GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Is 22 TOO OLD to RUSH an old south SEC frat? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=126604)

southernkid 05-15-2012 12:17 AM

Is 22 TOO OLD to RUSH an old south SEC frat?

22 year old Sophomore looking to rush at and old southern SEC football dominated school. Is 22 too old? I took time off too work after high school... Im not talking about one of these west coast frats, black frats, or yankee frats. Im talking about a traditional southern fraternity, at a traditional southern school. 993's, Costas and Button Downs...., not Fitted Hats, Gucci Shades and V necks. Im looking for advice from your Alabamas, Georgias, Mississippis, South Carolinas and etc. Would it be weird? I look really young for my age, I'm only going to be a Sophomore in the fall of 2012. Thanks and let me know what school/frat you're sending your advice from.

33girl 05-15-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernkid (Post 2146053)
I look really young for my age

So do I.

I wouldn't get in either.

Old_Row 05-15-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

22 year old Sophomore looking to rush at and old southern SEC football dominated school. Is 22 too old? I took time off too work after high school... Im not talking about one of these west coast frats, black frats, or yankee frats. Im talking about a traditional southern fraternity, at a traditional southern school. 993's, Costas and Button Downs...., not Fitted Hats, Gucci Shades and V necks. Im looking for advice from your Alabamas, Georgias, Mississippis, South Carolinas and etc. Would it be weird? I look really young for my age, I'm only going to be a Sophomore in the fall of 2012. Thanks and let me know what school/frat you're sending your advice from.

Yes.

AnchorAlumna 05-15-2012 01:19 AM

Depends on the fraternity.
Some wouldn't have a problem.
Some would. Probably the ones you think you want to pledge.
You won't know, though, until you try.

FSUZeta 05-15-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna (Post 2146069)
Depends on the fraternity.
Some wouldn't have a problem.
Some would. Probably the ones you think you want to pledge.
You won't know, though, until you try.

This.

AlphaFrog 05-15-2012 08:23 AM

Too old and too immature.

DeltaBetaBaby 05-15-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Too old? I have no idea. Too douche? Probably.

(but I'm just a yankee)

southernkid 05-15-2012 12:08 PM

Hey sorry for the delayed response. I was up in Rochester playing lacrosse, and then I had to hurry to get to the cleaners and pick up my freshly pressed V necks, before the step dancing show with the local Alpha Phi Alpha chapter. So, with exception to the yankees and the westerners, does any southern fraternity alumni or undergrad have an honest, experienced opinion on this topic?

DeltaBetaBaby 05-15-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernkid (Post 2146153)
Hey sorry for the delayed response. I was up in Rochester playing lacrosse, and then I had to hurry to get to the cleaners and pick up my freshly pressed V necks, before the step dancing show with the local Alpha Phi Alpha chapter. So, with exception to the yankees and the westerners, does any southern fraternity alumni or undergrad have an honest, experienced opinion on this topic?

Hahaha, this is an excellent troll. Thank you for a good laugh this morning.

TSteven 05-15-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Whew.. that rules out Kentucky. ;)

amIblue? 05-15-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 2146214)
Whew.. that rules out Kentucky. ;)

And Tennessee right now, too.

MysticCat 05-15-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2146159)
Hahaha, this is an excellent troll. Thank you for a good laugh this morning.

I hope it's a troll. Otherwise it's an embarrassment to those of us who are Southerners.

And LOL at a 22-year-old calling himself "kid."

TSteven 05-15-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amIblue? (Post 2146216)
And Tennessee right now, too.

Y'all will be back.

Old_Row 05-15-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernkid (Post 2146153)

I guess you missed my user name.

If your previous post didn't make it clear enough, this most recent one certainly did. You don't have a chance, douche rocket.

amIblue? 05-15-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 2146226)
Y'all will be back.

From your keyboard to God's ears.