GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

ScarletBlueGold 03-05-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1777442)
Now that Bid Day is over I can finally tell this gem!

Last semester, I was sitting in a large lecture class wearing my letters when a girl comes up to me and compliments me on them. She says...

Her: Omg I love your letters! I think I'm rushing next semester!
Me: Thank you so much! And thats great...rushing is such a great thing to do.
Her: Yeahhh I'm soooo excited to rush, but I'm so nervous about pledging!
Me: Oh, why are you nervous for pledging? It's really a good experience, and sororities at this school do not haze.
Her: Well, I know in order to become a sister you have to suck the dick of every guy in whatever fraternity you girls choose. So, like, even though I'm TOTALLY ready to do that, I'm kinda nervous! Which frat do you girls blow?
Me: uhhhhhhhh....um....what?

Once I was over my speechlessness, I attempted to assure her that no, no one actually does that. She didn't believe me, but...at least I tried.

So, low and behold, blowjob girl decides to rush.

At a rush party, she kept going on about how much she looooooved us in the creepiest way possible. How much she loved our colors, how she has "a shitload" of crescent jewelry, and how excited she was to be a future sister of Betsey Johnson (I guess she confused us with Alpha Xi Delta). She went on to tell my sister how much she loved our badge, and how she was looking for one on ebay so she could be ready for her initiation.

To put things shortly, she is not a new member in our house.

You had the opportunity to potential drastically improve relations with whatever Fraternity you chose, and you threw it all away...

I haven't seen a lot of guys post on this thing, but I can assure you that there are plenty of weird things that go on.

So we were having this recruitment event at an arcade. We drove all of the guys there and there was this one guy who was particularly quiet. I tried to start a conversation with him several times. Typically, I can have a conversation with drywall, but this guy was possibly the single most difficult person in the world to talk to.

Anyway, it seemed like he wasn't having any fun, so I go up to him and ask him if he wants to play one of the two player games with me. I play him, I beat him, and (as a joke) I say, "well that was a test, and it looks like you're not getting in".

He walks away laugh-less (everyone has bombed a joke at least once during recruitment). Sits in a corner and is on the verge of tears for the rest of the event. I gave him some time before I walked up and apologized and let him know it was a joke (I felt so bad at this point I was ready to give him a bid just to stop the guilt). He seems to feel better and told me that he really wanted to join, but he always had such a hard time talking to people and thought he was always going to say something stupid if he tried. We talked a little bit, and he was finally beginning to open up.

I tell him, "hey, let's break an IFC rule and ditch to get some pizza". He looks at me with a terrified look. It was at this point that I turn around and see a furious woman screaming, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" directly at me.

Yep. He called his mom to pick him up. He was having such a bad time that he thought his best option would be to call his mom and tell her what an asshole I was being. His mother proceeded to berate me for the next 20 minutes telling me what a terrible person I was to pick on her son. Not only was it incredibly awkward for me and him, but pretty much every other person was staring at us for the entire ordeal.

No, in case you are wondering, he did not get a bid.

LucyKKG 03-05-2010 01:56 AM

^^ Wow, that's insane! I'm sure his mom is the reason he's all messed up anyway!

XAntoftheSkyX 03-05-2010 03:56 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/wspem8.jpg

Wow.

33girl 03-05-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyKKG (Post 1904313)
^^ Wow, that's insane! I'm sure his mom is the reason he's all messed up anyway!

I don't even want to think what that guy would have been like at a mixer. YIPES. Maybe he and blowjob girl should get together.

MaggieXi 03-05-2010 05:14 PM

This isn't a weird rush story as much as the 2309794673061527th reminder that pushy heli-moms have no place in recruitment:

A legacy goes to school at a semi-competitive school in the south. She is from the Northeast. Heli-mommy sent emails and called the recruitment chair and president of the chapter many many times over the summer and during the fall to tell them how wonderful her daughter is. Giving them weekly updates about how excited her perfect pretty princess daughter is about joining the sorority and all the achievements she has done in her lifetime.

Recruitment rolled around in the winter, and daughter went through. The only thing the daughter would talk about is how she wanted to make her relationship better with her mom by joining the same sorority, how she wanted to be more like her mom, and how close she and her mom were, and how her mom wanted to be apart of her sorority experience. Round after round even with the most experienced rusher - the daughter would only talk about her mom. The running joke was that the PNM wasn't looking for a sisterhood, she was looking for a "momhood".

Eventually the sorority dropped the daughter and notified heli-mom. Living up to her true title as a heli-mom, screamed, ranted and raved about the daughter being cut. The heli-mom vowed to contact all the people at nationals and get the sorority in trouble for cutting the perfect pretty princess.

