GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2018/2019 Colonies/Expansions/Charters/Closures (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=243690)

PKT4LIFE 08-17-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiMuAlum (Post 2459122)
I am following for an update on the Penn State Chapter of Phi Mu. I thought they had overcome all of the issues from 10-12 years ago and were doing good. Very sad if it has closed.

This chapter is NOT listed on the Phi Mu website chapter locator.

clemsongirl 08-17-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE (Post 2459123)
This chapter is NOT listed on the Phi Mu website chapter locator.

It's not listed on Penn State's Panhellenic website either. I think those two pieces of information tell us that the chapter has closed.

LaneSig 08-27-2018 04:41 PM

Congratulations to the following groups on chartering:

Sigma Alpha (agricultural sorority) - New Mexico State University

Theta Xi - Colorado Mesa University

PKT4LIFE 08-29-2018 10:00 PM

Trisig presented today at UI-Springfield.

https://www.uis.edu/greeklife/

LaneSig 08-30-2018 09:40 AM

Phi Delta Theta has closed its chapter at Northwest Missouri State University. Closure is due to low membership numbers. The fraternity plans to recolonize in 2020.

ChioLu 08-30-2018 10:46 PM

Anyone know what’s happening at schools who have announced NPC expansion? Will try to cross-reference our expansion thread, IrishPipes thread and sorority extension’s twitter as much as possible.

* Arkansas State - ASA & AXO presented. 5 NPCs here. Other presenters? Any decision? (Approx 14,000 students, about 1 hr NW of Memphis.)
* Cal State - Dominguez Hills - Open for NPC system. Greek life here, but no current NPC’s. (Approx 12,500 undergrads, located just north of Long Beach, CA).
* Humbolt State (CA) - ASA presented. DPhiE on campus. Other presenters? Any decision? (Approx 8000 undergrad, located 10 minutes north of Eureka in NorCal.)
* Santa Clara University (CA) - Open for extension. 5 NPCs here. (Nearly 5,500 undergrads.)
* Sonoma State (CA) - previously had announced either Open or Exploring, but not now. Currently 6 NPCs. (Approx 8600 undergrads. Since it’s in wine country, dorms are named after varietals of wine.)
* University of Denver - Open for extension. 6 NPCs here with a total of 11 other NPCs here in the school’s history who could recolonize.
* University of Tampa - Open for extension. Currently 7NPCs, with 5 who could recolonize.
* Abraham Baldwin Ag. College (GA) - Open, new NPC system. (Enrollment 3700, located in Tifton/south central GA)
* Middle Georgia State College (now, Middle Georgia State University) - Open for new Greek system (nearly 8000 undergrads, located in Macon)
* Idaho State University - Open for extension. Currently Tri Sig & AXiD. (Over 12,000 undergrads, in Pocatello/SE Idaho.)
* Lindenwood Univ. (IL) - TPA & Tri Sigma presented. Will be the 1st NPC. Any decision? (Approx 1900 total students, 15 miles east of St. Louis, MO.)
* University of Illinois at Springfield - Open for NPC expansion, though has 9 other Greek groups on campus. Tri sigma presented. Any others? (Approx 3400 undergrads.)
* Ottawa University (KS) - Open, new Greek system. (600 undergrads, located approx. 1 hr. SE of Kansas City)
