GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Cooking Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=145328)

melly1 01-12-2015 11:38 PM

Cooking Recruitment

Hi everyone!! I'm going through recruitment starting this weekend and I can't wait for it all to happen and to share my story with you guys!

Since I love cooking I'm going to name the sororities after cooking shows:
Master Chef
Chopped
Hell's Kitchen
Top Chef
Cake Boss
Rachael Ray
Cupcake Wars
Come Dine With Me
Cutthroat Kitchen
America's Test Kitchen
Iron Chef
Holiday Baking Championship

I must admit since we had to wait a semester to rush I've already seen a lot of girls around campus and met some girls in my classes, so I'm biased towards Chopped, Cupcake Wars, and Top Chef, but that might change!

Thanks for reading!!

AZTheta 01-12-2015 11:46 PM

Good luck to you! And - how about you write up your story and save it in a word document, and then post it AFTER you finish recruitment?

Have FUN and hope you find a home.

aephi alum 01-13-2015 09:36 PM

Good luck!

I reiterate what AZTheta said. Please post your story, but please wait until after your recruitment has ended ... if you post as you go, and you say anything that could be construed even slightly negatively, you could jeopardize your recruitment.

melly1 01-15-2015 09:55 PM

It all starts tomorrow I'm so excited!!!

I got my Rho Gamma group and I think my Rho Gammas are in Cupcake Wars, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, and America's Test Kitchen but they obviously don't tell us until the end.

Fingers crossed all goes well!

hollyday 01-15-2015 10:16 PM

Good luck!

honeychile 01-15-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melly1 (Post 2304322)
Hi everyone!! I'm going through recruitment starting this weekend and I can't wait for it all to happen and to share my story with you guys!

Since I love cooking I'm going to name the sororities after cooking shows:
Master Chef
Chopped
Hell's Kitchen
Top Chef
Cake Boss
Rachael Ray
Cupcake Wars
Come Dine With Me
Cutthroat Kitchen
America's Test Kitchen
Iron Chef
Holiday Baking Championship

I must admit since we had to wait a semester to rush I've already seen a lot of girls around campus and met some girls in my classes, so I'm biased towards Chopped, Cupcake Wars, and Top Chef, but that might change!

Thanks for reading!!

Melly, seriously, write your updates and keep them to yourself, until after Recruitment! I am usually the very last person to guess which school a given PNM is attending, but I figured it out within seconds.

We all hope you have a great Recruitment, so discretion is the key word right now! Best of luck!

Sciencewoman 01-15-2015 10:31 PM

Good luck and have fun! Please do write it up and post right away after recruitment is done. I'm always so bummed when we caution PNMs to wait to post, and they they get so busy with their new sisterhood they don't come back to finish their story!!

melly1 01-16-2015 12:04 AM

Oh no worries I wasn't planning on posting the actual story until it's finished I'm just excited for it to start!!

rileykae 01-16-2015 01:42 AM

I'm going through at my school in about two weeks, but i'm gonna keep my mouth shut and come back and post when it's all over - I'm going in with an open mind and I'm hoping everything works out.

KDCat 01-16-2015 09:16 AM

Thanks to both of you for telling us your story. I really enjoy recruitment stories, but wouldn't want it to have a bad effect on your outcome!

Good luck you guys!

33girl 01-16-2015 12:29 PM

Just word vomit it all out in private (best of all, in a paper journal, so you don't accidentally push the wrong button and post) while it's happening. Then come back and share. :)

ladybug12 01-24-2015 08:32 PM

Waiting for an update!!!