GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

luv n tpa 10-06-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1533313)
Wow, did either of these girls get bids?

Nope. "Erin" got one pref, but ended up not getting a bid. "Suzie" wasn't pref'd by anyone.

icicle22 10-23-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTAngel (Post 112494)
We had this one girl come through who was so rude to all of my sisters. I think she may have been a legacy at another sorority and pretty much knew she was going to get in there. So, she was out to get ZTA. At one our parties, about five minutes before the party ended, she decides she has to go to the bathroom. Spent over 10 minutes in there. The little b*tch was trying to get us a rush infraction! She was cut that day.

That same day, I rushed a girl who was slightly...um...weird. First, she sat there and told me about how much she loves bowling and hopes that ZTA has bowling socials (no offense to anyone who loves bowling but this girl was going on and on about her average scores and the weight of the ball she uses). Then, she says to me, "I know that I'm not exactly thin. I'm just afraid that when I join Zeta that you all are going to stand me up in front of the whole chapter in a bikini and circle my fat." I had a heart palpitation. I said as calmly as possible, "If you joined Zeta, we would not circle your fat. We do not condone hazing." We cut her that day.

Who would go to a bathroom during a rush party? I thought it was considered rude.

GeekyPenguin 10-23-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icicle22 (Post 1540903)
Who would go to a bathroom during a rush party? I thought it was considered rude.

Somebody who has to pee? At schools where there are 10 or 16 parties and you get a beverage at each one, I can see how it would happen.

UGAalum94 10-23-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin (Post 1540913)
Somebody who has to pee? At schools where there are 10 or 16 parties and you get a beverage at each one, I can see how it would happen.

Of course, I can speak for every rush where there are more than 10 groups, but I know at UGA in the early 1990s you could ask to use the restroom between parties. (Rho Chis would escort people into the house, if I remember correctly, and everyone on the chapter side knew people might be in that section of the house.) While I don't think you'd absolutely get cut anyplace because you asked to use the restroom, choosing to go during a party sent a pretty clear message of disinterest, seeing as you could have elected to go before the party.

Ivygirl8985 10-23-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icicle22 (Post 1540903)
Who would go to a bathroom during a rush party? I thought it was considered rude.


I know some girls honestly have to use the restroom sometimes during a party, but my Little rushed a girl once who ment it to be rude. It was the second day, and the PNM apparently made it quite obvious that we were not one of her top choices. She only answered questions with yes or no answers and practically inhaled the food she was given. Then she asked for seconds, and when she was done with that asked to go to the bathroom. When my little pointed out that the party was going to end soon, the girl rolled her eyes and insisted that she had to go NOW.

indygphib 10-23-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivygirl8985 (Post 1541059)
I know some girls honestly have to use the restroom sometimes during a party, but my Little rushed a girl once who ment it to be rude. It was the second day, and the PNM apparently made it quite obvious that we were not one of her top choices. She only answered questions with yes or no answers and practically inhaled the food she was given. Then she asked for seconds, and when she was done with that asked to go to the bathroom. When my little pointed out that the party was going to end soon, the girl rolled her eyes and insisted that she had to go NOW.

So...did Miss I-Gotta-Pee-NOW end up getting a bid anywhere or did she let her sparkling personality shine through at other chapters as well? Just curious - makes you wonder how such blatantly rude people could ever receive a bid from a chapter.

icicle22 10-23-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygphib (Post 1541072)
So...did Miss I-Gotta-Pee-NOW end up getting a bid anywhere or did she let her sparkling personality shine through at other chapters as well? Just curious - makes you wonder how such blatantly rude people could ever receive a bid from a chapter.

I'm wondering that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin http://greekchat.com/gcforums/images...s/viewpost.gif
Somebody who has to pee? At schools where there are 10 or 16 parties and you get a beverage at each one, I can see how it would happen.

Well, I can understand that...if a girl REALLY needs to use the bathroom, then it's probably permissible. Having rushed before, I could sympathize with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennacat246 http://greekchat.com/gcforums/images...s/viewpost.gif
This girl comes in with the last group of the first day of recruitment and her hair is unwashed and she isn't wearing any make-up so she really doesn't seem to fit in with any of the other girls rushing. I'm not terribly impressed, but I haven't talked to her so I don't think much of it.
Then I end up having to rescue a sister who was trying to hold a conversation with her and the girl has nothing to say. She answers in as few words as possible to every single question and then smiles at me waiting for my next question. It wasn't a conversation so much as a very direct interview.
I ask her what she is most interested in about sororities since it's the end of her first day and I find in Canada at least, a lot of girls rushing do so out of curiosity because they don't know anything about sororities besides what you see on TV. I figure that by the end of the first day, something must have caught her eye. No, not her. "well, you know..." And I'm thinking, "No! I don't know! Tell me something about yourself - anything!"
I haven't been having these problems talking with anyone all day and I am running out of things to say.
Finally, I find out she's a sophomore and ask what she was involved in last year and she says Amnesty International. At first I'm excited because it is an actual answer to a question. So I ask her about what she did with them and she starts telling me about their plans for releasing alleged terrorists from Guatanamo Bay, which is pretty controversial and I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked because she's getting into an explanation of their innocence. Sisters and rushees nearby are hearing "terrorist" and "prison" and looking over with raised eyebrows and I'm smiling awkwardly because I don't really want to talk about this anymore but I have no idea what to talk about with this impossible girl.
Luckily, someone rescued me at this point and brought her over to look at some event scrapbooks.