* University of Pikeville (KY) - Open, new system. (Approx 1650 undergrads, located roughly 2 hours north of Johnson City, TN)
* LSU Alexandria (LA) - Open, new system (Approx 3400 undergrads, located center of state)
* LSU Shreveport - Open for expansion. Phi Mu & a local also here. (Approx 2600 undergrads)
* Northeastern Univ. (MA) - Open for expansion. 9 NPCs here. Any presentations? (18,000 undergrad, in Boston.)
* Mississippi State - Open for extension. 8 NPCs here.
* Mississippi Valley State Univ. - HBCU, Open for NPC. (Approx 2500 undergrad, located between Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN)
* Hastings College (NE) - Open for NPC. (Approx 1200 undergrad, about 100 miles west of Lincoln)
* Stockton Univ. (NJ) - Open for extension. 5 NPCs here. (Approx 8200 undergrads, 10 miles from Atlantic City)
* NY Institute of Technology - Open for extension. AST here. (About 5700 undergrads. Main campus is in Nassau County, Long Island)
* SUNY Brockport (NY) - Open for extension. DPhiE and PSS here. (Approx 7100 undergrad, near Rochester, NY)
* SUNY Old Westbury - Open, new system. (Approx 7100 undergrad, in same city as NYIT, which is also expanding. Interesting.)
* Capital Univ. (OH) - Open for extension. 3 NPCs here. (Approx 2700 undergrads in a suburb of Columbus)
* Cameron Univ. (OK) - Open for extension. APhi here. (Approx 5200 undergrads, located in Lawton/SW OK.)
* Carlow Univ. (PA) - Open, new system. (Approx 1400 undergrad in Pittsburgh.)
* Temple Univ. - Open for extension. 5 NPCs here. DDD presented. Any other presenters? Any decision?
* University of Pittsburgh - Bradford (PA) - Open, new system (Regional, residential campus of Pitt; approx 1500 students, located in northern PA, 80 miles south of Buffalo, NY.)
* University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown (PA) - Open for extension. PSS here. (Regional, residential campus of Pitt. 3000 students, located 65 miles east of Pittsburgh.)
* Tennessee Wesleyan University (changed from “College” in 2016) - Open for extension. SK also here. (Approx 1100 students & about 1 hr SW of Knoxville.)
* University of Memphis at Lambuth - Open. Former Lambuth University, which had 5 NPCs in its history, with 3 (Phi Mu, AOPi, AGD) closing with the final Lambuth commencement in 2011. If any of those came back, would it be a recolonization? (Approx 1000 students, in Jackson TN, 70 miles east of Memphis.)
* Baylor - Open for extension. 8 NPCs here. Since this school officially opened in July, we’ll have wait to know who’s presenting. 3 could recolonize (DG, KD, SK).
* Texas A&M Kingsville - Open for extension. 3 NPCs here. (Approx 9200 total students, 45 miles SW of Corpus Christi.)
* Texas A&M San Antonio - Open, newish Greek system: DX & ZPhiB here. (Approx 6500 total students.)
* University of Houston-downtown - Open, new Greek system. (Approx 13,000 undergrads. Nickname is the Gators. Mascot is Ed, as in Ed-U-Gator.)
* Ferrum College (VA) - Open for extension. DPhiE here. (Approx 1500 undergrads, 45 min South of Roanoke.)
* West Liberty Univ. (WV) - Open for extension. 2 current NPCs. (Approx. 2500 undergrads, near Wheeling, WV.)
* Univ. of Wyoming - Open for extension. 3 current NPCs, with 5 who could recolonize. (12,400 students, in Laramie)

