GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

BabyPiNK_FL 08-27-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyj87 (Post 1975868)
Not so much weird. Last night NPHC had "meet the greeks" but it wasn't very expained that it was for NPHC and those interested in SIA. Our chapter president told us to come and show support so about 10-15 girls from each NPC sorority came. There were a bunch of girls only interested in the NPC sororities.

Since recruitment is next week, we're obviously not allowed to talk to PNMs. We had so many girls coming up to us saying "Hi My names Britt-" and having to cut them off explaining that we're not allowed to talk to them outside the rooms. They looked confused.

One of my sisters told me that a girl she turned away went and talked to a member in another sorority who didn't turn her away. She was worried that the girl would think we lied to her or just didn't want to talk to her.

Honestly, this = bad PR for all NPC groups on campus. At any type of school event or greek event you should be talking to PNMs and encouraging positive panhellenic contact. This is like shooting yourselves in the foot here. PC needs to be notified that this is not beneficial to the overall goal stat!

Aerylle 08-27-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xylochick216 (Post 1975841)
That's not terribly odd. If you look at my Myers Briggs results, I'm an Feeler, not a Thinker. If she's talking about her personality type, not weird.

That's the problem though. She wasn't as far as I can tell. The sentence was followed with, "I just think whatever my dad tells me." and the conversation was about like.. our opinion on something. I don't remember what though.

FleurGirl 09-06-2010 04:40 PM

We had a girl show up today wearing an owl necklace, talking about how she couldn't wait to have a big and call us her sisters, ask us about membership selection, and tell us that Kappa was the only place she wanted to be and she was wasting her time going to other parties. Talk about coming on WAY too strong. *Facepalm*

KSUViolet06 09-06-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleurGirl (Post 1979884)
We had a girl show up today wearing an owl necklace, talking about how she couldn't wait to have a big and call us her sisters, ask us about membership selection, and tell us that Kappa was the only place she wanted to be and she was wasting her time going to other parties. Talk about coming on WAY too strong. *Facepalm*

Oh man. Where did she end up?

jennyj87 09-06-2010 05:55 PM

AHh i totally forgot about this thread.

There was a girl who went through recruitment. The panhellenic/rho gamma's called her 'delta nu' due to the fact that during the summer when she came for orientation she came up to the panhellenic table and asked if we had Delta Nu at the school.

The talk about her started going around at Ice Water because she sat down with one of my sister and they started talking about things. My sister asked what she was into and she said she really liked video games. My sister asked what kind and she said Harry Potter. Delta Nu goes "you can take the classes he takes and everything. And I don't know if you can tell what house I'm in, but I'm defiantly not a syltherin".

There were more stories but when one of my sisters heard about Delta Nu she wanted to have some fun. She begs to get paired with her during the next round and MSC allowed it. So my sister sits down and asks Delta Nu what she likes to do. Delta Nu responds that she likes to go on the internet. My sister gave her a blank stare (she was pretending she didn't know what the internet was). My sister askes what she likes to do on 'this internet'? Delta Nu responds that she really likes Facebook. My sister askes "what is facebook" and this girl literally screamed "YOU DONT KNOW WAHT FACEBOOK IS"

Last night I found out that during the orientation session, her cell phone rang. She looks wide eyed at our panhellenic advisor and asked if this would hurt her chances on getting into a sorority. The only people in the room were the pNMS, rho gammas, and pannellenic officers.

I'll try to find more Delta Nu stories.

thetygerlily 09-06-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleurGirl (Post 1979884)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1979895)
Oh man. Where did she end up?

How did she know that wearing an owl necklace automatically gets her on the bid list? She must've already known all of our MS secrets before that round.

Yes, you have to share where she winds up once recruitment is over!

And Jenny, can't wait for more Delta Nu stories. One PNM with all that going on... that's impressive. But at least you all had a good stress reliever during recruitmen!

jennyj87 09-06-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetygerlily (Post 1979927)
And Jenny, can't wait for more Delta Nu stories. One PNM with all that going on... that's impressive. But at least you all had a good stress reliever during recruitmen!

