GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

AXID2006 02-07-2010 04:24 PM

During a COB, I was talking to a Soph. and she was not looking at me at all during the conversation. Yes I understand its kinda scary going through recruitment so I asked her if she was ok. She replied "I'm so high right now"

Yea... she didn't get a bid.

another good one was when I was a rho gamma. One of the girls in my group had on a strawberry necklace and crown earrings. She told me "I'm only going Zeta" and I told her to checkout all the houses and she what they also have to offer. She didn't seem pleased with that answer.

Oh well, she didn't get a bid to any of the 4 sororities on campus. I think she kinda scared the Zetas by knowing so much or to much.

lovespink88 02-07-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush (Post 1894151)
True, this is ABC's legacy policy. But her aunt should also have made sure how ABC defines legacy because niece isn't one of those definitions. Sullen Snottypants had made it to prefs based on her own merits, not on her legacy status. I'm sure you can guess who didn't receive a bid to ABC.

www.sadtrombone.com

pearlsnviolets 02-07-2010 04:58 PM

I am new to greekchat but this thread was hilarious and the posts about the Transgenders/girls wanting to be in fraternities/boys wanting to be in sororities reminded me of something that happened at my school.

I just went through recruitment this semester, so i think this sorta belongs here but also not really. We have delayed recruitment but last semester a guy posted a youtube video wanting to become a member of one of the sororities, and why he should be one. There has never been anything said about whether he was serious or joking.

GammaPhi88 02-07-2010 11:15 PM

Unfortunately, no gems from this year. But one I forgot to mention from last year...

It was second round and either some of the seating got slightly messed up or there weren't enough chairs. Either way, I had to kneel in front of my PNM. She was, um, kind of weird. She kept asking me about percentage rates of people who get bids (granted I know that I was worried about the same thing going through, but geeeeeez I would NOT ask a sister this at a house), and told me in detail about how she got an extra toe removed. She went deeply into the surgical process...any most people who know me know that surgery details make me nauseous. At one point (keep in mind that she's on a chair and I'm kneeling) she leans over and FARTS IN MY FACE! Who does that??? I didn't really know what to say, since you can't exactly tell a PNM "ewwwww wtf you farted in my face", so I pretended it never happened. I wanted to throw up but I held myself together....I was never so happy to be bumped.

Of course, after the farter, I was hoping that I would get to talk to some awesome girl. Not so much. The next girl kept asking me why I wasn't in a different sorority on campus since I apparently "looked XYZ". Um, thanks?

CougarGrad 02-08-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1894323)
At one point (keep in mind that she's on a chair and I'm kneeling) she leans over and FARTS IN MY FACE!

And I'm done. Not sure what could top that. Holy moly!

mittens 02-08-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, no gems from this year. But one I forgot to mention from last year...

It was second round and either some of the seating got slightly messed up or there weren't enough chairs. Either way, I had to kneel in front of my PNM. She was, um, kind of weird. She kept asking me about percentage rates of people who get bids (granted I know that I was worried about the same thing going through, but geeeeeez I would NOT ask a sister this at a house), and told me in detail about how she got an extra toe removed. She went deeply into the surgical process...any most people who know me know that surgery details make me nauseous. At one point (keep in mind that she's on a chair and I'm kneeling) she leans over and FARTS IN MY FACE! Who does that??? I didn't really know what to say, since you can't exactly tell a PNM "ewwwww wtf you farted in my face", so I pretended it never happened. I wanted to throw up but I held myself together....I was never so happy to be bumped.

Of course, after the farter, I was hoping that I would get to talk to some awesome girl. Not so much. The next girl kept asking me why I wasn't in a different sorority on campus since I apparently "looked XYZ". Um, thanks?

I'm pretty sure she didn't but I hope she didnt get a bid.

ASUADPi 02-08-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

At one point (keep in mind that she's on a chair and I'm kneeling) she leans over and FARTS IN MY FACE!

Yeah it would have taken everything in me not to 1) say something and 2) not walk away. That is just uncalled for.

I know our girls have like a hand symbol (like 1-2 fingers) that they can put behind their back and the "roamers" can realize that the sister "needs help". I would have done that and been like "I'm leaving now". And I would be so insisting that we drop her at the end of the night.

als463 02-08-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutally*Honest (Post 1894658)
;)

After the initial shock of reading about this behavior... I now realize that this particular PNM definitely had to believe that she was only "top of the top tier" material. After all... don't many of them believe that their's does not stink?

Just sayin'

As always,
Brutally*Honest

Wait. When I comment about someone thinking she was "top tier" material when she may not have been-you flame me. Yet, when you make this comment about the PNM thinking she was "top of the top tier" it is somehow okay. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'

As always,
als463

GammaPhi88 02-08-2010 10:24 PM

I really don't think the girl who farted in my face did it because she thought she was going "top tier". She was kind of a weird girl to begin with so I really don't think that was the case. Even though I wanted to cry at the time, looking back I do feel bad for her, I mean, chances are she did that accidentally and was mortified. At least I hope that it was accidental...who farts in someone's face on purpose besides Peter Griffin?

