GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

lovespink88 02-06-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostongreek (Post 1776274)
My friend from another school told me this one from when she was rushing. She was a in one sorority's room when all of a sudden a PNM near her screams loud enough for everyone to her over the chatter "YOU'RE HER!" and punches the active she was talking to in the face.

Apparently, the PNM's ex had dumped her for the active sister and the PNM had only known the girl by name and had freaked out as soon as she'd introduced herself.


OMG! This is my vote for craziest story... wow!!!!

SWTXBelle 02-06-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostongreek (Post 1776274)
My friend from another school told me this one from when she was rushing. She was a in one sorority's room when all of a sudden a PNM near her screams loud enough for everyone to her over the chatter "YOU'RE HER!" and punches the active she was talking to in the face.

Apparently, the PNM's ex had dumped her for the active sister and the PNM had only known the girl by name and had freaked out as soon as she'd introduced herself.

I'm assuming she didn't get invited back . .. :rolleyes:

HotDamnImAPhiMu 02-06-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1776263)
I love reading this thread because its the kind of thing that you think will never happen to you, and then it does.

I went up to a kid during rush the other night who I hadn't yet had a chance to meet and introduced myself. I asked him if he'd been having a good time and went to scratch my back. He said, "What are you doing?" and, confused, I said, "Scratching my back...?" He proceeded to peer around me to make sure I was just scratching my back and said, "Sorry I'm and administration of justice major, they teach us not to trust people with their hands behind their backs." All I could think of to say was, "Nope, just scratching." Honestly, as if I were going to shank him at a rush event...

Good use of the word "shank". Nicely done.

Gusteau 02-06-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu (Post 1776416)
Good use of the word "shank". Nicely done.

Yeah it's like my second favorite word, I'm glad you appreciated it.

Bella_Petit 02-07-2009 05:22 PM

This one happened last year. On Bid Day, we were celebrating with our new PNM's and took pictures. When we were back at the house, I was talking to one PNM because I didn't get to meet her during recruitment. When I asked her who else she preffed, she gave me an odd look and said she didn't pref anyone. She wanted to join a sorority but didn't participate in rush. She picked the sorority she wanted, hung out with the PNM's on Bid Day and ran with them to us. :eek: She was in our pictures posing with our new member class and our actives. I had to excuse myself and tell our advisors about her and they had to take her to another room and tell her that one can't just pick a sorority and join them on Bid Day. There is a process to it. She took it well but refused to return the Bid Day gifts of tote, shirts and trinkets because she liked them and thought they were pretty. It was a while before she was convinced to return them and leave.

KSUViolet06 02-07-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella_Petit (Post 1776600)
This one happened last year. On Bid Day, we were celebrating with our new PNM's and took pictures. When we were back at the house, I was talking to one PNM because I didn't get to meet her during recruitment. When I asked her who else she preffed, she gave me an odd look and said she didn't pref anyone. She wanted to join a sorority but didn't participate in rush. She picked the sorority she wanted, hung out with the PNM's on Bid Day and ran with them to us. :eek: She was in our pictures posing with our new member class and our actives. I had to excuse myself and tell our advisors about her and they had to take her to another room and tell her that one can't just pick a sorority and join them on Bid Day. There is a process to it. She took it well but refused to return the Bid Day gifts of tote, shirts and trinkets because she liked them and thought they were pretty. It was a while before she was convinced to return them and leave.

Um, what?

This is pretty weird.

And NO ONE noticed her at any point (like during picture taking) and said "Um who is that random that no one has ever seen before?"

Bella_Petit 02-07-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1776602)
Um, what?

This is pretty weird.

And NO ONE noticed her at any point (like during picture taking) and said "Um who is that random that no one has ever seen before?"

Some girls did but they assumed that she was in someone else's rush group and that's why they didn't remember her. Plus, she was really friendly and chatty with the other PNM's so it seemed like she had been there all along. She also looked A LOT like another new member we had and they had the same first name and similar last names. I felt really idiotic about it but I also felt bad for her. I've seen her around campus and we did invite her to informal but she didn't show up.

luv n tpa 02-09-2009 02:30 PM

Ah - and deferred recruitment is upon us.

Last night, one of my sisters who was recently initiated was talking to a PNM who had a whole slew of bizarre questions. The best, however, probably has to be:

PNM: "So like, how do you start your own sorority?"
Sister: "Oh .. uhm. I'm not really sure. I'm not a founder of my chapter."
PNM: "No really, tell me."
Sister: "I'm sorry, I still don't know."
PNM: "Well if you find out, can you tell me? My friend and I don't really like the ones on campus, so we want to start our own."

I'd really love to see if she comes back tonight.

LucyKKG 02-09-2009 03:47 PM

Hahah oh dear...this is definitely one of my favorite threads.

AOIIalum 02-09-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv n tpa (Post 1777317)
PNM: "Well if you find out, can you tell me? My friend and I don't really like the ones on campus, so we want to start our own."

Speechless! I bet if she does return tonight, everyone in the room will know who she is. Wow.

GammaPhi88 02-09-2009 06:22 PM

Now that Bid Day is over I can finally tell this gem!

Last semester, I was sitting in a large lecture class wearing my letters when a girl comes up to me and compliments me on them. She says...

Her: Omg I love your letters! I think I'm rushing next semester!
Me: Thank you so much! And thats great...rushing is such a great thing to do.
Her: Yeahhh I'm soooo excited to rush, but I'm so nervous about pledging!
Me: Oh, why are you nervous for pledging? It's really a good experience, and sororities at this school do not haze.
Her: Well, I know in order to become a sister you have to suck the dick of every guy in whatever fraternity you girls choose. So, like, even though I'm TOTALLY ready to do that, I'm kinda nervous! Which frat do you girls blow?
Me: uhhhhhhhh....um....what?

Once I was over my speechlessness, I attempted to assure her that no, no one actually does that. She didn't believe me, but...at least I tried.

So, low and behold, blowjob girl decides to rush.

At a rush party, she kept going on about how much she looooooved us in the creepiest way possible. How much she loved our colors, how she has "a shitload" of crescent jewelry, and how excited she was to be a future sister of Betsey Johnson (I guess she confused us with Alpha Xi Delta). She went on to tell my sister how much she loved our badge, and how she was looking for one on ebay so she could be ready for her initiation.

To put things shortly, she is not a new member in our house.

Unregistered- 02-09-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1777442)

To put things shortly, she is not a new member in our house.

:eek:

Do you know if she got into any of the houses?

honeychile 02-09-2009 10:49 PM

:eek:

I think I would have felt obligated to really mess with bj girl's mind. "One? Make that Five!"

luv n tpa 02-10-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOIIalum (Post 1777381)
Speechless! I bet if she does return tonight, everyone in the room will know who she is. Wow.

I didn't see her tonight, nor did I hear any more interesting stories.

I did, however, get attacked with a bear hug by a girl who is a stage-five clinger. :eek:

twinkle555 02-10-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv n tpa (Post 1777708)
I didn't see her tonight, nor did I hear any more interesting stories.

I did, however, get attacked with a bear hug by a girl who is a stage-five clinger. :eek:

LOL..stage-five clinger...:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.