GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

ChioLu 09-26-2017 02:29 PM

Bump
There's gotten be some crazy rush stories this year!

FSUZeta 09-27-2017 07:06 PM

TLLK's is a good one.

TLLK 09-27-2017 08:43 PM

Thanks FSU Zeta! To be honest I was a little concerned that this story was just too weird to be told for a long time, so it added to my initial hesitation about sharing it here.

ChioLu 09-28-2017 09:15 PM

Has anyone ever turn this term "House hunter" in regard to sorority recruitment?
I heard it this week describing upper class PNM's who've been through recruitment several times and only want certain SRC's. When they get released from their top houses, they drop out of recruitment. 2 juniors this week are going thru recruitment for the 3rd straight year! Yikes.

Even bigger yikes, a PNM actually said to an active that she wanted to join a sorority so she could sleep with more guys ...

carnation 09-28-2017 10:42 PM

You know how many great chapters Auburn has? I remember a girl who rushed formally 3 times in an attempt to get a certain chapter. The chapter members knew it. She finally got in her junior year and was a stellar member.

Little sis rushed a couple of years later, got that chapter, and dropped a few weeks later.

33girl 09-29-2017 07:49 AM

TLLK -

Why do I have the feeling that SAE came home from work one day a few years later to find a bunny boiling in a pot on the stove?

naraht 09-29-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2443324)
Even bigger yikes, a PNM actually said to an active that she wanted to join a sorority so she could sleep with more guys ...

Give her directions to the nearest male Freshman dorm and explain to her how to take off her clothes. Problem solved.

TLLK 10-03-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2443367)
TLLK -

Why do I have the feeling that SAE came home from work one day a few years later to find a bunny boiling in a pot on the stove?

:eek: YIKES!!! Still have chills about that famous scene.

NUalumMUmom 01-12-2018 02:02 PM

A vegan rush story

This story is from my daughter when she went through recruitment in Fall, 2014. That summer, I had decided to eliminate animal proteins from my diet, for health reasons and to see if I could do it. In the family, we call it my Vegan Summer. That fall, during sisterhood round, my daughters was being rushed by an active that mentioned she was vegetarian. My daughter said, that's awesome, my mom is vegan. The girl looked puzzled and asked how that works at our house. DD told her that it was okay, that even though I was vegan, I did cook meat for the rest of the family. The girl looks at her and says "But do you, like, have two Moms?" My daughter looked at her strangely, then the bell rings for her to leave, as she is leaving she realized the girl had confused "vegan" with "lesbian" :eek: She was laughing so hard she could barely pull it together for the next social. She was cut after that round. This house takes mostly St Louis girls, and she was from OOS, so she doesn't know if the lesbian thing had anything to do with it. As a women and gender studies minor, she didn't really want to join a chapter that would cut her because her mom was a lesbian, or that had sisters that didn't know the difference between vegan and lesbian!:rolleyes:

I only lasted one summer as a vegan, I missed the cheese too much!

Sciencewoman 01-12-2018 08:01 PM

^^^ That's a good one!

jolene 01-13-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUalumMUmom (Post 2451349)
This story is from my daughter when she went through recruitment in Fall, 2014. That summer, I had decided to eliminate animal proteins from my diet, for health reasons and to see if I could do it. In the family, we call it my Vegan Summer. That fall, during sisterhood round, my daughters was being rushed by an active that mentioned she was vegetarian. My daughter said, that's awesome, my mom is vegan. The girl looked puzzled and asked how that works at our house. DD told her that it was okay, that even though I was vegan, I did cook meat for the rest of the family. The girl looks at her and says "But do you, like, have two Moms?" My daughter looked at her strangely, then the bell rings for her to leave, as she is leaving she realized the girl had confused "vegan" with "lesbian" :eek: She was laughing so hard she could barely pull it together for the next social. She was cut after that round. This house takes mostly St Louis girls, and she was from OOS, so she doesn't know if the lesbian thing had anything to do with it. As a women and gender studies minor, she didn't really want to join a chapter that would cut her because her mom was a lesbian, or that had sisters that didn't know the difference between vegan and lesbian!:rolleyes:

I only lasted one summer as a vegan, I missed the cheese too much!

:eek::D Was the room loud? However, 'vegan' and 'lesbian' don't sound remotely similar. LOL Did she eventually find her home?

I'm a vegetarian and could never be vegan. Cheese and I have a special relationship.

NUalumMUmom 01-15-2018 05:39 PM

She did find her home. She is a very happy Theta, getting ready to graduate in May. I don't know for sure if the room was loud, but it probably was. I don't think they sound at all alike, and neither did my daughter, so it took her awhile to figure out why the active was asking such strange questions.

carnation 07-05-2018 08:37 PM

A favorite! This is for all you PNMs---don't do any of this! Don't end up with a story about something bizarre that you did during recruitment!

chi-o_cat 07-06-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2457594)
A favorite! This is for all you PNMs---don't do any of this! Don't end up with a story about something bizarre that you did during recruitment!

But if you DO, please come here and post it. This is one of the best threads on this site, and I love seeing new stories.

ChioLu 08-23-2018 08:10 PM

Bumping for new stories!

And I’ll add a short but weird one ...
My suite mate and I were at the same house for a party. (I had a rec from my aunt and several of the members had her as their high school drama teacher.) We were lead to a 4-seat table to talk. Two other members came over, then all 4 members turned toward Patti and no one was talking to me! (Patti was a highly desirable rushee - beautiful, smart, on the women’s golf team.) Patti tried to get me into the conversation, but the members continued the “hot boxing” and ignored me. After the party was over, we walked out together. I made some comment that I probably wouldn’t be getting an invite back. Patti said that even if she got an invite, she was going to turn it down because they were rude to me. (Back in the day when you got actual paper invites and could regret any extras above max # of parties for the next day.) She did turn down the invitation and ended up being my pledge sister in Chi O!
(After college, she was the ER nurse at the hospital where my brother was taken after a horrible work accident and helped save my brother’s life!)