GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

PhoenixAzul 07-10-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by summer_gphib
Our entire chapter was downstairs voting, and the Pikes came and seranaded us-- naked! Unfortunately, we couldn't go upstairs, but had some alums helping us who described it all to us! We were only sorry to miss it. *grin* All they were wearing was their baseball caps*LOL* Now that I think about it, I can think of several times where the frat boys were naked on Greek hill... *LOL*
What is it with fraternity boys and clothing? They seem to have a natural aversion to it. I can remember going over to a house where a bunch of my guy friends live..it could be 3 in the afternoon on a tuesday, and there's someone (sometimes even an alumn) sitting their in their underwear. So weird.

sageofages 07-10-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by summer_gphib
Our entire chapter was downstairs voting, and the Pikes came and seranaded us-- naked! Unfortunately, we couldn't go upstairs, but had some alums helping us who described it all to us! We were only sorry to miss it. *grin* All they were wearing was their baseball caps*LOL* Now that I think about it, I can think of several times where the frat boys were naked on Greek hill... *LOL*
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
What is it with fraternity boys and clothing? They seem to have a natural aversion to it. I can remember going over to a house where a bunch of my guy friends live..it could be 3 in the afternoon on a tuesday, and there's someone (sometimes even an alumn) sitting their in their underwear. So weird.
I got news for you....it is A GUY THING!

As the mother of three sons still at home, I can't tell you the number of times I will come home and there are all 4 of the males in my house (sons and Mr Sageofages) sitting around watching the tube in their fotls!!!

"Get your clothes on! Geezzz"

They all look at me like I just asked them to put on full metal armor!

ADqtPiMel 07-10-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ForeverDiamond
Oh, do I ever!

It all started with this PNM who came through formal recruitment my senior year... First she really wanted to be in the other sorority on campus. Then after recruitment was over, she decided she wanted to be one of us and started coming to all our COR events. She didn't get a bid. Then, after the school year was over, she turned up here on good ol' Greek Chat badmouthing both my chapter and the other chapter on campus! I mean, all sorts of stuff that made it sound like we were breaking all these rules, and that we were horrible people... but she said she still liked us! She made a bunch of people mad on here, so she went away for a while... but there's obviously not much to do in her area of the province over the summer 'cause pretty much a year to the day later, she's back! We sure do have some fun times at BU...

Ohhhhhhhh snap.

christiangirl 07-11-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sageofages
I got news for you....it is A GUY THING!
Not really. I have several girlfriends who like to walk around naked when home alone, especially when it's hot. Something "freeing" about it.

carnation 07-11-2005 07:16 AM

:D Okay, now back to our topic......

TxGirl 07-12-2005 09:20 PM

The naked guy story made me remember my own naked guy story from last year. We were finishing lists up for the night and we hear someone yelling outside the house. I look through the blinds and theirs a guy outside in boots holding a cowboy hat to cover the twig and berries. Of course everyone has to go up on the balcony to check this out. He's calling for someone to let him in, ringing the doorbell etc. Then he decides to put his hat on his head! He asked if we liked what we saw. Of course my women had to tell him that they couldn't see anything b/c it was so small. He and his friends took off a few minutes later.

Needless to say, our list was a little late that night, but we gave the PH women a good laugh!

Unregistered- 07-12-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ForeverDiamond
Oh, do I ever!

It all started with this PNM who came through formal recruitment my senior year... First she really wanted to be in the other sorority on campus. Then after recruitment was over, she decided she wanted to be one of us and started coming to all our COR events. She didn't get a bid. Then, after the school year was over, she turned up here on good ol' Greek Chat badmouthing both my chapter and the other chapter on campus! I mean, all sorts of stuff that made it sound like we were breaking all these rules, and that we were horrible people... but she said she still liked us! She made a bunch of people mad on here, so she went away for a while... but there's obviously not much to do in her area of the province over the summer 'cause pretty much a year to the day later, she's back (under a different name, of course)! We sure do have some fun times at BU...

Sounds like the girl who constantly harassed me and the other chapter sisters via AIM and Yahoo and MSN. Over and over again it was nothing but "When am I gonna get my bid?" and then when she didn't it was nothing but "HOW COME I DIDN'T GET A BID?????"

