GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Famous Greeks... or are they??? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=15353)

RockChalk 02-26-2002 10:45 PM

Famous Greeks... or are they???

Reading through the "Did you pledge someone famous" thread, it seems like there are a lot of celebrities who people *think* were Greek, but no one can verify which GLO they belonged to (or if they even went to college). So, if you want to find out if a certain celeb is Greek, post here and let your fellow GC'ers help you investigate.

Jody 02-26-2002 11:35 PM

Famous Greeks

Star Jones, one of the moderaters of The View is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. For verification, please review the acknowledgements in her book, If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Plus, I saw her at a national conference almost 17 years ago!

AchtungBaby80 02-27-2002 12:23 AM

I started a thread like this on the Delta Zeta board. It seems like all the famous people I was told were DZs turned out not to be... :p

33girl 02-27-2002 12:27 AM

I think there are 3 or 4 groups that claim Delta Burke, and the only place she went to college was in London...where there are no sororities.

Optimist Prime 02-27-2002 12:28 AM

DJ Skribble

He has a theta chi tatto :confused:

bolingbaker 02-27-2002 07:42 AM

These were definitely undergraduate

members: Brad Pitt (Sigma Chi), Jon Stewart (Pike), David Schwimmer on Friends (Delta Tau Delta), David Spade (SAE).

KarenC725 02-27-2002 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 33girl
I think there are 3 or 4 groups that claim Delta Burke, and the only place she went to college was in London...where there are no sororities.
Didn't she also go to Florida? I know that many ZTA chapters put her in the famous listing, but she says (I think it was on Lifetime) that she was never in a house.

ZTAngel 02-27-2002 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KarenC725

Didn't she also go to Florida? I know that many ZTA chapters put her in the famous listing, but she says (I think it was on Lifetime) that she was never in a house.

I thought she had gone to a school in Florida also. A lot of ZTA's have her one their website as their famous alum. Also, I've heard Lynda Carter (wonder woman) as well.

Betarulz! 02-27-2002 12:57 PM

Some Famous Betas are

Sam Walton (of Walmart)
The Nordstrom family
Hall of Fame Baseball player Mike Schmidt
Sen. Richard Lugar
House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt
Former Secretary of Defense William Perry
Miami Dolphins QB Jay Fiedler
Richard Karn of TV's Home Improvement

Infamous Betas include
Kenneth Lay of Enron and government subpeona
David Shula former Head Coach of the Cinncinati Bengals (when they were really horrible)

UDZETA 02-27-2002 01:34 PM

Famous ZTA's

Some famous ZTA's include
Phyllis Brown- Miss America
Susan Ford Bales the daughter of President Ford
Lynda Johnson Robb the daughter of President Johnson.
ZLAM-UDZETA
:D

hoosier 02-27-2002 01:35 PM

Wrestler: The Big Show = TKE

Wrestler: The Big Show = TKE

His pix in latest TKE mag

Kevin 02-27-2002 03:47 PM

Some Sigma Nu's on TV...

Bob Barker, host of The Price is Right
Trent Lott, Senate Minority Leader
Boyd Tinsley, Fiddle player for Dave Matthews
Harrison Ford, Actor
James Dean, Actor (didn't graduate)
Al Michaels - Television Announcer, ABC Monday Night Football
Pat Riley - Basketball coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, the N.Y. Knicks, and the Miami Heat; won 4 NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers
Tom Johnson - President, CNN
Paul Rudd - Movie Actor

LHT,
Kevin

lindsay_iu 02-27-2002 04:45 PM

FYI...Richard Lugar is from Indiana.

SAEalumnus 02-27-2002 05:13 PM

Re: These were definitely undergraduate

Quote:

Originally posted by bolingbaker
members: <snipped> David Spade (SAE).
I can personally vouch for this. He went to college in Arizona. I've also seen a picture of him as well as a framed, autographed t-shirt in our Headquarters when I went to Leadership School. David Spade rocks!!!

KillarneyRose 02-27-2002 05:28 PM

Re: Famous Greeks

Quote:

Originally posted by Jody
[B]Star Jones, one of the moderaters of The View is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. For verification, please review the acknowledgements in her book, If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
B]
Joy Behr (sp?), also of The View, is a Delta Zeta from Queens College. I wonder if Barbara Walters, Lisa Ling and the other View chickie are greek?