Xidelt 08-30-2018 10:58 PM

DPhiE doesn't have a chapter at LSU Shreveport.

ChioLu 08-30-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xidelt (Post 2459763)
DPhiE doesn't have a chapter at LSU Shreveport.

I fixed it.
Actually Phi Mu.
Sorry, I had a long list.

PKT4LIFE 08-30-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2459762)
Anyone know what’s happening at schools who have announced NPC expansion? Will try to cross-reference our expansion thread, IrishPipes thread and sorority extension’s twitter as much as possible.

* Arkansas State - ASA & AXO presented. 5 NPCs here. Other presenters? Any decision? (Approx 14,000 students, about 1 hr NW of Memphis.)
* Cal State - Dominguez Hills - Open for NPC system. Greek life here, but no current NPC’s. (Approx 12,500 undergrads, located just north of Long Beach, CA).
* Humbolt State (CA) - ASA presented. DPhiE on campus. Other presenters? Any decision? (Approx 8000 undergrad, located 10 minutes north of Eureka in NorCal.)
* Santa Clara University (CA) - Open for extension. 5 NPCs here. (Nearly 5,500 undergrads.)
* Sonoma State (CA) - previously had announced either Open or Exploring, but not now. Currently 6 NPCs. (Approx 8600 undergrads. Since it’s in wine country, dorms are named after varietals of wine.)
* University of Denver - Open for extension. 6 NPCs here with a total of 11 other NPCs here in the school’s history who could recolonize.
* University of Tampa - Open for extension. Currently 7NPCs, with 5 who could recolonize.
* Abraham Baldwin Ag. College (GA) - Open, new NPC system. (Enrollment 3700, located in Tifton/south central GA)
* Middle Georgia State College (now, Middle Georgia State University) - Open for new Greek system (nearly 8000 undergrads, located in Macon)
* Idaho State University - Open for extension. Currently Tri Sig & AXiD. (Over 12,000 undergrads, in Pocatello/SE Idaho.)
* Lindenwood Univ. (IL) - TPA & Tri Sigma presented. Will be the 1st NPC. Any decision? (Approx 1900 total students, 15 miles east of St. Louis, MO.)
* University of Illinois at Springfield - Open for NPC expansion, though has 9 other Greek groups on campus. Tri sigma presented. Any others? (Approx 3400 undergrads.)
* Ottawa University (KS) - Open, new Greek system. (600 undergrads, located approx. 1 hr. SE of Kansas City)
* University of Pikeville (KY) - Open, new system. (Approx 1650 undergrads, located roughly 2 hours north of Johnson City, TN)
* LSU Alexandria (LA) - Open, new system (Approx 3400 undergrads, located center of state)
* LSU Shreveport - Open for expansion. Phi Mu & a local also here. (Approx 2600 undergrads)
* Northeastern Univ. (MA) - Open for expansion. 9 NPCs here. Any presentations? (18,000 undergrad, in Boston.)
* Mississippi State - Open for extension. 8 NPCs here.
* Mississippi Valley State Univ. - HBCU, Open for NPC. (Approx 2500 undergrad, located between Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN)
* Hastings College (NE) - Open for NPC. (Approx 1200 undergrad, about 100 miles west of Lincoln)
* Stockton Univ. (NJ) - Open for extension. 5 NPCs here. (Approx 8200 undergrads, 10 miles from Atlantic City)
* NY Institute of Technology - Open for extension. AST here. (About 5700 undergrads. Main campus is in Nassau County, Long Island)
* SUNY Brockport (NY) - Open for extension. DPhiE and PSS here. (Approx 7100 undergrad, near Rochester, NY)
* SUNY Old Westbury - Open, new system. (Approx 7100 undergrad, in same city as NYIT, which is also expanding. Interesting.)
* Capital Univ. (OH) - Open for extension. 3 NPCs here. (Approx 2700 undergrads in a suburb of Columbus)
* Cameron Univ. (OK) - Open for extension. APhi here. (Approx 5200 undergrads, located in Lawton/SW OK.)
* Carlow Univ. (PA) - Open, new system. (Approx 1400 undergrad in Pittsburgh.)
* Temple Univ. - Open for extension. 5 NPCs here. DDD presented. Any other presenters? Any decision?
* University of Pittsburgh - Bradford (PA) - Open, new system (Regional, residential campus of Pitt; approx 1500 students, located in northern PA, 80 miles south of Buffalo, NY.)
* University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown (PA) - Open for extension. PSS here. (Regional, residential campus of Pitt. 3000 students, located 65 miles east of Pittsburgh.)
* Tennessee Wesleyan University (changed from “College” in 2016) - Open for extension. SK also here. (Approx 1100 students & about 1 hr SW of Knoxville.)
* University of Memphis at Lambuth - Open. Former Lambuth University, which had 5 NPCs in its history, with 3 (Phi Mu, AOPi, AGD) closing with the final Lambuth commencement in 2011. If any of those came back, would it be a recolonization? (Approx 1000 students, in Jackson MS, 70 miles east of Memphis.)
* Baylor - Open for extension. 8 NPCs here. Since this school officially opened in July, we’ll have wait to know who’s presenting. 3 could recolonize (DG, KD, SK).
* Texas A&M Kingsville - Open for extension. 3 NPCs here. (Approx 9200 total students, 45 miles SW of Corpus Christi.)
* Texas A&M San Antonio - Open, newish Greek system: DX & ZPhiB here. (Approx 6500 total students.)
* University of Houston-downtown - Open, new Greek system. (Approx 13,000 undergrads. Nickname is the Gators. Mascot is Ed, as in Ed-U-Gator.)
* Ferrum College (VA) - Open for extension. DPhiE here. (Approx 1500 undergrads, 45 min South of Roanoke.)
* West Liberty Univ. (WV) - Open for extension. 2 current NPCs. (Approx. 2500 undergrads, near Wheeling, WV.)
* Univ. of Wyoming - Open for extension. 3 current NPCs, with 5 who could recolonize. (12,400 students, in Laramie)

