GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Hot dog stand? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=62005)

AOII_LB93 01-18-2005 05:33 PM

Hot dog stand?

I know I am seriously dating myself to the early to mid 80s here, but did anyone else ever play the very old computer game "Hot dog stand"? I remember playing it in grade school and you had to look at the weather for the stadium, buy enough hot dogs, buns, and soda, etc...to make a profit for your stand. I think it must have been an educational game, because we played it in math class.

Was I the only person to play this? None of my other friends(save the elementary school kids with whom I was in class) know anything about it at all. Kind of disturbing.

Anyhow, just wondering, it was a great game. Graphics left a little to be desired though.:)

NutBrnHair 01-18-2005 05:39 PM

Sounds fun!

Is this it?

Hot Dog Stand

AOII_LB93 01-18-2005 05:41 PM

Re: Sounds fun!

Quote:

Originally posted by NutBrnHair
Is this it?

Hot Dog Stand

YES! Wow...ahh, back in the day. *reminiscing*

CUGreekgirl 01-18-2005 05:47 PM

I've played "Lemonade Stand" online before. It has pretty much the same concept.

KSig RC 01-18-2005 05:58 PM

I greatly prefered this game at hot dog stands . . . childhood was sweet

AOII_LB93 01-18-2005 05:59 PM

All I had to do was look at the article title to get a laugh. Thank you so much.:D

RioLambdaAlum 01-18-2005 09:57 PM

i found the game M.A.S.H. online once do ya remember playing that game in school with your friends?

AOII_LB93 01-18-2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RioLambdaAlum
i found the game M.A.S.H. online once do ya remember playing that game in school with your friends?
Do I ever...Only we added an E to the end, because quite honestly mansion wasn't big enough...we needed to add Estate.:p

mmcat 01-19-2005 07:54 AM

let's hear it for the dogs...

IowaStatePhiPsi 01-19-2005 10:43 AM

the hot dog stand game is still used in some places to teach math skills in lower jr high grades. It was mentioned in one of my Curriculum Instruction courses in 2003.

aephi alum 01-19-2005 11:01 AM

I remember that hot dog stand game. You had a budget, and you'd buy stuff to sell at the hot dog stand... some items would keep if they weren't sold, and therefore could be sold at a later game, whereas others wouldn't keep.

I also remember MASH. My friends and I would play these massive games with a ton of categories - both typical and weird - whom you would marry, how many kids, what your job would be (yes, we women planned to work), what salary, what type of car you would drive, what gem would be in your engagement ring, what metal would your wedding ring be, etc. We'd have so many categories that it would take the entire lunch/recess period to do MASH for one person! We'd get weird combinations like making $10,000 a year as a doctor, having no kids but finding out our first kid's name would be Sam, living in a shack but driving a Rolls Royce... of course, that's what made it fun. :)

I'm old :(