I was laughing so hard at the bar last night from their stories people were staring.

jennyj87 09-06-2010 10:41 PM

Oh I remember another Delta Nu fun thing. SHe kept telling everyone how much she loved Ice Skating and that it was her dream to go to the Olympics. So naturally we FB stalked her and all her 'ice skating' pictures are pictures from the website 'face in the hole'.

33girl 09-06-2010 10:43 PM

OMG that website. I'm not going to start playing with it or I won't stop.

This is almost starting to sound like Delta Nu is doing a performance art piece to see how freaky she can be and/or to see if someone this freaky can get a bid.

TexasSK 09-15-2010 05:12 PM

Once I preffed a girl who wore khakis and a corduroy jacket while everyone else was wearing after five attire. She said, "They told me to wear something nice, but they didn't say how nice!"

Splash 09-15-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyj87 (Post 1979909)
this girl literally screamed "YOU DONT KNOW WAHT FACEBOOK IS"

Most people would have that reaction (assuming you're not speaking to a 90 year-old)

My awkward sitch:

"I have a tattoo of an anchor on my ass, so I figured I would just join here." :eek:

Also for the owl necklace girl, can't you just SAY "You're coming on too strong, let's chat about something else for a little bit." If you've already decided you're going to cut her, then maybe it'll help her out at another party, but if it's truly just a faux-pas, then you might as well socialize with the girl

33girl 09-15-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 1984176)
"I have a tattoo of an anchor on my ass, so I figured I would just join here." :eek:

Dying. Laughing. Who is she, Popeye?

Splash 09-15-2010 08:38 PM

Thank god she didn't try to prove it!!

itsrachel 09-17-2010 02:17 PM

I'm going through recruitment next week, so I thought I'd share some interesting things as a PNM. Not as crazy as some other stories, though!

We had an info meeting a few days ago, where were introduced to our Rho Gammas and we get to see a cute slideshow of Greek life and a "What To Wear" Fashion show for recruitment week. Well, I saw a girl sitting alone so I decided to sit with her and talk to her. As soon as I sat down, she started talking about how she's a legacy at XYZ and how she will for sure get a bid there. Now, I rushed last year and met a couple of girls who were legacies at this same sorority and did not get bids from them. When I told her that was great, but that she should definitely keep her options open, she replied, "Oh there's no need for that...my mother will make sure of it." I was just like oh, okay...

While watching the slideshow, a picture of two girls wearing those letters popped up and she started going, "OMG! That's my house! Those are my new sisters!"

Then, while we were given basic terms, "legacy" came up and this girl literally yelled "OOH! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I'M A LEGACY AT XYZ! I KNOW WHAT A LEGACY IS!" in a quiet room full of about 400 girls. Everyone turned to stare at us, and even the PanHel president was kind of stunned and was silent for a second.

twinkle555 09-17-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsrachel (Post 1984918)
I'm going through recruitment next week, so I thought I'd share some interesting things as a PNM. Not as crazy as some other stories, though!

We had an info meeting a few days ago, where were introduced to our Rho Gammas and we get to see a cute slideshow of Greek life and a "What To Wear" Fashion show for recruitment week. Well, I saw a girl sitting alone so I decided to sit with her and talk to her. As soon as I sat down, she started talking about how she's a legacy at XYZ and how she will for sure get a bid there. Now, I rushed last year and met a couple of girls who were legacies at this same sorority and did not get bids from them. When I told her that was great, but that she should definitely keep her options open, she replied, "Oh there's no need for that...my mother will make sure of it." I was just like oh, okay...

While watching the slideshow, a picture of two girls wearing those letters popped up and she started going, "OMG! That's my house! Those are my new sisters!"

Then, while we were given basic terms, "legacy" came up and this girl literally yelled "OOH! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I'M A LEGACY AT XYZ! I KNOW WHAT A LEGACY IS!" in a quiet room full of about 400 girls. Everyone turned to stare at us, and even the PanHel president was kind of stunned and was silent for a second.

WOW..lol you HAVE to let us know what happens to legacy nut