GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   rush sponsorship (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=97197)

AEPi4Life 06-19-2008 01:39 PM

rush sponsorship

i read somewhere that a house got themselves sponsored by a beer company. my house is off campus so we have no IFC regulations, but how would one go about setting this up? is this really possible? would a company like Natty really be willing to sponsor a rush??

33girl 06-19-2008 01:41 PM

Even if you have no IFC regulations, your HQ might not allow it. I would check the rules with them first.

AEPi4Life 06-19-2008 01:45 PM

how about w just a regular company, like a pizzeria.. how would one go about setting that up? i can offer them putting their name all over our fliers and around our house, but what else? how much should i ask for? any help is much appreciated

knight_shadow 06-19-2008 01:52 PM

I've never heard about rush being sponsored (do you mean a rush party/event or an entire rush week?), but my organization has gotten sponsors for our service events. Basically, you'd ask them to donate in exchange for getting their name out (could be on a banner, a flier, a program, etc). As far as price, it would depend on what you're giving them. If you have a program, for example, you could charge, say, $200 for a full page ad. Just make your prices reasonable. I haven't seen too many companies donate to non-philanthropic causes, so I'm not sure how this would work in your case.

AlphaXi_Husky 06-19-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEPi4Life (Post 1670358)
how about w just a regular company, like a pizzeria.. how would one go about setting that up? i can offer them putting their name all over our fliers and around our house, but what else? how much should i ask for? any help is much appreciated

Some chapters at UW (Washington) have sponsorships with energy drink companies. There was an article in the school newspaper here that may help give you some direction.

CrackerBarrel 06-19-2008 03:30 PM

Rush at some schools is partly sponsored by pizza companies. In exchange for putting their name and logo at the bottom of your banner they (generally) pay for the banner and provide pizza as the snack one night of rush.

Elephant Walk 06-19-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel (Post 1670420)
Rush at some schools is partly sponsored by pizza companies. In exchange for putting their name and logo at the bottom of your banner they (generally) pay for the banner and provide pizza as the snack one night of rush.

Really? Where is this common in the South?

Sometimes liqour stores will provide us with signs and a bunch of random shit, but not booze.

Hamburglar 06-19-2008 05:37 PM

AEPi4Life, you and I both know we can't have a sponsorship with a liquor company.

With regard to food sponsorship, just go/call the place and ask to speak to the manager. Tell him that you'd like to work out some sort of sponsorship deal. Maybe it's free food for an event in exchange for putting his logo on your rush shirts, or maybe brothers poster ads for the place in exchange for a discount for wearing their letters. I can't tell you what to ask for, it all depends on the situation.

PhiGam 06-19-2008 06:14 PM

Don't do it, it would look really cheap to have logos all over your rush. Having a sponsored party would be acceptable though IMO.

CrackerBarrel 06-20-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephant Walk (Post 1670450)
Really? Where is this common in the South?

Sometimes liqour stores will provide us with signs and a bunch of random shit, but not booze.

I visited Florida during the week before rush one year and every house had a Domino's (I think, it may have been Hungry Howie's) logo at the bottom of their rush banner. I asked why and that was the explanation I got.

RU OX Alum 06-20-2008 04:28 PM

I wish that our rush was sponsered. That would have made things so much easier. Thankfully/luckily we had a couple of brothers that worked at a restaurant and got us some discounts on platters. I think we got one for free and two for half price in exchange for passing out menus in the packets on move in day or something like that. It was years ago.

Elephant Walk 06-20-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel (Post 1670830)
I visited Florida during the week before rush one year and every house had a Domino's (I think, it may have been Hungry Howie's) logo at the bottom of their rush banner. I asked why and that was the explanation I got.

For Pizza?

I mean, pizza's cheap you know. Alot of houses here serve sushi and steak for rushees. (Rush is structured differently)

CrackerBarrel 06-20-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephant Walk (Post 1670856)
For Pizza?

I mean, pizza's cheap you know. Alot of houses here serve sushi and steak for rushees. (Rush is structured differently)

They did have a lot better food for dinner, they just had some sort of food ordered in as snacks during their mixers (Outback, pizza, etc.)

We don't do the sponsorship thing here either, but it was every single house at UF, so I don't know if their IFC negotiated it or what.

nate2512 06-21-2008 12:56 AM

One of our alum owns a pizza place, we have pizza all the damn time.

SycamorePike 07-26-2008 12:52 AM

Indiana State Pikes are sponsored by Monster energy drink. We get about twenty cases a month (600 cans). It goes over very well for Rush and social events. Everyone is pretty jumpy and hopped up on Monster and it keeps everyone alive and well.