And no, in case anyone was wondering, she did not get past that round. Our chapter generally takes PNMs with more social grace than that.

Another weird story from this rush that I forgot to mention! Its not a total shocker like the last one...more of a conversation don't!

I went to bump another sister, and this was the following conversation.

Me: (bumping, to sister) Hi *sisters name*
Sister: Hi GammaPhi88, this is Susie (not her real name). Susie, this is GammaPhi88.
Me: Nice to meet you Susie!
Sister: Susie and I were just chatting about...um...men on this campus.
Me: (frantically trying to think of a rush appropriate topic) Ahh, okay. See you later *sister*. So, um, its a tad loud in here. What were you and *sister* talking about?
Susie: Well I was just telling her that I've had SO much trouble already with guys at this school! Like number one issue, they suck around their frat brothers! I hooked up with this guy in ABC frat and he always ignores me around his brothers and older girls.
Me: Um, thats too bad. Tell me Susie, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Susie: Well I really like frat parties. Though at XYZ frat I totally hooked up with *insert well known campus ladies man's name here*. Did you know he used to date a girl in this house? I think I see her over there. Does she still talk to him?
Me: I have to tell you, I don't really know him, so I can't really comment! Where do you live on campus?

twinkle555 02-08-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1894688)
I really don't think the girl who farted in my face did it because she thought she was going "top tier". She was kind of a weird girl to begin with so I really don't think that was the case. Even though I wanted to cry at the time, looking back I do feel bad for her, I mean, chances are she did that accidentally and was mortified. At least I hope that it was accidental...who farts in someone's face on purpose besides Peter Griffin?

And no, in case anyone was wondering, she did not get past that round. Our chapter generally takes PNMs with more social grace than that.

Another weird story from this rush that I forgot to mention! Its not a total shocker like the last one...more of a conversation don't!

Sister: Hi GammaPhi88, this is Susie (not her real name). Susie, this is GammaPhi88.
Me: (frantically trying to think of a rush appropriate topic) Ahh, okay. See you later *sister*. So, um, its a tad loud in here. What were you and *sister* talking about?
Susie: Well I was just telling her that I've had SO much trouble already with guys at this school! Like number one issue, they suck around their frat brothers! I hooked up with this guy in ABC frat and he always ignores me around his brothers and older girls.
Me: Um, thats too bad. Tell me Susie, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Susie: Well I really like frat parties. Though at XYZ frat I totally hooked up with *insert well known campus ladies man's name here*. Did you know he used to date a girl in this house? I think I see her over there. Does she still talk to him?
Me: I have to tell you, I don't really know him, so I can't really comment! Where do you live on campus?

Yikes. You made one hell of an effort to change the subject thats for sure!

Ooh La La 02-09-2010 02:52 AM

I just rushed about three weeks ago. Anyway, I was at a philanthropy round where somehow the sister and I started talking about Zac Efron. Before I knew it, we were both caressing the wall saying things like, "Oh Zac!" When the next member of the bump group came up, she looked mighty confused. Then she accidentally spit on me while we were talking and started apologizing profusely. I just couldn't stop laughing to the point of tears and this got her laughing too. The sisters there were so easy going and hilarious. A couple days later I accepted my bid there. :D

xomanadaxo 02-09-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1894688)

Awkward conversations like that kill me! I had a similar experience on philanthropy day. I was sitting at a table with 3 PNMs and 3 sisters (including myself) trying to have a group conversation while the girls worked on their craft. PNM 1 and 2 were really sweet, but SallyPNM managed to steer every conversation topic toward something awkward/inappropriate, so it wasn't going too well. After a 10 minutes of trying to end a discussion about tattoo locations (complete with pointing!!)
we still couldn't figure out a way to get her to stop talking! Nothing else was working, so as soon as there was a lull in the conversation I turned to SusiePNM (who was quietly listening to all of this) and asked her where she was from. She said she was from the same town as myself and another sister at the table, and I pointed out the connection. SallyPNM jumps into the conversation and exclaims "OMG! You're from Anytown?! Me too!! Where'd you go to high school?" We told her, hoping to turn the focus of the conversation to high schools, teachers, families...anything but drunken tattoo locations! Once I told her where I went to high school, she got a really shocked look on her face and asked me "So...do you know Sam Stoner?" I don't know him personally, but drug dealers at small Catholic high schools get kind of famous, simply because they're pretty rare :rolleyes:. I tried to play it off with a "I graduated with Sam, but don't know him well" and change the subject, but SallyPNM was already telling me about how much she hated Sam because he cheated on both her and her best friend, spread rumors about her etc. At that point we kind of let her go and tried to get the other PNMs interested in their craft. Fortunately she ended up pledging a different house, but that conversation still sticks in my mind!!

XAntoftheSkyX 02-09-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895122)
This one time I ran into a guy that didn't want to rush DTD. To this day I don't understand.

http://i49.tinypic.com/e0l7nt.jpg

Gusteau 02-09-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895138)
GTFO!!!

Nope, still laughing

XAntoftheSkyX 02-09-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895138)
GTFO!!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2z3qu0m.jpg