GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

HotDamnImAPhiMu 02-02-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccaminister (Post 1772798)
She badmouthed every sorority including ours while at one of our parties. She was offended when someone knelt to be on eye level, and then was offended when the next girl didn't. She called people names, actually used curse words when speaking to the sisters.

Forget the chair. Sounds like her handicap was being a bitch.

Gusteau 02-06-2009 03:29 PM

I love reading this thread because its the kind of thing that you think will never happen to you, and then it does.

I went up to a kid during rush the other night who I hadn't yet had a chance to meet and introduced myself. I asked him if he'd been having a good time and went to scratch my back. He said, "What are you doing?" and, confused, I said, "Scratching my back...?" He proceeded to peer around me to make sure I was just scratching my back and said, "Sorry I'm and administration of justice major, they teach us not to trust people with their hands behind their backs." All I could think of to say was, "Nope, just scratching." Honestly, as if I were going to shank him at a rush event...

LucyKKG 02-06-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1776263)
I love reading this thread because its the kind of thing that you think will never happen to you, and then it does.

I went up to a kid during rush the other night who I hadn't yet had a chance to meet and introduced myself. I asked him if he'd been having a good time and went to scratch my back. He said, "What are you doing?" and, confused, I said, "Scratching my back...?" He proceeded to peer around me to make sure I was just scratching my back and said, "Sorry I'm and administration of justice major, they teach us not to trust people with their hands behind their backs." All I could think of to say was, "Nope, just scratching." Honestly, as if I were going to shank him at a rush event...

Your response was a lot better than any I could've mustered. I probably would've made an awkward joke and then faked like I was gonna shake him. Lol...oh dear...

VandalSquirrel 02-06-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyKKG (Post 1776264)
Your response was a lot better than any I could've mustered. I probably would've made an awkward joke and then faked like I was gonna shake him. Lol...oh dear...

Well that's why they call it "cut from recruitment"

ZTA72 02-06-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel (Post 1776265)
Well that's why they call it "cut from recruitment"

That made me LOL. All these stories are too funny. Just when you think you've heard/seen it all.

VandalSquirrel 02-06-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTA72 (Post 1776269)
That made me LOL. All these stories are too funny. Just when you think you've heard/seen it all.

I was told by a Greek Advisor to stop saying CUT and to say RELEASED, so perhaps if one is getting shanked they aren't getting "cut" but "released from life"

I needed this thread as a distraction from my APA citation checking.

bostongreek 02-06-2009 04:05 PM

My friend from another school told me this one from when she was rushing. She was a in one sorority's room when all of a sudden a PNM near her screams loud enough for everyone to her over the chatter "YOU'RE HER!" and punches the active she was talking to in the face.

Apparently, the PNM's ex had dumped her for the active sister and the PNM had only known the girl by name and had freaked out as soon as she'd introduced herself.

ZTA72 02-06-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostongreek (Post 1776274)
My friend from another school told me this one from when she was rushing. She was a in one sorority's room when all of a sudden a PNM near her screams loud enough for everyone to her over the chatter "YOU'RE HER!" and punches the active she was talking to in the face.

Assault charge, instead of a bid??

agzg 02-06-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel (Post 1776270)
I was told by a Greek Advisor to stop saying CUT and to say RELEASED, so perhaps if one is getting shanked they aren't getting "cut" but "released from life"

That was a pop-snorting, laptop ruining moment. Thank God I keep my computer fairly far away from me!

lovespink88 02-06-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Apparently, the PNM's ex had dumped her for the active sister and the PNM had only known the girl by name and had freaked out as soon as she'd introduced herself.

OMG! This is my vote for craziest story... wow!!!!

SWTXBelle 02-06-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

I'm assuming she didn't get invited back . .. :rolleyes:

HotDamnImAPhiMu 02-06-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1776263)

Good use of the word "shank". Nicely done.

Gusteau 02-06-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu (Post 1776416)
Good use of the word "shank". Nicely done.

Yeah it's like my second favorite word, I'm glad you appreciated it.

Bella_Petit 02-07-2009 05:22 PM

This one happened last year. On Bid Day, we were celebrating with our new PNM's and took pictures. When we were back at the house, I was talking to one PNM because I didn't get to meet her during recruitment. When I asked her who else she preffed, she gave me an odd look and said she didn't pref anyone. She wanted to join a sorority but didn't participate in rush. She picked the sorority she wanted, hung out with the PNM's on Bid Day and ran with them to us. :eek: She was in our pictures posing with our new member class and our actives. I had to excuse myself and tell our advisors about her and they had to take her to another room and tell her that one can't just pick a sorority and join them on Bid Day. There is a process to it. She took it well but refused to return the Bid Day gifts of tote, shirts and trinkets because she liked them and thought they were pretty. It was a while before she was convinced to return them and leave.

KSUViolet06 02-07-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella_Petit (Post 1776600)
This one happened last year. On Bid Day, we were celebrating with our new PNM's and took pictures. When we were back at the house, I was talking to one PNM because I didn't get to meet her during recruitment. When I asked her who else she preffed, she gave me an odd look and said she didn't pref anyone. She wanted to join a sorority but didn't participate in rush. She picked the sorority she wanted, hung out with the PNM's on Bid Day and ran with them to us. :eek: She was in our pictures posing with our new member class and our actives. I had to excuse myself and tell our advisors about her and they had to take her to another room and tell her that one can't just pick a sorority and join them on Bid Day. There is a process to it. She took it well but refused to return the Bid Day gifts of tote, shirts and trinkets because she liked them and thought they were pretty. It was a while before she was convinced to return them and leave.

Um, what?

This is pretty weird.

And NO ONE noticed her at any point (like during picture taking) and said "Um who is that random that no one has ever seen before?"