GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Kappa Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Music/ Releases (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=43141)

AKA2D '91 12-02-2003 01:42 PM

New Music/ Releases

continue

Ideal08 12-02-2003 01:57 PM

I got Missy's and Tim's. On Missy's, my favorite track is #7 (I think), the one with her and Rra. On Tim's, my favorite is Indian Flute. Do they play that in the club or on the radio or something? It sounded familiar. #6 gets an honorable mention because I love how the song ends. Cool road trip CDs. I guess I'll be buying Alicia Keys tomorrow.

AKA2D '91 12-02-2003 02:02 PM

I purchased the Black Album yesterday. I haven't listened, yet. I also purchased Luther Live.

I'll get Keyes, OutKast, Missy and Tim soon (probably by the weekend). :D

1savvydiva 12-02-2003 07:35 PM

Okay, what do ya'll think of Glen Lewis's new song...the video is playing on BET right now?

AKA2D '91 12-02-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AKA2D '91
I purchased the Black Album yesterday. I haven't listened, yet. I also purchased Luther Live.

I'll get Keyes, OutKast, Missy and Tim soon (probably by the weekend). :D

Today, I bought Alicia and Dwele and Nelly's Derty Versions (shhhhh!)

Erratic 12-03-2003 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1savvydiva
Okay, what do ya'll think of Glen Lewis's new song...the video is playing on BET right now?
I love it!! I think it's got a really nice vibe to it. I dunno about all them tattoos on Ms.Video Chick, but I love Glenn Lewis. I'll probably get his new CD.

ErrATiC

Mz Destiny 12-03-2003 06:50 PM

For those who love Gospel....

3 words...KAREN CLARK-SHEARD!!! "The Heavens Are Telling" is her best project to date! Listen out for her 16-year old daughter, Kierra. She's dropping her project sometime next year on EMI Gospel.

This project is part live/part studio. The live session has a heavy Praise & Worship feel. The studio session is very contemporary, and even features a track with Missy. They do a BANGIN" remake of "He Loves Me" by Jill Scott. Woooo Weeeeee!!!

Go check it out...

desirethegreat1 12-04-2003 04:02 AM

Musiq's "Soulstar" is to be released on tuesday Dec. 9th. I can't wait. I also noticed that Carl Thomas has a new video...does anyone know when his album is coming out? It is different to hear someone singing with Carl (LL Cool J was in the video) because on his first CD no one else sang on it. I really like his music he needs to hurry up with the new stuff!:D

NUPE4LIFE 12-04-2003 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AKA2D '91
Today, I bought Alicia and Dwele and Nelly's Derty Versions (shhhhh!)

Oh no! You bought the Derrty Versions? Say it ain't so! But that Keyes and the Black album are in heavy rotation in my CD player right now.

AKA2D '91 12-04-2003 11:52 AM

Heyyyyyyy! That 'Pimp Juice' remix is kind of tight! It features Ron Isley and has a jazzy feel to it. I'm not dissappointed that I bought it. :p

DaddyzLilGrl 12-04-2003 02:19 PM

I loveeeee the alicia Keys video for "you don't know my name!" Mos Def has always had a certain somethin' somethin' to me and this video just does it for me! He only spoke two lines really and still gave of a good vibe (as always). Oh yeah the cd is hot too.

librasoul22 12-05-2003 01:18 PM

A. Keys

Okay, I LOVE this album. I think it is better than her first. The only song I skip over is number 3, Heartburn. What was Timbaland thinking?

Anyway, my FAVES are:

If I Ain't Got You <---- MY FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW
Diary
Slow Down

Those are the ones I play first when I put in the CD. A. Keys did it this time though!!! :D

Next week is Kelis and Musiq.

nikki1920 12-05-2003 01:31 PM

Ok, I"m SLOW.. lol
I just bought Outkast as an early present. I havent stopped playing The Love Below since Monday. :)

Im planning on getting A. Keys, Jay-Z, Missy and Timbaland..

delph998 12-05-2003 03:30 PM

Re: For those who love Gospel....

Quote:

Originally posted by Mz Destiny
3 words...KAREN CLARK-SHEARD!!! "The Heavens Are Telling" is her best project to date! Listen out for her 16-year old daughter, Kierra. She's dropping her project sometime next year on EMI Gospel.

This project is part live/part studio. The live session has a heavy Praise & Worship feel. The studio session is very contemporary, and even features a track with Missy. They do a BANGIN" remake of "He Loves Me" by Jill Scott. Woooo Weeeeee!!!

Go check it out...

Definitely girl! I bought it two weeks ago, when it dropped. I've played it death!! I love it the entire cd.

delph998 12-05-2003 03:37 PM

I bought Dwele's cd last week and I love it! Very neo-soul!

Musiq's cd drops next Tuesday along with Avant and Ruben from American Idol. Let's support our people!

I love Carl Thomas' new song! I heard his cd drops in January. I also love Glen Lewis' single.