GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   A New Recruitment Thread! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=23531)

suzymoonspider 09-15-2002 02:28 PM

Suzymoonspider's recruitment stories:)

Recruitment starts Thursday for me. Here is a sched.

Thurs- 9/19 Orientation- 7pm- 9pm

Friday- 9/20 Open House 3pm-10:30 pm

Sat- 9/21 Philanthropy Events - all day

Sun- 9/22 Preference- all day

Mon- 9/23 Bid Night- 5pm- ??

I am really excited. And trying to figure out what to wear. I don't know what is the "norm" for this school but are Rho Chi's (not called that though I think) are suppose to call us and talk to us. So I bet they will let us know.

There sororities on campus are ZTA, AOII, Gamma Phi Beta, AXDelta, Alpha Phi and Chi Omega.

I am a Kappa Kappa Gamma Legacy- and always thought I wanted to be a Kappa- but there is no Kappa on my campus. I realized it doesn't matter which sorority I join as long as I feel welcome! They are all wonderful.

So any last minute advice on clothing, and interesting questions. If you have recommendations I will take them- if not I will go in, be myself and know that everything will work out right in the end-

I will let you know what is going on each night of recruitment (without revealing the sororities of course) and then *hopefully* reveal my knew sisters. If not, well it could be a sign, because I am not 100% sure I want to stay at this college anyway. We will see:)

AOIIalum 09-15-2002 03:21 PM

Good luck, Suzy!

As for clothing, wear whatever looks best on you (of course!) Clean, neat, tastefully accessorized, I know you know the drill. Most definitely wear comfortable shoes, recruitment just is not the time to break in a new pair of shoes if you can avoid it. Make sure to ask your "rho chi's" for suggestions on what to wear for each round, they're the ones who will know what to--and what not to wear.

If your school has a Greek Life site, you may want to check out the info and links there if you haven't already. Best of luck to you and let us know how things are going!

Christin

APhiRattlerGal 09-15-2002 03:34 PM

Much luck to you. Just follow your heart.

KDHoney 09-15-2002 03:41 PM

Good luck to you! It sounds like you have a great attitude and an open mind and those will be really important through the whole process. Can't wait to hear more...

Shark_in_Skirt 09-15-2002 11:22 PM

Best of luck to you!

XOXO,
Annie.

xo_kathy 09-16-2002 10:12 AM

Good Luck, Suzy!

I was a Kappa legacy, too. But there weren't any on my campus either. And Chi Omega was my mom's arch rival sorority at her school! But once she met the girls she loved them and was very happy for me! I'm sure all will work out for you one way or another! Have fun!!!

AOX81 09-16-2002 10:36 AM

Good luck Suzy!!

gphiangel624 09-16-2002 12:46 PM

Good luck with recruitment! I'm sure you've heard a million times, but go in with an open mind and go with what your heart tells you!

;)

SATX*APhi 09-16-2002 10:43 PM

Best of luck Suzy. You have five amazing sororities to choose from!! Follow your heart and remember: HAVE FUN! :)

suzymoonspider 09-17-2002 06:10 PM

I turned in my money and form- Orientation is Thurs at 7. I am researching each sorority so that I can ask informed questions. To orientation I am just planning on wearing jeans- then open house a cute skirt and top- black pants for philanthropy and a nice top then for pref I have an adorable pink dress from River Island (my fav store in the whole world- there aren't any in the US). I will tell you all about it each night:)

violets 09-17-2002 06:13 PM

suzymoonspider,
So, so glad to hear that you're researching the sororities, that's fabulous!!!
Your outfits sound lovely, you're going to have a wonderful time!
violets
P.S. Absolutely Adorable Nickname! I love it.

aephi alum 09-17-2002 06:59 PM

Good luck :)

suzymoonspider 09-18-2002 07:17 PM

Fashion show

I got a message from a "Rho Chi" today- the orientation is in the form of a fashion show- telling us the dos and don'ts for recruitment outfits- I thought that was a cute idea. Then we meet all the "Rho Chi's" and get the run down for the weekend. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow night:) I can't wait!

suzymoonspider 09-19-2002 09:31 PM

So I just got back from orientation. It was so much fun and short. The only complaint I have is that we have to be there to pick up invites at 9 on Sat and Sun BUT don't have the parties till in the afternoon- which means that I am stuck either driving back home or hanging out on campus- I go to a commuter school- what were they thinking- but it s nice cause a friend is going through recruitment to and we will drive back and forth together.

The fashion show was cute- telling us the do's and don't. DON'T wear PJs with a teddy bear and pig tales (tehehe). And they set up tables for each of the chapters- though some tables had CONSIDERABLY nicer tables than others- which might hurt some of the chapters- We will see.

I have 6 parties tomorrow from 3-10 pm then I have to eliminate 2. It should be fun. Tell you all about it tomorrow:)

GeekyPenguin 09-20-2002 12:12 AM

Good luck!

...pssst, go Gamma Phi!...