GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   U of Virginia: Murder Charges in Death of a Kappa Alpha Theta Member (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=113316)

exlurker 05-03-2010 05:48 PM

U of Virginia: Murder Charges in Death of a Kappa Alpha Theta Member

Extremely sad and disturbing news: Yeardley Love, a Kappa Alpha Theta at the U of Virginia, has allegedly been murdered. My condolences to her family, her Theta sisters, and her friends and teammates. Aanother U of Virginia student has been jailed on murder charges, as reported on an ABC news site:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/uni...ry?id=10541735

Excerpt:
A University of Virginia varsity lacrosse player was jailed today on murder charges, hours after the body of a fellow player, 22-year-old varsity female starter Yeardley Love, was found in an off-campus apartment.

Police charged 22-year-old men's lacrosse player George Huguely, an anthropology major from Chevy Chase, Md., with first-degree murder, but have said little else about the alleged crime. . . .

ThetaDancer 05-03-2010 05:55 PM

Thank you for posting this, exlurker. What a horribly sad story. My prayers are with her family and friends right now.

Benzgirl 05-03-2010 05:57 PM

How sad. RIP.

Ooh La La 05-03-2010 05:57 PM

This is incredibly tragic. Both students were going to graduate in a week. What an awful way to close the school year.

ComradesTrue 05-03-2010 06:05 PM

Oh how awful! Terribly sad. Thoughts and prayers to her family, friends and Theta sisters.

AZTheta 05-03-2010 06:16 PM

Prayers of healing and deep peace for her family, for the chapter, for the student body. Senseless tragedy.

Xylochick216 05-03-2010 08:35 PM

This is so scary and sad. The Thetas at UVA are a very strong and close-knit group. It will be hard on them, for sure.

The apartment I lived in last year for grad school was next door to this one. It's been a hard year for UVA with students passing away in hiking accidents, bike accidents, etc. I think the count is up to 6 this year.

Ooh La La 05-03-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xylochick216 (Post 1924414)
This is so scary and sad. The Thetas at UVA are a very strong and close-knit group. It will be hard on them, for sure.

The apartment I lived in last year for grad school was next door to this one. It's been a hard year for UVA with students passing away in hiking accidents, bike accidents, etc. I think the count is up to 6 this year.

Not to mention the death of Morgan Harrington during a UVA visit. This year has no doubt been a tough one.

southbymidwest 05-03-2010 09:13 PM

What a terrible, senseless, stomach-churning loss of a bright and talented young woman on the brink of her next adventure (adulthood). As a parent of two young women, I cannot even begin to fathom the loss, grief and bewilderment her loved ones are dealing with. My prayers go out to them, may God give them strength, courage, and comfort to deal with the days and months ahead.

violetpretty 05-03-2010 09:24 PM

How awful. Thoughts and prayers to her family, friends, and Thetas at UVA.

ThetaPrincess24 05-03-2010 09:33 PM

Supposedly her accused murderer is a former boyfriend. Atleast that is what i read from foxnews.com earlier today. Their article didnt mention anything about being a Theta much less being greek.

This is so sad and unfortunate :(

IrishLake 05-03-2010 09:50 PM

How tragic! My thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends and sisters.

May justice be served.

honeychile 05-03-2010 10:30 PM

My sincerest sympathies to Yeardley Love's family, friends, and Theta family. As has been said, what a horrific way to end the school year.

southbymidwest 05-03-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 (Post 1924430)
Supposedly her accused murderer is a former boyfriend. Atleast that is what i read from foxnews.com earlier today. Their article didnt mention anything about being a Theta much less being greek.

This is so sad and unfortunate :(

She was a Theta and lacrosse player on the #4 ranked women's D-1 college lacrosse team (UVA) in the nation. Her alleged killer is a player on the #1 college men's D-1 lacrosse team (also UVA). Reports are that they were previously in a relationship. Regardless, so very, very sad.

Low C Sharp 05-04-2010 11:37 AM

Most women who are murdered are killed by romantic partners (current and former). We may be suffering the loss of another victim of this tragic epidemic.
________
Vapir no2