Per the NPC extension bulletin below, the local Alpha Xi Gamma was looking to affiliate. Kappa Beta Gamma colonized in 2018 and this local sorority is no longer listed on the TWU greek life website. I assume that the local affiliated with KBG.

https://npcwomen.dynamic.omegafi.com...lletin-243.pdf

Also, the NPC Extension Bulletin below may answer some of your questions. The timeline and application process for a few of the extensions are occuring now or during Fall.

https://npcwomen.dynamic.omegafi.com...letin-255-.pdf

33girl 08-31-2018 09:48 AM

UPB has been open for literally years and no one has bit. I donít see this ever happening.

nydolphin 08-31-2018 09:49 AM

Tri Delta will establish at Temple in 2019

Griffins&Quills 08-31-2018 05:06 PM

I also had the following:

Alaska - Anchorage - opened in 2017 per NPC bulletin
Sonoma State - the last opening I have was 2011 where AOII was chosen
Johnson & Wales Miami - opened in 2017 - can't remember where I saw this
Purdue - opened 2017, I remember some discussion about ADPi
Pittsburg State (KS) - opened 2017
LSU - Alexandria - Theta Phi Alpha was chosen 2010/2011 and decided not to colonize
St. John's - Staten Island - opened 2017 per NPC bulletin
Kenyon (OH) - AOII & Phi Sig presented in 2015, no decision
Ohio Northern - opened 2018
Carlow - local Delta Gamma Beta looking to affiliate
PA College of Technology - opened 2018
Bethel (TN) - opened in 2016
Our Lady of the Lake University (TX) - opened in 2016
Wisconsin - Stevens Point - ASA presented in 2015

Canada:
University of Ottawa - opened in 2016
Wilfrid Laurier (Ontario) - opened in 2015

I assume many of these schools decided not to pursue extension

I had heard from one of the chapter advisors at Temple that there were 3 presenters, 2 besides TriDelt but not who

joliebelle 08-31-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2459797)
I also had the following:

Wisconsin - Platville - opened in 2015

UW-Platteville is not open for expansion. Theta Phi Alpha recolonized there back in 2014.

Griffins&Quills 08-31-2018 05:14 PM

That answers one, thanks!

ChioLu 08-31-2018 05:36 PM

Griffin&Quills, thanks for the deep dive into expansion history!

clemsongirl 08-31-2018 07:17 PM

Purdue never announced presentations as far as I know. The ADPi discussion was my wishful thinking because I think we're the last chapter there that has closed and not been reopened. The numbers aren't reaaaaaally there for Purdue so I wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately decided against expansion.

PKT4LIFE 08-31-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2459797)
I also had the following:

Alaska - Anchorage - opened in 2017 per NPC bulletin
Sonoma State - the last opening I have was 2011 where AOII was chosen
Johnson & Wales Miami - opened in 2017 - can't remember where I saw this
Purdue - opened 2017, I remember some discussion about ADPi
Pittsburg State (KS) - opened 2017
LSU - Alexandria - Theta Phi Alpha was chosen 2010/2011 and decided not to colonize
St. John's - Staten Island - opened 2017 per NPC bulletin
Kenyon (OH) - AOII & Phi Sig presented in 2015, no decision
Ohio Northern - opened 2018
Carlow - local Delta Gamma Beta looking to affiliate
PA College of Technology - opened 2018
Bethel (TN) - opened in 2016
Our Lady of the Lake University (TX) - opened in 2016
Wisconsin - Stevens Point - ASA presented in 2015

Canada:
University of Ottawa - opened in 2016
Wilfrid Laurier (Ontario) - opened in 2015

I assume many of these schools decided not to pursue extension

I had heard from one of the chapter advisors at Temple that there were 3 presenters, 2 besides TriDelt but not who

Per our chapter at Kenyon, the local opted not to affiliate. I found this out a few years back at convention when the Kenyon delegates were seated with me at our banquet.

ASTalumna06 09-01-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2459782)
UPB has been open for literally years and no one has bit. I donít see this ever happening.

