GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2018/2019 Colonies/Expansions/Charters/Closures (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=243690)

dukedg 05-02-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sororitysock (Post 2465895)
The Sigma Phi Epsilon chapter at UC Berkeley has ceased operations after a reported sexual assault in the house. https://www.berkeleyside.com/2019/04...ma-phi-epsilon

I read this to be a temporary measure while an investigation is conducted based on: The UC Berkeley chapter of the fraternity has “ceased operations,” Kirk said, meaning “all facets of chapter programs or events” will cease while headquarters “staff and volunteers work with the chapter to investigate the situation.”

LaneSig 05-03-2019 09:41 AM

Congratulations to Sigma Alpha Mu at Brooklyn College(NY) on receiving their charter.

Sororitysock 05-03-2019 04:56 PM

:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dukedg (Post 2465921)
I read this to be a temporary measure while an investigation is conducted based on: The UC Berkeley chapter of the fraternity has “ceased operations,” Kirk said, meaning “all facets of chapter programs or events” will cease while headquarters “staff and volunteers work with the chapter to investigate the situation.”

My sources on the ground there say this is a formality and they will not reopen in the fall.

LaneSig 05-06-2019 04:09 PM

A weekend full of charters! Congratulations to the following groups on receiving their charters:

Alpha Chi Omega- Rutgers University(NJ)

Phi Mu - Pace University(NY)

Beta Theta Pi- Worcester Polytechnic Institute(MA)

Kappa Sigma- California State University-Channel Islands

Sigma Alpha Mu- Illinois State University

Sigma Chi- Texas Tech University

LaneSig 05-07-2019 09:23 AM

Congratulations to Pi Kappa Phi at Temple University(PA) on receiving their charter.

The University of Texas-Tyler has invited Alpha Tau Omega to colonize in Fall '19, and FarmHouse Fraternity to colonize in Fall '20.

Delta Chi has announced that they will be colonizing at Towson University(MD) and the University of Nevada-Reno in Fall '19.

LaneSig 05-09-2019 09:22 AM

Kappa Sigma has been given a three year suspension by Temple University(PA). No word on if the national organization will suspend the charter.

JayhawkAOII 05-13-2019 12:52 PM

Tri- Sigma's extension to Lindenwood University-Belleville may now not happen. In the Post-Dispatch today, Lindenwood is eliminating most undergraduate programs at the Belleville campus starting in Fall 2020. Undergraduate students, per the article, may transfer to the main campus in St. Charles, MO or finish their degrees on line.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...me-top-story-1

LaneSig 05-13-2019 01:14 PM

Congratulations to Kappa Delta Rho on chartering at the University of California-Berkeley.

Sigma Tau Gamma has announced plans to colonize at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Fall '19.

PKT4LIFE 05-13-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayhawkAOII (Post 2466255)
Tri- Sigma's extension to Lindenwood University-Belleville may now not happen. In the Post-Dispatch today, Lindenwood is eliminating most undergraduate programs at the Belleville campus starting in Fall 2020. Undergraduate students, per the article, may transfer to the main campus in St. Charles, MO or finish their degrees on line.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...me-top-story-1

There are 2 fraternities at LU-B, Phi Beta Sigma and Sigma Tau Gamma. The St Louis campus already has TriSigma and Phi Beta Sigma chapters. Wondering if Sig Tau will be given permission to "transfer" their charter to the St Louis campus.

LaneSig 05-14-2019 11:01 AM

Congratulations to Phi Delta Theta on their recent chartering at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.

PKT4LIFE 05-17-2019 09:42 PM

*University of Colorado-Denver

Is open to expansion. Presentations will be held during Fall '19 with colonization(s) Spring 2020. This is a new greek life system.
http://www.ucdenver.edu/life/service...s/default.aspx

LaneSig 05-20-2019 04:20 PM

Congratulations to Zeta Psi on their recent chartering at the University of Paris(France).

LaneSig 05-20-2019 05:16 PM

Alpha Epsilon Pi has suspended their chapter at Georgia Southern University. Suspension is until 2025.

navane 05-20-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaneSig (Post 2466474)
Congratulations to Zeta Psi on their recent chartering at the University of Paris(France).

Wow, congratulations to Zeta Psi!

LaneSig 05-21-2019 09:07 AM

Pi Kappa Phi has been closed at Louisiana State University. Closure is due to RMF.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...104d82a02.html


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.