GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Indiana University Recruitment 2019 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=245665)

phoenix16 01-01-2019 08:40 PM

Indiana University Recruitment 2019

It's that time of year again! Pop your popcorn and get your wine, IU recruitment is about to begin!

IU Recruitment Schedule from PHA website:

Wednesday, January 2, 2019: PNM Orientation @ 7pm

Thursday, January 3-Friday, January 4, 2019: Open Invite (22 chapters)

Saturday, January 5-Sunday, January 6, 2019: Philanthropy and Service Round (up to 16 chapters)

Monday, January 7-Thursday, January 10, 2019: Break for the first week of classes

Friday, January 11-Saturday, January 12, 2019: Sisterhood Round (up to 9 chapters)

Sunday, January 13, 2019: Preference Round (up to 3 chapters)

Tuesday, January 15, 2019: BID NIGHT!!!

I noticed that Open Invite has been changed from the 2 and a half day format of the last two years to the 2 day format of years prior to 2017. Additionally, it looks like the number of chapters PNMs can return to at preference was changed back to 3 after only one year.

One change I've heard rumors of is that banging on the doors and windows is no longer being allowed due to the damage caused. I imagine other noise like yelling is still okay.

Good luck to all of the PNMs and parents preparing for the process!

PGD-GRAD 01-01-2019 09:08 PM

We have several friends whose daughters are returning early to Bloomington as active members of their chapters. Any idea how many PNMs are signed up this year? And how does that compare to years past? I know IU’s enrollment continues to grow slightly, so I’m wondering if that translates to more rushees.

Blue2 01-01-2019 10:59 PM

22 parties? Does this mean that ZTA is back?

IndianaSigKap 01-01-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue2 (Post 2463427)
22 parties? Does this mean that ZTA is back?

ZTA never left. There were 23 chapters until Tri Delta closed in 2016.

BBH 01-02-2019 07:29 AM

My D is heading back this morning to get ready. So glad that I'm on the other side of things this year. Good luck to all the PNM's getting ready to go through the next two weeks.

A good friend of hers who dropped last year is going through again this year as a Sophomore so we are hoping things work out for her this year.

My D said she thought that the numbers were similar to what they've been the past two years. I don't know that there would be any real wild swing in the numbers at IU based on the size of the school and enrollment stats.

ForeverRoses 01-02-2019 09:11 AM

the banging on doors/walls isn't banned, it's just suggested that they don't do it. It's not a recruitment infraction if they still chose to bang.

phoenix16 01-02-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoses (Post 2463432)
the banging on doors/walls isn't banned, it's just suggested that they don't do it. It's not a recruitment infraction if they still chose to bang.

Thank you for the clarification! I'm glad to hear this, as door stacks and making as much noise as humanly possible was so much fun.

ForeverRoses 01-03-2019 08:47 AM

recruitment has officially started... good luck to everyone on both sides. at least the weather should be okay (no rain or snow predicted, temps in the 40s)

GreekOne 01-03-2019 09:42 AM

This is my daughter's first year on the other side so it should be exciting to see her perspective. So thankful that the weather is mild as last year was tough! Best wishes to all for a wonderfully successful process.

IowaPiPhi 01-03-2019 10:29 AM

Brought my daughter back yesterday for her first year on the other side. They also switched rooms yesterday, which seemed crazy to me to be doing that on the day before recruitment. I don’t know how they have everything ready on time, but they do it every year.

My daughter has a few friends going through as sophomores, so I’m crossing my fingers that they have a happy outcome this year. Best wishes to all!

lyrespearls 01-03-2019 12:41 PM

Ditto on the other side as well - happy thoughts for all the PNM's (and their moms!) as they find their new homes!

Sister Havana 01-03-2019 09:44 PM

The IU threads the last couple years have been full of happy endings for PNMs and moms. Let's hope that trend continues!

clayton117 01-04-2019 09:04 AM

My D had fun day one and liked a few houses that weren't on her radar going in. She has tried to go in without a lot of expectation and "trust the process". I expect she will have a similar experience today. These days are grueling in length, but at least the weather hasn't been a factor as well. I expect things will start getting "Real" when making that first list at the end of today and when they get their first cuts back. I am hoping for minimal tears and an end that feels "good" and like "home". My D is so excited to expand and deepen her friend pool. Thankfully it looks like there are many houses my D could find that in. Wishing strength to all the mamas on this ride with their kiddos.

BBH 01-04-2019 09:49 AM

Yes this first round is generally still happy thoughts. Its when they get their first cut list where the drama starts to come into play. Most will get back between 6-9 for round 2. Sure there are some that get full list but those are not in the majority. Round 2 was very hard for my D last year but her favorite house from the beginning was always there. Looking back she was somewhat grateful as she was able to rest and by round 3 all her friends were down to where she was but at the time it hurt. By round 3, most people that stick it through are in roughly the same shape.

My D said she enjoyed her first rush being on the other side. She said she met a lot of really nice girls and saw some she knew from HS and was looking forward to meeting more girls today.

clayton117 01-04-2019 10:01 AM

@BBH I am sure it is fun and enlightening to be on the other side with your D and get a peek behind the curtain. Good observations on the cuts. I am hoping my D can be level headed! She didn't have a strong favorite going in or a legacy situation so she is pretty open minded.just hoping for cool heads to prevail.

Yesterday I had fun opening Find Friends off and on and seeing her location progress around campus. It was entertaining.