GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2018/2019 Colonies/Expansions/Charters/Closures (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=243690)

Benzgirl 04-05-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE (Post 2465429)
Question? Has a NPC extension bulletin been issued in the past months?

The last I saw was summer 2018, but I don't look for them on a regular basis.

PKT4LIFE 04-07-2019 02:43 PM

TriSig was installed today at Penn State, per the GL Director (a Phi Tau). 129 women were initiated.

LaneSig 04-07-2019 03:35 PM

Sigma Chi was installed at Auburn University(AL) on Saturday.

carnation 04-07-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaneSig (Post 2465461)
Sigma Chi was installed at Auburn University(AL) on Saturday.

Aw yea! I had some good times at that house back in the day.

LaneSig 04-07-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2465463)
Aw yea! I had some good times at that house back in the day.

You are welcome to share any stories you wish to share! :-)

carnation 04-07-2019 09:43 PM

Like the one about the quail dinner at the house? LOL!

AOII*Azra-elle 04-09-2019 12:51 AM

Heard through the grapevine that AOII at Kentucky is closing.

LaneSig 04-09-2019 03:37 PM

Dear Panhellenic Community,

The members of the Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi have decided to surrender their charter and this decision has been accepted by their national organization. Kappa Omega will no longer be a chapter on our campus after the Spring 2019 semester. We are very saddened by this decision as this is a loss to our community; however, we respect the decision that chapter has made after much deliberation and thought. We will forever consider their current members our Panhellenic sisters.

The Panhellenic Council is working with the Alpha Omicron Pi national organization on a rechartering agreement. We have high hopes that Kappa Omega will join our Panhellenic community again in the future.

If you have any questions please contact us at uksorority@uky.edu.

Sincerely,

Katie Custer
Panhellenic President

navane 04-09-2019 06:58 PM

Gamma Phi Beta has announced that we will begin our long-awaited colonization at California State University San Marcos (CA) in Spring 2020. We were selected for colonization back in January 2014; but had to wait for conditions to be right.

AnchorAlumna 04-10-2019 02:44 AM

Delta Gamma announced that it will colonize at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, FL, in fall of 2019.

FSUZeta 04-10-2019 07:07 AM

FGCU continues to grow by leaps and bounds(and anchors). Congratulations!

LaneSig 04-10-2019 02:01 PM

Congratulations to Alpha Tau Omega on the recent chartering of their chapter at Boise State University(ID).

LaneSig 04-12-2019 10:13 AM

Two fraternity chapters have been closed/suspended due to RMF issues:

Omega Psi Phi- Old Dominion University(VA)

Tau Kappa Epsilon- California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo

stufield 04-15-2019 10:20 PM

In recent weeks, Kappa Sigma installed its Upsilon-Xi and Upsilon-Omicron chapters at Rutgers University - Newark and the University of New Haven, respectively, and this past weekend installed its Upsilon-Pi chapter at
State University of New York, Oswego.

LaneSig 04-16-2019 05:54 PM

Sigma Kappa has announced that they will be establishing a chapter at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University(FL) this coming fall.

PKT4LIFE 04-17-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaneSig (Post 2465609)
Sigma Kappa has announced that they will be establishing a chapter at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University(FL) this coming fall.

Beta Theta Pi is also colonizing Fall '19 per the ERAUSESU FB page

_RushPuppies_ 04-17-2019 02:46 PM

Kappa at Seton Hall

Kappa Kappa Gamma will be colonizing at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ (just a stoneís throw from NYC) per Kappa and Seton Hall Panhellenic Instagram accounts.

Tom Earp 04-17-2019 03:17 PM

I am always amazed with New Openings and wonder what is wrong with MY School, Pittsburg State Univ. in Kansas?

Since I Graduated in 1967, yep true, LOL, DZ came on Campus and looked very good but suddenly left?

Fraternities on the other hand had a lot attempt to come on. TKE tried to come back on but lasted 1 1/2 year. I found out that SAE lasted @ 1 year and heard AKL lasted @ 1 year. New Organizations do not seem to do well at PSU?:confused:

OleMissGlitter 04-17-2019 03:32 PM

Alpha Chi Omega is presenting at Ole Miss next week.

LaneSig 04-17-2019 07:44 PM

Alpha Xi Delta has closed their chapter at SUNY-Albany effective immediately.

LaneSig 04-18-2019 12:13 PM

Beta Theta Pi has announced that they will be recolonizing at Bowling Green State University(OH), the University of South Florida, the University of Toledo(OH), and the University of Oregon in Fall '19.

Griffins&Quills 04-18-2019 11:58 PM

From October but obviously something is going on at SUNY Albany

https://www.wamc.org/post/ualbany-re...and-sororities

33girl 04-19-2019 08:36 AM

Iíll say what I always say: when underground groups flourish and proliferate, it means the recognized groups are not giving the student body what they want.

navane 04-22-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2465651)
From October but obviously something is going on at SUNY Albany

https://www.wamc.org/post/ualbany-re...and-sororities

They have a long history of GLO awkwardness at UAlbany.

