GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

XAntoftheSkyX 02-10-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895205)
Stop trolling me. I havent said anything stupid in this thread. Troll.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ngxeo2.jpg

KSUViolet06 02-10-2010 01:34 AM

If "Weird Rush Stories" gets locked again, I will cut somebody.

Don't make me pull this car over.

Preston327 02-10-2010 01:37 AM

To contribute to this thread in an *ahem* meaningful way:

When I went to an XYZ informational meeting last semester one of the prospective members was telling the actives about how his grandpa was an XYZ during WWII and "kept the soldiers' girls company." The actives laughed but I thought it was slightly odd that he'd brag about his legacy grandfather's sex life of 60 years ago.

Kazekuro 02-10-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895205)
Stop trolling me. I havent said anything stupid in this thread. Troll.


Oh look it's someone who automatically assumes just because people don't agree with them they are getting trolled.

Bring that drama to your Mama honey and please- you're in college. Punctuation is your friend.

ADPiTigergurl 02-10-2010 01:47 AM

Ok so now that I have read this ENTIRE thread in a 4 day period its time to tell mine.

Ok so i went through rush this fall. It was formal and there was one sorority XYZ, who I hadn't been in love with all week but they were ok and I kept gettign asked back so it was all good. Well one night of recruitment, the sister I was talking to was talking about their symbols and colors etc. I brought up that SYMBOL was so big right now and they were everywhere and super cute. SO she then proceeds to tell me about this bra and panty set that target has that not only hav e SYMBOL on them but also come in XYZ colors. She keeps talking about this underwear set and how every sister in the chapter has them, and that the local Taget didnt have some girls size so a few of them roadtripped 4 hours to a concert, stopping at every target they passed until they found every size they needed (for all the girls n the chapter). And I'm just like oh thats neat, and I bet that was a cool bonding experience. I mean what was I suppose to say????? Then the bumper comes over and the sister is like "Oh we were just talking about underwear, you know the ones with the Symbol on them." And the bumper responds with "Oh I love mine, I'm wearing the bra now!" And proceeds to pull the strap out to prove she is and to show me what they look like. I was so confused! But I got invited back the next day, so I guess I can hold my own amongst underwear conversations.

Kazekuro 02-10-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1895221)
If "Weird Rush Stories" gets locked again, I will cut somebody.

Don't make me pull this car over.


Sorry Ma'am.

Psi U MC Vito 02-10-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895232)
You should be. Trolling me out of nowhere.

Dude, you are the one who came out of nowhere and pretty much said that our fraternities, which we have sworn our oaths too, are worthless.

Kazekuro 02-10-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookAtMeImADelt (Post 1895232)
You should be. Trolling me out of nowhere.


I wasn't trolling you, you simply were complaining that everyone who wasn't agreeing with you was trolling you. I was pointing out that they weren't. Example: Ant posts pictures to every thread he is in. Trolling is to have malicious intent. I did not. Simple wit and observation. But what do I know I'm just a woman with a brain in my head.


...scary.

XAntoftheSkyX 02-10-2010 02:16 AM

http://i47.tinypic.com/23gzo6f.jpg

chickenoodle 02-10-2010 02:43 AM

Here's hoping to get this thread back on track...

While tabling, a prospect came up out of nowhere and hugged one of the brothers and kissed her on the head. The prospect met the brother the night before at an event, and they had no prior interaction. It was pretty awkward.

(IBTL?)

xomanadaxo 02-10-2010 09:04 AM

(I'm ignoring the whole troll discussion cuz I don't want this thread locked...)
We use candles during our pref night ceremony, and at one point we all go around the circle and each say something before blowing out the candle. My big went to blow out her candle and somehow managed to get candle wax in her eye in the middle of our very solemn pref ceremony! Fortunately she was near the door so she could get out quickly and take care of it. We still laugh about it, though!

twinkle555 02-10-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xomanadaxo (Post 1895283)
(I'm ignoring the whole troll discussion cuz I don't want this thread locked...)
We use candles during our pref night ceremony, and at one point we all go around the circle and each say something before blowing out the candle. My big went to blow out her candle and somehow managed to get candle wax in her eye in the middle of our very solemn pref ceremony! Fortunately she was near the door so she could get out quickly and take care of it. We still laugh about it, though!

OMG that sounds horrible

als463 02-10-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADPiTigergurl (Post 1895227)
Ok so now that I have read this ENTIRE thread in a 4 day period its time to tell mine.

Ok so i went through rush this fall. It was formal and there was one sorority XYZ, who I hadn't been in love with all week but they were ok and I kept gettign asked back so it was all good. Well one night of recruitment, the sister I was talking to was talking about their symbols and colors etc. I brought up that SYMBOL was so big right now and they were everywhere and super cute. SO she then proceeds to tell me about this bra and panty set that target has that not only hav e SYMBOL on them but also come in XYZ colors. She keeps talking about this underwear set and how every sister in the chapter has them, and that the local Taget didnt have some girls size so a few of them roadtripped 4 hours to a concert, stopping at every target they passed until they found every size they needed (for all the girls n the chapter). And I'm just like oh thats neat, and I bet that was a cool bonding experience. I mean what was I suppose to say????? Then the bumper comes over and the sister is like "Oh we were just talking about underwear, you know the ones with the Symbol on them." And the bumper responds with "Oh I love mine, I'm wearing the bra now!" And proceeds to pull the strap out to prove she is and to show me what they look like. I was so confused! But I got invited back the next day, so I guess I can hold my own amongst underwear conversations.

Hahahaha...Sadly enough, you can say it. It was a Phi Mu chapter. They also have Phi Mu "symbol" type of bathing suits at Target, as well.

Ghostwriter 02-10-2010 02:02 PM

Okay, so it is 1978 and we are having a Rush party at our house. We would normally meet guys on campus bring them over to the house which back then was about 5 miles away and drink, talk, play foosball, pool and poker. The drinking age then was 18 and we would occasionally check ID's of people who show up on their own. This kid shows up and he is not in college and not even 18 (he is 16). We escort him to the door and he leaves. Around 11:00 p.m. when the Sororities and Little Sisters have arrived and the beer and liquor is flowing we hear "Blam, Blam, Blam". I am outside on the patio and everyone hits the ground. The idiot has come back to the house p.o.'d about being shown the door and is standing behind a big oak tree firing at us with a rifle. Luckily he didn't hit anyone and some of the brothers (not me) jumped him and held him until the police came. I don't think we pressed charges but he scared the heck out of us.

The party continued and a great time was had by all. (from what I remember)

ASTalumna06 02-10-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als463 (Post 1895380)
Hahahaha...Sadly enough, you can say it. It was a Phi Mu chapter. They also have Phi Mu "symbol" type of bathing suits at Target, as well.

See, I was thinking anchors. But who knows. :p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.