GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Children of Fury - Rashid Darden's next book (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=247016)

Jen 04-30-2020 04:22 PM

Children of Fury - Rashid Darden's next book

Greekchatter Sen's Revenge has TWO new books coming out on May 15th.

Time is an anthology of personal essays, plays, poetry, fiction and photography. I enjoyed this one SO much - you can preorder it now!

The other book is the one I really want to talk about.

Children of Fury is the third volume in the Dark Nation series. If you guys read Birth of a Dark Nation, about black vampires in America, then this book is directly related (although you don't need to have read Birth of a Dark Nation at all to read this one).

Children of Fury follows kids at alternative school who've grown up in a violent world and are gifted the power to fight an unspeakable evil through the tutelage of a mysterious teacher and his cohorts.

I had the chance to read and advance copy a few weeks ago, and I'm STILL thinking about the story today. These characters will stick with you, the story is unique and different, and the Washington, DC setting is really absorbing. I want to talk about this book with people soooo ...

The book comes out May 15th but you can pre-order either digital or paperback now on Amazon.

Let's get Sen to the top of the Amazon charts!

Sen's Revenge 04-30-2020 11:46 PM

Thank you my friend!

navane 05-01-2020 04:42 PM

Very cool! But, wait! The listing and book cover show it as "Volume III"; so, is Birth of a Dark Nation Volume I or II or ?? Sen, help us out! :)

Sen's Revenge 05-01-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navane (Post 2475142)
Very cool! But, wait! The listing and book cover show it as "Volume III"; so, is Birth of a Dark Nation Volume I or II or ?? Sen, help us out! :)

Thanks for asking!

Short answer: There is no Volume II. :)

Longer answer: I wrote about a third of Volume II, didn't like it, stopped, put one of the chapters in my anthology "Time" and decided to go in a different direction. Volume III got finished first, so I kept the numbering.

When they are all published, the volumes will be in chronological order (of the story), but you will be able to read them in whichever order you like, as they will be mostly standalone stories with 5 percent connection.

Sen's Revenge 02-26-2021 08:58 AM

Children of Fury won honorable mention in genre fiction for the North Street Book Prize. :-)

navane 02-26-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge (Post 2483586)
Children of Fury won honorable mention in genre fiction for the North Street Book Prize. :-)

Congratulations, Sen!!

Sen's Revenge 02-27-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navane (Post 2483590)
Congratulations, Sen!!

Thank you!

Benzgirl 02-27-2021 09:57 AM

Very impressive, Sen!!!

Sen's Revenge 02-27-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzgirl (Post 2483657)
Very impressive, Sen!!!

Thank you! I try! :)