See here (2012): http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ghlight=albany

And here: (2016): http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ghlight=albany

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2465657)
I’ll say what I always say: when underground groups flourish and proliferate, it means the recognized groups are not giving the student body what they want.

I would also suggest that underground groups also flourish when the university administration places too many unreasonable restrictions on law-abiding recognized groups. In other words, a recognized GLO would be offering the students more (more socials, etc), but can't because the university-placed limitations. The loss of student interest in favor of underground groups, then, would be through no fault of their own.

33girl 04-22-2019 06:14 PM

I think what also happens is that when the law abiding groups are penalized for stupid things, it can make them resentful and just throw up their hands and go whole hog. In for a buck, in for a quarter.

It would be interesting to see where the SUNY system would be at now if they had never outlawed nationals for that period of time. They did it for a good reason, I guess, theoretically, but I question if the result had anything to do with that aim or furthered it.

mlanderson 04-24-2019 12:17 PM

New thread

New thread started yet?

33girl 04-24-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlanderson (Post 2465742)
New thread started yet?

Itís still spring semester 2019.

NYCMS 04-24-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter (Post 2465626)

Ole Miss definitely needs a new chapter in light of Theta's closing, but boy I hope something can change in terms of the toxic atmosphere. Otherwise, it will be a repeat of what happened to Theta and ZTA. Not sure what a campus can do to eradicate that level of toxicity.

I wish AXO the best, I have some AXO friends and it's a great organization. And given the proximity of some strong chapters, I think it would be a good addition to the existing lineup.

thetalady 04-24-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Any idea what other sororities might be tossing their hat into the lion's den this time?

LaneSig 04-24-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlanderson (Post 2465742)
New thread started yet?

I usually wait until May something.

Anyone want to chime in with any changes you think need to be done to the format that I use?

DoeofDenmark 04-24-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Now, if Alpha Chi Omega made it to Ole Miss, when do you all think that the colonisation process would begin?

dukedg 04-25-2019 02:37 AM

Tri Delta at UOP

Tri Delta is suspending operations of its chapter at University of the Pacific https://www.tridelta.org/news/pacific/

LaneSig 04-25-2019 10:10 AM

Kappa Delta has closed its chapter at the University of North Georgia. Closure is due to RMF.

Congratulations to the following groups on their receiving their chapter charters:

Alpha Phi- Baylor University(TX) Kappa Theta chapter

Alpha Tau Omega- University of North Carolina-Charlotte

Beta Theta Pi- Elon University(NC)

Kappa Sigma- University of Richmond(VA)

Phi Delta Theta- Augusta University(GA)

Sigma Chi- West Chester University(PA)

LaneSig 04-26-2019 12:08 PM

Pi Lambda Phi has closed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

PKT4LIFE 04-28-2019 04:55 PM

Our Epsilon Beta chapter at West Virginia Institute of Technology relinquished it’s charter due to low membership.

Two years ago, WVIT relocated to the defunct Mountain State University in Beckley. The move was to stimulate student interest and increase admissions. This plan BACKFIRED. Admissions dropped from 2000+ to 1100. Alpha Sigma Tau is now the only Greek organization on campus.

LaneSig 04-29-2019 01:41 PM

Congratulations to the following groups on being chartered this past weekend:

Alpha Sigma Phi- Boston University(MA)

Kappa Alpha- Emory University(GA)

Kappa Sigma- Northern Arizona University

Sigma Alpha Mu- University of Rhode Island

Theta Chi- Point Loma University(CA)

KatieKate1244 04-29-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE (Post 2465821)
Our Epsilon Beta chapter at West Virginia Institute of Technology relinquished itís charter due to low membership.

Two years ago, WVIT relocated to the defunct Mountain State University in Beckley. The move was to stimulate student interest and increase admissions. This plan BACKFIRED. Admissions dropped from 2000+ to 1100. Alpha Sigma Tau is now the only Greek organization on campus.

This is my school and it's heartbreaking to hear. I have so many friends from that chapter. As much as I hated the move, the old campus was literally falling out of the hill. They had to shut two dorms because of it.

OleMissGlitter 04-29-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoeofDenmark (Post 2465747)
Now, if Alpha Chi Omega made it to Ole Miss, when do you all think that the colonisation process would begin?

If they are picked, they would like to participate in Fall 2020 Recruitment (just the first round or two). Then their first formal recruitment with their new colony/chapter would be in Fall 2020. I enjoyed their presentation. I think they would be a great fit at Ole Miss.

LaneSig 04-30-2019 12:35 PM

Congratulations to the following groups on receiving their charters:

Alpha Sigma Phi- Western Carolina University(NC), University of Toronto(Ontario,CN)

FarmHouse- Wilmington College(OH)

ForeverRoses 04-30-2019 04:47 PM

Sigma Pi (Epsilon Chapter) at Ohio University has been expelled due to hazing and other violations of the student code of conduct.