The daughter ended up getting a bid to another sorority, a very good one on campus, however dropped shortly thereafter. Other sorority actives who knew the girl said she dropped it because her mom made her and she was planning to re-rush the legacy sorority again next year.

twinkle555 03-05-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieXi (Post 1904537)
This isn't a weird rush story as much as the 2309794673061527th reminder that pushy heli-moms have no place in recruitment:

A legacy goes to school at a semi-competitive school in the south. She is from the Northeast. Heli-mommy sent emails and called the recruitment chair and president of the chapter many many times over the summer and during the fall to tell them how wonderful her daughter is. Giving them weekly updates about how excited her perfect pretty princess daughter is about joining the sorority and all the achievements she has done in her lifetime.

Recruitment rolled around in the winter, and daughter went through. The only thing the daughter would talk about is how she wanted to make her relationship better with her mom by joining the same sorority, how she wanted to be more like her mom, and how close she and her mom were, and how her mom wanted to be apart of her sorority experience. Round after round even with the most experienced rusher - the daughter would only talk about her mom. The running joke was that the PNM wasn't looking for a sisterhood, she was looking for a "momhood".

Eventually the sorority dropped the daughter and notified heli-mom. Living up to her true title as a heli-mom, screamed, ranted and raved about the daughter being cut. The heli-mom vowed to contact all the people at nationals and get the sorority in trouble for cutting the perfect pretty princess.

The daughter ended up getting a bid to another sorority, a very good one on campus, however dropped shortly thereafter. Other sorority actives who knew the girl said she dropped it because her mom made her and she was planning to re-rush the legacy sorority again next year.

Wooow..that is sad.

IUHoosiergirl88 03-06-2010 01:18 AM

There were many, many entertaining rush stories and quotes from PNMs but my two favorites were not in conversation, but on PNM info cards

Info card #1 had the normal picture, HS activities, etc, but at the bottom it also said 'I was hit by a car going 55 miles per hour'. WHY???

Info card #2 had the picture but just said 'My first car was a red 2007 Hummer H2'.

twinkle555 03-06-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 (Post 1904629)
There were many, many entertaining rush stories and quotes from PNMs but my two favorites were not in conversation, but on PNM info cards

Info card #1 had the normal picture, HS activities, etc, but at the bottom it also said 'I was hit by a car going 55 miles per hour'. WHY???

Info card #2 had the picture but just said 'My first car was a red 2007 Hummer H2'.

Info card #1 obviously just wanted to share her near death fun fact with you lol

girl #2 is just a snob that thinks she can get in based on her vehicle...maybe she was the one that hit girl #1?

AlphaFrog 03-07-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieXi (Post 1904537)
her mom wanted to be apart of her sorority experience.

The sorority can only wish.;)

naraht 03-08-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 1904910)
The sorority can only wish.;)

Agreed. I have seen what can only be described as the ultimate other end of the scale.

Alpha Phi Omega (co-ed fraternity) chapter invites relatively recent past national president (PNP) to brotherhood ceremony. The PNP shows up at the brotherhood ceremony (about 30 miles from his house) only to find that his daughter was one of the pledges being initiated that evening. His daughter not only hadn't told the PNP, apparently she hadn't told the chapter about being the daughter of the PNP until after she went through the pledging ceremony.

carnation 06-14-2010 08:44 AM

bump for summertime recruitment entertainment

aephi alum 06-14-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 1942664)
bump for summertime recruitment entertainment

Drat! I thought you had a story to share, carnation! ;)

IrishLake 06-14-2010 08:21 PM

I can't think of any insanely funny experiences... but there was one girl, just a weirdo all the way around. She was dropped from us. We knew she was rushing us hardcore, and she was a sophomore so she knew a lot about the groups on campus. She suicided us going into pref, and she was dropped (for various worthwhile reasons). She was devestated. She ended up accepting a snap bid to another chapter. Then she ended up toiletpapering the bushes of our house, and egging the windows and porch as well. She ended up depledging from her group a few days before initiation. She kept bugging several sisters, from my chapter and the other 2 chapters on the campus, if we were doing informal rush in the spring. We weren't. She would call the houses, call the off campus associated houses, show up on "The Floor" (the dorm reserved for sophomore sorority members). Funnily enough, the only chapter that ever consistently did spring informal was the group she depledged from. She rushed again the following fall as a junior, and was dropped by all of the houses. She was a pretty girl, but crazy as hell.

FSUZeta 06-14-2010 08:46 PM

me too!

lovespink88 06-14-2010 08:50 PM

Wrong thread?? ^^ lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.