It was definitely the most awkward and difficult conversation of my life. I've never worked so hard to get someone to tell me essentially nothing. At then end, in spite of all the questions I asked her, all I knew about was her involvement with Amnesty International. Oh and that she didn't wash her hair that day which was on the gross side.

HA!

Ivygirl8985 10-25-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygphib (Post 1541072)
So...did Miss I-Gotta-Pee-NOW end up getting a bid anywhere or did she let her sparkling personality shine through at other chapters as well? Just curious - makes you wonder how such blatantly rude people could ever receive a bid from a chapter.


Yep, she did get a bid from somewhere and she's still there too. I assume she was perfectly nice to them, although I find it really hard to believe because she was a legacy to another chapter on campus and I hear she didn't give them the time of day either. And the chapter she was a legacy to is one of our top chapters! I guess she had her house picked out and wasn't going to settle for anything else.

Benzgirl 10-25-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icicle22 (Post 1541075)
I'm wondering that too.

Finally, I find out she's a sophomore and ask what she was involved in last year and she says Amnesty International. At first I'm excited because it is an actual answer to a question. So I ask her about what she did with them and she starts telling me about their plans for releasing alleged terrorists from Guatanamo Bay, which is pretty controversial and I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked because she's getting into an explanation of their innocence. Sisters and rushees nearby are hearing "terrorist" and "prison" and looking over with raised eyebrows and I'm smiling awkwardly because I don't really want to talk about this anymore but I have no idea what to talk about with this impossible girl.
Luckily, someone rescued me at this point and brought her over to look at some event scrapbooks.


HA!

That's when you start with the "what's your name", "where are you from", "what's your major". Even if the person is from Timbucktu, you can typically throw out something like, "I heard they have a terrific whatever in Timbucktu".
I was lucky to know my geography so I could improvise on any situation once I knew where they were from. By the time I was bumped, I at least knew if they could put a sentence together.

EtaEpsilove 12-16-2007 02:48 PM

One year we had a PNM come through and she was talking to one of our, love her to death, but rather ditzy members. The PNM was talking about her interests and mentioned that she was in Model UN. Our member that was talking to her said, "Oh my gosh! You're a model? That is soooo cool!" Needless to say, that PNM probably thought we were complete idiots, but we still all joke about that to this day.

ADqtPiMel 12-16-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtaEpsilove (Post 1564236)
One year we had a PNM come through and she was talking to one of our, love her to death, but rather ditzy members. The PNM was talking about her interests and mentioned that she was in Model UN. Our member that was talking to her said, "Oh my gosh! You're a model? That is soooo cool!" Needless to say, that PNM probably thought we were complete idiots, but we still all joke about that to this day.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa. A few people from our chapter called me last year specifically to tell me this story.

RushLeader08 12-28-2007 10:08 PM

hahaha! these are so funny! when i had to interview for rho gamme they made me do a situation. the lady pretended to be a pnm and asked me what the best houses were because she liked _____ the best. it is the worst sorority at my school but i told her that the best houses were the ones that wanted her!
AND THATS NOT ALL!!! then she started fake crying because she only got invited back to one house and i had to calm her down. then she told me she was bulimic. i mean really wtf? she was 30 years old and no rushee is ever that bad. it was soooo weird!

BadSquirrelBeta 12-29-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushLeader08 (Post 1570517)
hahaha! these are so funny! when i had to interview for rho gamme they made me do a situation. the lady pretended to be a pnm and asked me what the best houses were because she liked _____ the best. it is the worst sorority at my school but i told her that the best houses were the ones that wanted her!
AND THATS NOT ALL!!! then she started fake crying because she only got invited back to one house and i had to calm her down. then she told me she was bulimic. i mean really wtf? she was 30 years old and no rushee is ever that bad. it was soooo weird!


Was her name MBurden by chance and she sells cosmetics on the side? Just kidding...you had to be here a while ago.

kathykd2005 12-29-2007 12:27 AM

Are you sure it wasn't BMBurden? hahaha

littleowl33 12-29-2007 10:31 PM

This one is from a friend at Sigma Chi. One night the brothers had had an open party and were starting to close it down since it was like 4 am. They went downstairs and found this guy sitting on the floor alone, totally drunk, masturbating! They immediately kicked him out. What's worse, he kept coming back to the house and telling the brothers how awesome EX is and how much he wanted to be a brother. I seriously doubt he has a chance this spring.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.