GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why Paris Hilton Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=90920)

Fleur de Lis 10-12-2007 04:22 PM

Why Paris Hilton Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma

I saw a new book called "A Southern Belle Primer: Or Why Paris Hilton Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma." I assume it's a newer version of the "Princess Margaret" one? Has anyone read it? I love the original and will order this one if it's different enough.

jubilance1922 10-12-2007 04:57 PM

They probably just changed the subtitle on the original book to make it more popular with a new generation.

The book was very cute though.

TSteven 10-12-2007 07:13 PM

So if you had to extend a bid to one of 'em, who would it be - Miss Hilton or Princess Margaret?

honeychile 10-12-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 1536889)
So if you had to extend a bid to one of 'em, who would it be - Miss Hilton or Princess Margaret?

Assuming that Princess Margaret was still alive, she would have the advantage of being royalty. Paris Hilton just thinks she's a princess.

But I don't see either making the cut, IMHO.

tld221 10-12-2007 09:22 PM

is this thread gonna turn into "who would you rather give a bid to?" cause that would be entertaining.

texas*princess 10-12-2007 09:24 PM

It's the same exact book, but with a different subtitle.

OhSoVeryLadylike 10-13-2007 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 1536919)
is this thread gonna turn into "who would you rather give a bid to?" cause that would be entertaining.

AND WHY??

ok...Hillary Duff or Ashley Olsen

Brittany Spears or Christina Aguilera

Jessica or Ashley Simpson

AlphaFrog 10-13-2007 07:05 AM

I see this turning into a big OMG MaryKate Olsen is an XYZ!! rumor mill.:p:p

Scandia 10-13-2007 07:31 AM

Why was Kappa Kappa Gamma picked if Kappa was not founded in the South and thus is not usually considered to be a "Southern" sorority?

AlphaFrog 10-13-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandia (Post 1536991)
Why was Kappa Kappa Gamma picked if Kappa was not founded in the South and thus is not usually considered to be a "Southern" sorority?

Kappa IS considered a Southern sorority. They were founded in Illinois, but you don't see a heavy Kappa concentration in the midwest...at least, not like it is in the SEC.

ISUKappa 10-13-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 1536995)
Kappa IS considered a Southern sorority. They were founded in Illinois, but you don't see a heavy Kappa concentration in the midwest...at least, not like it is in the SEC.

Yeah you do. Especially our older chapters. Granted, we aren't at every single school in the Midwest, but we are definitely here.

FSUZeta 10-13-2007 10:49 AM

perhaps the author has some alligence to kkg, or perhaps it sounded the best in the title or perhaps she was granted permission to use the name.

techzbt 10-13-2007 02:58 PM

Paris Hilton couldn't be in any sorority because she's too stupid to get into a college that doesn't include "community" or "junior" in its name. ;)

sageofages 10-13-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techzbt (Post 1537052)
Paris Hilton couldn't be in any sorority because she's too stupid to get into a college that doesn't include "community" or "junior" in its name. ;)

I though Ms. Hilton never even graduated from High School, dropping out of formal education at something like age 15.

Quote:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-12...nterview_x.htm

"Now, Paris, the oldest daughter of Rick Hilton and his wife, former child actress Kathy Richards, wants to be taken seriously. She was born in New York, raised in Los Angeles and attended a slew of posh schools on both coasts, including Professional Children's, Dwight and Buckley and a school for troubled kids in Utah. Her father won't confirm if she ever earned a high school diploma"

irishpipes 10-13-2007 03:44 PM

I definitely think of KKG as more midwestern than southern.