Do you have an idea why it's been open for so long without any NPCs taking it on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE (Post 2459810)
Per our chapter at Kenyon, the local opted not to affiliate. I found this out a few years back at convention when the Kenyon delegates were seated with me at our banquet.

Does anyone have any insight into the future of Kenyon sororities? We have a chapter there - the only non-local sorority. Is there pressure on the locals to follow suit?

33girl 09-01-2018 10:29 AM

It’s really tiny, really in the middle of nowhere (snowy nowhere at that) and as much as they are attempting to make it residential, I would wager the majority of the students are still commuter. (And not a 10-15 minute commute either.). It’s just not conducive to the kind of involvement and oversight required for NPC groups nowadays.

ETA: we had a colony at Penn Tech and Tri Sigma had either a colony or chapter there. The interest just wasn’t present. I hope that other groups have learned from our experience.

I think with these smaller schools opening, they want to have their cake and eat it too. They want a national group so that some of the onus is on them insurance wise, but they don’t want to make a big push to really promote the Greek system and/or recruit the types of students for whom campus involvement will be a big part of why they choose a school. The fact of the matter is that for some campuses, local Greeks are the only Greeks that will work.

honeychile 09-01-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2459797)
I also had the following:

Alaska - Anchorage - opened in 2017 per NPC bulletin
Sonoma State - the last opening I have was 2011 where AOII was chosen
Johnson & Wales Miami - opened in 2017 - can't remember where I saw this
Purdue - opened 2017, I remember some discussion about ADPi
Pittsburg State (KS) - opened 2017
LSU - Alexandria - Theta Phi Alpha was chosen 2010/2011 and decided not to colonize
St. John's - Staten Island - opened 2017 per NPC bulletin
Kenyon (OH) - AOII & Phi Sig presented in 2015, no decision
Ohio Northern - opened 2018
Carlow - local Delta Gamma Beta looking to affiliate
PA College of Technology - opened 2018
Bethel (TN) - opened in 2016
Our Lady of the Lake University (TX) - opened in 2016
Wisconsin - Stevens Point - ASA presented in 2015

Canada:
University of Ottawa - opened in 2016
Wilfrid Laurier (Ontario) - opened in 2015

I assume many of these schools decided not to pursue extension

I had heard from one of the chapter advisors at Temple that there were 3 presenters, 2 besides TriDelt but not who

I think there are at least 5 Purdue ADPis in my alumnae association who would KILL to see a recolonization there!

carnation 09-01-2018 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=ChioLu;2459762]Anyone know whatís happening at schools who have announced NPC expansion?
* Abraham Baldwin Ag. College (GA) - Open, new NPC system. (Enrollment 3700, located in Tifton/south central GA)
* Middle Georgia State College (now, Middle Georgia State University) - Open for new Greek system (nearly 8000 undergrads, located in Macon)

Somebody choose these two! Great campuses!

ABAC has 3 national fraternities (Kappa Sig, AGRho, and a Latino group) and Sigma Alpha national ag sorority.

Happy Alum 09-01-2018 11:18 AM

I'd like to see the Macon Magnolias at Middle Georgia State University.

IndianaSigKap 09-01-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 2459831)
I think there are at least 5 Purdue ADPis in my alumnae association who would KILL to see a recolonization there!

With quota being very manageable as it has for the past couple of years, I would think Purdue will hold off on another expansion for a bit. They added two chapters in the recent past and while both chapters are doing well, the numbers don't seem to support an additional chapter.

ChioLu 09-01-2018 11:51 AM

The Middle Georgia State Univ. main campus is actually in Cochran, GA - about 40 minutes away from Macon. Plus, there are already 2 national groups there: KDX (Latina) and APhiA. Geographically, it could be a good opportunity for any of the sororities at Mercer University (in Macon) to colonize and have a mentor close — ADPi, AGD, XO, PM — with 2 of those having their international HQ in GA!

For ABAC, there could be a similar mentoring situation for the sororities at nearby Valdosta State Univ. (45 min. south on I-75), with 5 groups close by: ADPi, ASA, XO, KD, PM, ZTA.

Griffins&Quills 09-01-2018 09:13 PM

I feel like the Georgia Board of Regents has been going after a lot of schools for consolidation. I'm wondering if no one has bitten because they think those schools will also eventually be consolidated, which could make the expansion effort complicated (like SPSU/Kennesaw was), or useless.

carnation 09-01-2018 10:04 PM

Middle Georgia was already combined with Macon State (and maybe someone else?) but I don't see ABAC combining with anyone--they have such a specific niche.

