GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Binge Worthy Shows-- What to Watch (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246228)

summer_gphib 06-03-2019 09:21 PM

Binge Worthy Shows-- What to Watch

I did a search and didn't see a thread on what everyone is binge watching... so I'll go first:
Poldark. I'm completely obsessed. What are you watching?

PKT4LIFE 06-03-2019 09:27 PM

Golden Girls....

wsucalsigmakapp 06-03-2019 09:45 PM

Haven’t found anything new to watch this summer, my last day teaching for the year was Friday. Last year I watched Safe and Sherlock on Netflix and enjoyed them both.

Jen 06-03-2019 11:02 PM

E has repeats of Baywatch so I've been binging that and it's HILARIOUS. I never realized how melodramatic the show was ... maybe all early 90s shows were like that so I never noticed?

And there's at least 2 extremely dorky music montages per episode.

ChioLu 06-04-2019 10:16 AM

“Younger”. So binge-worthy.

The thing I hate about it is that it’s only 30 minutes and you leave wanting more every time.

PGD-GRAD 06-04-2019 10:49 AM

“The Good Fight”—It’s a really well-acted, engrossing legal/political series starring Christine Baranski and an amazing supporting cast. It’s a take-off on “The Good Wife” from a few years ago.
The complete replayed last season will begin on CBS in a week or so—check it out!

IndianaSigKap 06-04-2019 08:22 PM

I have been on a major binge while doing end of year grading, etc. Lucifer, What/If, The Man in High Castle, Riverdale. My tastes are all over the place. :-D

Cheerio 06-04-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD (Post 2466790)
“The Good Fight”—It’s a really well-acted, engrossing legal/political series starring Christine Baranski and an amazing supporting cast. It’s a take-off on “The Good Wife” from a few years ago.
The complete replayed last season will begin on CBS in a week or so—check it out!

I've recently been glued to the late-night reruns of "The Good Wife" (I worked nights for awhile and never saw the original run), so your summer viewing suggestion will be on my radar!

LaneSig 06-04-2019 10:10 PM

During summer, when school is out, I binge watch past seasons of "The Amazing Race" and "Top Chef" that I haven't seen.

I don't have cable, just Netflix, Hulu, and AmazonPrime. Instead of binge watching shows, I set up my own schedule and watch specific shows on specific nights. When the season I'm watching ends, I go on to another show and then come back to the next season of the original show. I know, it's weird. But, I didn't want to blast through a show and not have something to watch.

My current shows are:
"Imposters" season 2
"Sex Education"
"Black Earth Rising"
"Damages" season 3
"The Unforgotten" season 1
"My Little Baby" - a Korean dramedy that's actually pretty good
"Episodes" season 3
"Lucifer" season 1

Xidelt 06-04-2019 10:35 PM

If you like true crime, the Innocent Man and the Madeleine McCann series on Netflix are excellent. I also enjoyed Zac Efron as Ted Bundy in Shockingly Vile.

ASTalumna06 06-05-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xidelt (Post 2466811)
If you like true crime, the Innocent Man and the Madeleine McCann series on Netflix are excellent. I also enjoyed Zac Efron as Ted Bundy in Shockingly Vile.

I basically only watch documentaries and docuseries. I have a hard time binge watching anything, so I roll through them at a slow pace. Having said that...

I just finished 'The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann', and I'm not sure that I'd recommend it as some riveting, must-see docuseries, but at the same time, the not knowing is heartbreaking and how this unraveled is frustrating. Btw, I kind of can't stand Detective Goncalo Amaral.

I actually just watched 'Bowling for Columbine' this past weekend for the first time, which I almost feel is probably more eye-opening nearly 18 years and many mass shootings and terrorist attacks later.

I don't believe it's on Netflix anymore, but if you like quirky, light-hearted documentaries, try and find 'The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young'. I didn't even know this race existed until I saw this on Netflix, and the story, challenge, and overall absurdity of it all drew me in.

Sciencewoman 06-05-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summer_gphib (Post 2466781)
I did a search and didn't see a thread on what everyone is binge watching... so I'll go first:
Poldark. I'm completely obsessed. What are you watching?

Love Poldark!!

Titchou 06-05-2019 06:16 PM

Bosch on Prime and Grace & Frankie on Netflix

PhilTau 06-05-2019 06:41 PM

Here is my favorites list:

"Barry" - with Bill Hader

"Ray Donovan" - with Liev Schreiber

"Outlander"

And perhaps the best binge watching series ever:

"Shameless" with William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum.

"Weeds" with Mary-Louise Parker, a close second place

DoeofDenmark 06-05-2019 07:00 PM

Call the Midwife, Poldark, Outlander, Downtown Abbey.
Anything British and then some Danish shows!