GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Delta Tau Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Crescent Colonies & Expansion (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=112841)

ebdelt 04-12-2010 08:39 PM

Crescent Colonies & Expansion

I know the Delt forum is a little dead but I figured it couldn't hurt to try and revive the place and interact with some of the active Delt posters.

So, we, the Epsilon Beta chapter, had our alumni banquet this past friday and the Western Plains division president Bob Marwill came to speak. Awesome guy and gave us a lot of encouraging words about our own chapter and the national organization. He also mentioned we are preparing to start a new colony at Drake University. I've also heard the Pepperdine colony is doing really well as too.

I was just wondering if someone could give me the specifics on how expansion works. Does nationals look for universities where there is a solid base of alumni located in the area to support the colony? I guess I'm just wondering what factors are most considered when deciding where to pursue the colonization process?

BDPDTD 04-13-2010 02:04 AM

Congratulations. We at Epsilon Eta are about to celebrate our 50th. Always good to hear another group of brothers are doing well. How was your spring rush?

ebdelt 04-13-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDPDTD (Post 1916504)
Congratulations. We at Epsilon Eta are about to celebrate our 50th. Always good to hear another group of brothers are doing well. How was your spring rush?

Our 55th anniversary is coming up next month so we are still going strong and have never been kicked off campus.

Congratulations to you to on the the 50th! A great milestone. My best friend's dad was a Delt at Commerce and said he had great memories. Our spring rush was rather mild. We usually take the Spring as a time to let a new Head Pledge Trainer and his pledge committee as well as the Rush Committee learn the ropes in preparation for the fall. We bid 4 guys and ended up initiating three high quality guys, one of whom I took as my little brother. We are at about 70 in membership, but are looking for a high quality fall rush hoping to take 30 new members.

How about for your guys?

Preston327 04-13-2010 03:25 AM

Florida Atlantic University CC is soon to be Iota Nu chapter. We're getting chartered on April 24th after a year and two months on campus. We're currently sitting at around 50 members; this semester we pledged 10 (myself included) and initiated 9. Our brothers hold all but two of the seats on IFC, we're currently the largest chapter on campus and we've just won Greek Week in our first year of competition. Definitely looking forward to leading and bettering the Greek community at FAU for years to come.

ebdelt 04-15-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston327 (Post 1916520)
Florida Atlantic University CC is soon to be Iota Nu chapter. We're getting chartered on April 24th after a year and two months on campus. We're currently sitting at around 50 members; this semester we pledged 10 (myself included) and initiated 9. Our brothers hold all but two of the seats on IFC, we're currently the largest chapter on campus and we've just won Greek Week in our first year of competition. Definitely looking forward to leading and bettering the Greek community at FAU for years to come.

Congrats on your charter in the coming days! I'm sure it's great feeling after all the hard work it sounds like you guys have put in!

Out of curiosity what was it like from what you know about the colonizing process? Are Delt nationals there a lot? What do they teach you? etc. I'm very interested in Delt's expansion plans.

ZXDelt304 04-28-2010 01:19 AM

We at the Zeta Chi chapter will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next spring. Glad the other chapters are doing well and excited about all the CCs.

Congratulations Preston327 on being initiated and the Iota Nu chapter! What chapter performed the Ritual for yall?

Back in 1986, our chapter was the fastest Colony to become chartered, it was under 2 years. Our record was broken since then but...just throwing that out there.

ebdelt 04-29-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZXDelt304 (Post 1922215)
We at the Zeta Chi chapter will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next spring. Glad the other chapters are doing well and excited about all the CCs.

Congratulations Preston327 on being initiated and the Iota Nu chapter! What chapter performed the Ritual for yall?

Back in 1986, our chapter was the fastest Colony to become chartered, it was under 2 years. Our record was broken since then but...just throwing that out there.

I believe I read in the newsletter email that the Tampa Delts helped with initiation. I echo the sentiments of ZXDelt by saying congrats to the FAU Delts on becoming Iota Nu!

Kendoch 03-05-2017 12:47 PM

I thought Pepperdine was an active chapter.

Kevin 03-07-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendoch (Post 2428457)
I thought Pepperdine was an active chapter.

Maybe it wasn't 7 years ago when the post was made?