out too.

MomIU 02-23-2020 08:34 AM

Dphie has a 5 year lease they are only on year 2 or 3 with option to extend 2years. They are not moving out.