Cheerio 09-02-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2459762)
Anyone know what’s happening at schools who have announced NPC expansion? Will try to cross-reference our expansion thread, IrishPipes thread and sorority extension’s twitter as much as possible.

* University of Memphis at Lambuth - Open. Former Lambuth University, which had 5 NPCs in its history, with 3 (Phi Mu, AOPi, AGD) closing with the final Lambuth commencement in 2011. If any of those came back, would it be a recolonization? (Approx 1000 students, in Jackson TN, 70 miles east of Memphis.)

If memory serves: someone previously posted here that the University of Memphis is restricting NPC colonies at UMemphis-Lambuth to make sure no NPC group is allowed to be at BOTH campuses.

From reading IP's Lambuth and Memphis listings: the only NPC recolonization allowed by Memphis, from Lambuth, at UMemphis-Lambuth would thus be AOII (if they were even interested) with no guarantee of any additional NPC desiring a new UMemphis-Lambuth colony.

ChioLu 09-02-2018 05:31 PM

Was there sorority housing at Lambuth Univ. (now UM-Lambuth)? If so, was it sold after May 2011? 7 years would be a long time to keep the real estate if it wasn’t being rented out for dorms.

Griffins&Quills 09-02-2018 05:41 PM

What is the driver for this? There are plenty of schools with satellite campuses that also have the same sorority

33girl 09-02-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2459879)
What is the driver for this? There are plenty of schools with satellite campuses that also have the same sorority

Well, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesnít.

Hard to phrase delicately question - is U of M Lambuth on the same level academically and otherwise as U of M?

PKT4LIFE 09-03-2018 07:49 PM

Delta Chi suspended at UF.

https://www.gainesville.com/news/201...emplate=ampart

irishpipes 09-03-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2459877)
Was there sorority housing at Lambuth Univ. (now UM-Lambuth)? If so, was it sold after May 2011? 7 years would be a long time to keep the real estate if it wasnít being rented out for dorms.

I remember seeing a picture of a cute, tiny AOII house at Lambuth. I would guess it was more of a lodge without sleeping rooms. Just a guess though.

Iota_JWH 09-04-2018 11:55 AM

Sonoma State is not open for expansion, they did have over 500 PMNs a couple years ago, but this year it was 360.

JayhawkAOII 09-04-2018 04:21 PM

In poking around, looks like the Delta Phi Epsilon Chapter at UConn-Stamford has closed. According to the university website, it appears that the campus no longer supports Greek life.

LaneSig 09-05-2018 10:48 AM

The Sigma Chi chapter at the University of Kentucky has been given a 1 year suspension. Suspension is due to violations of school and national organization policies.

lalex93 09-05-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2459797)
I also had the following:
Canada:
University of Ottawa - opened in 2016

uOttawa has two NPC orgs, Tri Delta (1995) and APhi (2014), but has yet to form a CPH to go about extension process properly.

PKT4LIFE 09-06-2018 01:01 AM

The DKE chapter at Kenyon College was suspended last spring for hazing and is listed as "inactive" on the Kenyon FSL web site. BTW, this chapter was founded in 1852, do the math. :(

https://kenyoncollegian.com/must-rea...g-allegations/

PKT4LIFE 09-06-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 2459828)
Do you have an idea why it's been open for so long without any NPCs taking it on?



Does anyone have any insight into the future of Kenyon sororities? We have a chapter there - the only non-local sorority. Is there pressure on the locals to follow suit?

It's my understanding that there's no pressure for the locals to affiliate. The locals are well established at Kenyon.

It was the Zeta Alpha Pi alum that wanted to go National but the undergrads opted not to affiliate because they wanted more control over chapter operations.

LaneSig 09-07-2018 09:51 AM

Congratulations to Phi Kappa Theta on their recent chartering at the University of Iowa.

LaneSig 09-10-2018 04:46 PM

Congratulations to Alpha Sigma Phi on chartering at the University of Central Arkansas.

Best wishes to Alpha Gamma Rho on beginning colonization at SUNY-Cobleskill. This is the first NIC organization on campus.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.