GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   finding your letters somewhere you didn't expect (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=21716)

irishpipes 08-07-2006 08:27 AM

Yesterday on A&E's "Flip This House" they were on campus at Clemson. A real estate developer's niece was an ADII there, and her friends needed a place to live since they didn't have a sorority house. So, he renovated 4 condominium complexes and let the ADIIs occupy one of them as a "sorority house" of sorts. They showed the inside of the ADII dorm a few times.

The developer was a Sigma Nu alumnus. They showed him walking through the SN house. He found himself on a 1984 composite. He also made a $100,000 donation to Clemson in order to get a luxury box at Death Valley.

chrini 08-08-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preciousjeni
I meant to post this before - not sure if it's been mentioned. On the Today Show, yesterday or the day before, these couples were starting out a competitive game to have their wedding paid for or something like that. As the camera panned to one of the couples, the man threw up a hook. And I smiled. LOL!

My friend Eric, the contestant from Houston, is an Omega, I noticed him doing that too.

honeychile 08-08-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishpipes
Yesterday on A&E's "Flip This House" they were on campus at Clemson. A real estate developer's niece was an ADII there, and her friends needed a place to live since they didn't have a sorority house. So, he renovated 4 condominium complexes and let the ADIIs occupy one of them as a "sorority house" of sorts. They showed the inside of the ADII dorm a few times.

The developer was a Sigma Nu alumnus. They showed him walking through the SN house. He found himself on a 1984 composite. He also made a $100,000 donation to Clemson in order to get a luxury box at Death Valley.

Wow! I hope they show it again, cause I missed it. I was so shocked to hear that Clemson doesn't have sorority houses! I guess I just assumed they would, since their system is so huge.

hannahgirl 08-08-2006 11:08 PM

Went to Cedar Point on Sunday and saw a guy with TKE letters on. I also ran into last year's DG chapter Prez from Kent while waiting in line for a ride.

PhoenixAzul 08-08-2006 11:13 PM

I helped a pair of Pi Phi's pick out curtains at Ikea tonight.

AUDeltaGam 08-09-2006 10:39 AM

When I was in Nashville a few weeks ago, I saw the Alpha Omicron Pi headquarters :)

AGDem 08-09-2006 03:46 PM

Yesterday I saw a car with a KKG sticker and today I saw one with an Alpha Phi sticker.

KAY10 08-13-2006 02:48 AM

A Different World

I enjoyed seeing my Frat in the background on A Different World T.V. show.

DSTRen13 08-13-2006 10:27 AM

Roadtripping this past week up and down the East Coast, we saw cars with Delta Sigma Theta letters, Sigma Alpha Iota letters, and Sigma Kappa letters on cars. Also drove past a slew of letters on fraternity and sorority houses at UGA dropping off my sister this weekend, but I don't remember what all they were ...

achio_kerryann 08-13-2006 03:02 PM

haha wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstAndFinest
Last week I saw a woman driving a jeep with Maryland vanity plates that read "PHI MU". I was very excited (the whole Macon Magnolia thing) but either she didn't notice my ADPi euro-style magnet or didn't get it or just didnt' care... I choose to believe she just didn't notice. ;)

i saw the same car on route 18 a few months ago!

ihearttrisigma 08-13-2006 06:12 PM

In West Chester, PA:

Gamma Sigma Sigma from Penn State
Alpha Sigma Tau from West Chester

jitterbug13 08-13-2006 06:39 PM

Today I was watching Food Network (as always) and was looking "Throwdown w/ Bobby Flay". There was an Omega with his shirt on and he was throwing up the hooks! :D :D

Steeltrap 08-14-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221
LMAO i agree! i've only seen an iota once or twice. maybe im in the wrong place at the wrong time...?

When I was in L.A. in June, I saw 13 Iotas at an NPHC party. TThat's the first time that I've seen a sizable group of them.

BWMKappaSig 08-16-2006 11:22 AM

Found letters spray painted on a barn about 2 miles from my house saying "Kappa Sigma, Fall 94." Definitely made me laugh.

Found them spraypainted about ten feet big, on the side of a cliff, about 15 feet below the edge, and at least 100 feet above the drop. How they got there, I'm not sure. This was in New Hampshire, somewhere near Mt. Washington.

jon1856 08-16-2006 08:55 PM

Today while walking though the AT&T's HQ parking lot, in White Plains NY, saw side by side AKA and Kappa Alpha Psi plate holders.