GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   The "Carnation Twin" thread continued... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=21987)

carnation 08-12-2002 11:36 PM

The "Carnation Twin" thread continued...

The girls called and they had tons of fun today! They met so many friendly members and laughed and listened and totally enjoyed themselves!

Tomorrow they go back to 5 parties...both will return to:

ADPi, AGD, ChiO, KD, and Phi Mu!

(alphabetical order; I don't know what order they ranked them in)

I wish I could be a fly on the wall! Oooo, I can't wait!:) :) :)

UF56 08-12-2002 11:40 PM

Just out of curiosity are they deciding where to go back together or each on their own? Just wondering since both are going back to the same places. Also do the PNM's just choose there or have they already gotten their invites back that quicK? Sorry about all the questions....wishing them good luck in my prayers!!! :D :D

ilovemyglo 08-12-2002 11:41 PM

I hope that they have a blast, although I have to admit, I am a little partial.. haha!
Tell them to have a ball and I am sure any sorority that gets these two is lucky!
Sarah

ZTABullwinkle 08-12-2002 11:42 PM

No ZTA? Oh well, they will be an assett wherever they end up. ;) I have been checking Greekchat so often today, I think I am addicted. Good luck to your daughters!! On to the next day...

How are you doing Carnation? Holding up okay? :D

DeltaBetaAGD 08-12-2002 11:42 PM

I'm addicted now!

I cannot wait to check this thread everyday now.... I am sooo excited to hear where they end up!

I have to add that I am *thrilled* that they are going back to AGD!!!:D

phimugirlie01 08-12-2002 11:54 PM

I am so excited for them! I'm glad they are going back to Phi Mu, though I'm a little biased:D . I'm sure any chapter would be lucky to have them, and I hope they find the place that's right for them!

GPhiSweetiePie 08-12-2002 11:56 PM

Oh my word, the suspense!!! I'm bouncing off the walls, I can't wait to find out where the twins end up! LOL, poor Carnation, how are you going to get any sleep this week? I hope the girls are having a blast. Keep us all posted!

carnation 08-13-2002 12:04 AM

Thank you for being so excited for my girls and the other PNMs of Greekchat--I hope so much that everyone has a wonderful rush!

The girls are doing much better than I am. They're loving every minute! I, however, am at home (because the college where I teach hasn't started yet) with a wild two-year-old who would prefer that I not get on the computer!

I don't know if they were together when they got their results (that was early this evening and then they went right to a movie with the Gamma Chis) but they aren't in the same rush groups. I cannot wait until Friday. Somebody give me serious tranquilizers. Even my husband, a non-Greek, said, "Crap! Now you have me addicted not only to their rush but now the rushes of all the local kids we know!" (UGa is in the middle of rush too and some of the local boys have already gotten fraternity bids!)

greeklawgirl 08-13-2002 12:21 AM

YAY, girls!!!! :D :D :D

(I haven't been feeling well this evening and I've been lying down all night. This thread is the ONLY reason I've gotten my behind out of bed! Now that I know that they've enjoyed themselves AND are returning to AGD, I can sleep peacefully!)

Can't wait for tomorrow!

ChiOJenn78 08-13-2002 12:30 AM

Woo Hoo!! I was checking all day long to see what happened!! Congrats to your girls so far, all are excellent orgs-Chi O especially ;)

I was curious though-are these whom they picked to go back to, or are these the houses they were invited back to?

James 08-13-2002 12:52 AM

Just for my benefit could we review the schedule/procedures for formal Rush at this college? I think there are some others that might be interested also . . .

Like is tomorrow Prefs?

Do they pick which houses to go back to? How many can they pick? Or is it invites? How many PNM's can they invite back etc . .

Sorry for so many questions . . just trying to get into the process.

Good Luck to the girls:) . . but how can a house say no? At least some of them have to be aware of GC by now and probably this thread . . . and the thousands of Greeks rooting for the girls . . . talk about pressure lol.

Thank you Carnation for starting another Thread ;)

AlphaGam1019 08-13-2002 01:03 AM

FYI

Women's Recruitment 2002
Schedule of Events

Sunday, August 11, 2002
6:00 p.m. Recruitment Kick-Off
Whitehead Auditorium

Monday, August 12, 2002
Philanthropy Day - Six Parties
10:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
West Hall

Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Sisterhood Day - Five Parties
10:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
West Hall

Dinner and Philanthropy Fun
5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Wednesday, August 14, 2002
Skit Day - Three Parties
11:00 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
West Hall

Thursday, August 15, 2002
Preference Day - Two Parties
5:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
West Hall

Friday, August 16, 2002
BID DAY!!!!
11:00 a.m.
Front Lawn

-----------------------------------------

okay, this is basicly what happens (correct me if I'm wrong)

sororities make their cuts, turn in their lists....

PNM's look at who invited them back and from there, they made whatever cuts (or not)

For example....

Suzy found out she got invited back to all 6 sororities for the next day. Since the next day you can only go to 5 parities, Suzy has to decide which one (or more if she wishes) she wants to cut. If Suzy has 5 or less invites, she can decide to accept all or cut.

James 08-13-2002 01:13 AM

Thank you Alphagam1019:) . . .

So there is a kind of matching even before prefs? How do they determine how many PNM's each sorority can invite back to the parties pre-pref?

amycat412 08-13-2002 02:23 AM

ACK!!! i'm gonna be in Hawaii on Friday and won't find out until the 23rd what happens!!!! OH NOOOOO! ha ha

Oh well--surf the north shore with boyfriend or hang out on GC... hmmmm... where's the surfboard? ha ha

seriously, BEST OF LUCK to the twins!!! I am so happy they are going back to Chi O!!!!

:)
Amy

squirrely girl 08-13-2002 07:53 AM

okay, meant to post this here instead of the other one...

you know if the either of the twins end up AGD they'll get gifts sent their way...heh heh. i'd love to have them as sisters. but i'm not pushing. ::SMILES:: yeah! hope they enjoy today!

marissa