GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

Sciencewoman 08-11-2011 09:48 PM

Yes, TSteven, we were the 2nd party on their schedule on the very first day of recruitment.

Now that I think about it, what are the odds that they were both placed in the same Rho Chi rotation group? This was a large ACC university with hundreds of women going through rush. Maybe they had a student worker on the inside assisting with the prank...these were both well-known guys in the Greek Community and not members of the same frat, BTW.

The sisters in the chapter I currently advise say that the recruitment registration form our Panhel uses does not ask for gender, and it only asks PNMs to sign that they have never initiated into an NPC group. I guess it should ask about IFC membership, too.... ;)

lovespink88 08-11-2011 09:59 PM

Sciencewoman, that's probably my new favorite story in this thread. That is HILAROUS!

DrPhil 08-11-2011 10:04 PM

That story is hilarious. The Crazy 80s.

I wonder if that story would be different if done today. LOL.

violetpretty 08-11-2011 10:35 PM

Sciencewoman, tell me you are a Terp!

Sciencewoman 08-11-2011 11:00 PM

Yes, I am, Violetpretty...and your house was right next door!

Do you remember this story???!!

SAITrump 08-12-2011 12:07 PM

I love that story, Sciencewoman! Been seeing boys cross dress for fun since I was in 5th grade. But when my mom saw the boys dressed as girls for the fifth grade talent show, she immediately, without missing a beat, asked them whether their implants were silicone or saline. And I could see her doing that in this situation as well, given the opportunity! From these stories, I'm starting to think she gained her weird conversation coping skills through her sorority.

ASTalumna06 08-12-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 2078578)
I think Sciencewoman meant the third party of the day.

Ha, sorry.. This is what I meant, but clearly I worded it wrong!

If I thought they had made it to the third round of recruitment, I would have said they deserve a prize or something! Lol

Sciencewoman 08-12-2011 05:18 PM

Well, no one would have invited them back for further rounds.

Because they didn't have recs. ;)

GeorgiaGreek 12-02-2012 08:14 PM

How has this wonderful thread been allowed to wither?!

I don't have any incredibly weird stories I ran recall right now, just one slightly confusing girl. This was during the first round, and this girl was very sweet, though her outfit definitely didn't go with the typical UGA rush style of sundress and cute sandals. Her outfit was very craftsy-looking, and she also had a very large crossbody bag that was all sorts of patchwork. Her hair and makeup weren't particularly done either, kind of messy, plain I suppose. Of course there are always some girls who come through that don't want to dress up and be super-primped even though most other girls take that route. The strange thing about the girl was that she was talking about how much she loved fashion! How she wanted to major in fashion merchandising and design clothing and just how into fashion she was. Trying to find common ground, I said how I loved looking at all the runway shows on Style.com and she had no idea what I was talking about. I turned the conversation to all the great boutiques and vintage stores in Athens and she seemed totally uninterested.
So, a not-very-fashionably dressed girl who says she loves fashion but doesn't want to talk about runway fashion or clothes shopping. Ooooookay, let me just tell you about Greek life then... Maybe she just thought mentioning fashion would make her more appealing to sororities, or maybe she's just kind of clueless, no idea. She seemed nice though. She didn't end up in my sorority, but I hope she found her home somewhere.

Edited to remove rush year; Don't want the girl to be identified if someone else happens to remember her

Roselove 02-04-2013 04:06 PM

Perhaps my stories are not as entertaining as the other but here they are.

We had a girl rush. Whenever asked a question about liking something she replied with "No". After trying to find out something to talk about a sister asked her what she liked to do for fun she replied "Pretty much anything, I enjoy everything"......right:confused:

Another rush was wearing clothing that was clearly from goodwill. It was so bad she smelled like a used clothing store. You would think she would have a friend to borrow a dress from or at least find a way to minimize the smell.

preciousjeni 02-04-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roselove (Post 2201625)
We had a girl rush with wearing glasses! I know some people cant wear contacts but you would think she would at least have taken them off for rush.

Hmmm...

DeltaBetaBaby 02-04-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

We had a girl rush with wearing glasses! I know some people cant wear contacts but you would think she would at least have taken them off for rush.
They were not flattering to her face as well.

:confused:

Wait, what? What part of the country (or maybe what planet) are you from where glasses are a fashion faux pas?

AZTheta 02-04-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Perhaps my stories are not as entertaining as the other but here they are.

Another rush was wearing clothing that was clearly from goodwill. It was so bad she smelled like a used clothing store. You would think she would have a friend to borrow a dress from or at least find a way to minimize the smell. Whenever asked a question about liking something she replied with "No". After trying to find out something to talk about a sister asked her what she liked to do for fun she replied "Pretty much anything, I enjoy everything"......right:confused:

QFP

:confused: interesting first post on GC.

KD4Me 02-04-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Maybe she actually wanted to see? One of my good friends specifically chose to wear her glasses to pref night. She told me afterwards that she did it because she didn't want to join a sorority that wouldn't give a bid to a girl who wore glasses. I always thought that was sort of crazy-who would think twice about a girl wearing glasses during recruitment? Apparently not.

DeltaBetaBaby 02-04-2013 04:40 PM

Okay, for real, is this a regional thing? In my neck of the woods, people wear glasses as a fashion accessory. Personally, I see better with contacts, but sometimes wear my glasses for a different look, and I have friends who wear glasses with non-corrective lenses. The idea of them being something to avoid is really strange to me.