After a while, it was pretty obvious to everyone EXCEPT HER that she didn't get a bid from ANYONE on the campus because SHE'S A FREAKING PSYCHO!

PhoenixAzul 07-14-2005 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lilsunshine214
While I was going through informal with Phi Gam, I asked of one the sisters "Can you change your colors?! Coral is so... eighties!" She was like "I know, but I think our alum would be really upset if we did."

Later on that wonderful woman became my Big Sis! She still teases me sometimes and says "I thought you hated coral!"

That's almost as bad as my "owls are a death omen" comment.

Rio_Kohitsuji 07-19-2005 10:57 PM

*sighs*

I came in contact w/a crazy pre-Rusher just last week. :(

Okay, at Freshman Orientation we're all allowed to have boothes out to talk to freshman and parents, you know, the usual. Well, we had this one girl come over, and wanted to know how she could join one of these "things":rolleyes: . As I was explaining the process she kept on looking other directions and was basically ignoring me. Well, to make matters even BETTER, one of our Lil Bro's Will came over as he was finishing up a cigarette. This chick went NUTS. She was SCREAMING at him about all the "evils" of smoking, basically think of all of those damn militaristic-orange-band-wearer-anti-smoking-people and she'd be their damn love child. We're all like :eek: while she was behaving like this, completely embarassing herself. She did give us her e-mail, in which my little and I promptly crumpled infront of her.

Oh yeah, we are allowed to be mean. ;)

Listen kids, don't be to militaristic and try to preach socitial evils at Rush, I beg you!

roqueemae 07-20-2005 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FSUZeta
there was a fraternity house directly across the street from my sorority house when i was in school. we must have been an unending source of entertainment for them , first during work week and then during recruitment. this is back in the day of yard dances . we practiced and coordinated our exits from both pairs of french doors and the double front door, sashaying across the lawn while singing a song of welcome. we would run through the songs(different songs and dances for each day) and dances until we were ready to scream. we were taking a break just sitting in our spots when out of their front door came the sigma chis, perfectly imitating us in song and dance. it was a scream!!


I LOVE this!

DeltaEtaKP 07-20-2005 01:26 PM

Last year, we were practicing our door songs before the rest of the campus came back from Christmas, and we didn't know, but there were all these prospective students on campus that day, and when we flung the doors open and started singer, there were these parents that just turned around and stared at us like we were the most psycho people in the world. We just kept singing. It was pretty funny.

honeychile 07-20-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DeltaEtaKP
Last year, we were practicing our door songs before the rest of the campus came back from Christmas, and we didn't know, but there were all these prospective students on campus that day, and when we flung the doors open and started singer, there were these parents that just turned around and stared at us like we were the most psycho people in the world. We just kept singing. It was pretty funny.
That sounds hilarious!

tunatartare 07-20-2005 01:56 PM

We do this thing at our pref that involves candles. At our pref, the PNM's actually come into the room before the sisters do. Since we don't have Greek housing at my school, recruitment and prefs are done in the Student Center. One year as we were getting ready to go into the room, we saw a tour group going through the Student Center. We were like praying that they wouldn't see us. Of course no such luck. As they're walking past us, you see the parents and prospective students all shocked at the sight of about 20 girls all dressed in all black and holding candles. Right as they passed us, we heard the tour guide going to the group "and in case anyone was wondering about Greek Life at Marist..."

axidgl 07-26-2005 07:56 PM

During recruitment, the AXiD ladies would flip the lights every 5 minutes. This happened about three times, and I really didn't know what was going on, so when my rusher asked me if I had any questions, I asked, "Yeah, why do these lights keep going on and off? It's really starting to freak me out." Little naive me, thought it was a power outtage. Turns out, it was the signal to move on to the next "station." Gah, I was such an idiot.... They liked me anyways, and I got a bid, thank goodness!!:D

ADPiZXalum 07-26-2005 08:23 PM

Part of our decorations fell one year, not so bad until it hit a PNM in the head. :o SOooooooooooooooooo bad, on soooooooo many levels.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.