GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

*EtaNu*ADPi* 08-17-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GoldDustRhia
...While I was being hard rushed after the ceremony, the girl who was hard rushing me grabbed my hand, looked me straight in the eye and told me "I can see you being president of this sorority one day." I was freaking out because I knew that both of those things were HUGE rush infractions. Who says that to a PMN? Needless to say I only ranked 2/3 houses that night...

Is this considered bid promising though? I am trying to understand all these things as I will be on the "other side" of Rush for the first time this year. (Not that I would ever say that to a PNM! :p )

KSUViolet06 08-17-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by *EtaNu*ADPi*
Is this considered bid promising though? I am trying to understand all these things as I will be on the "other side" of Rush for the first time this year. (Not that I would ever say that to a PNM! :p )
That's not a bid promise. It WOULD be if she'd said "You WILL be president of XYZ.".

Lindz928 08-17-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JocelynC
That's not a bid promise. It WOULD be if she'd said "You WILL be president of XYZ.".
Yeah, she didn't promise a bid- she just made herself look a little bit weird. Hehe. ;)

ADPi Conniebama 08-17-2005 08:38 PM

I remember how "faint" the dirty rushing line was.

For instance, you can say " I will see you tomarrow" (cause no matter what you could see that pm the next day) but you can't say "WE will see you tomarrow". That "WE" is so important.

Also, you can say "you are in the right place" cause they are in the right place. I mean their gamma chi brought them there. But, you can't say "XYZ is the place for you."

However, it is funny because the pm usually only hears what they want to hear anyway. I mean if they like your sorority then they want to hear you say you like them too, but if they aren't interested then they think you are assuming too much and they don't want to hear you say "see you tomarrow".

You know sometimes I wish we were more like male fraternities. I mean when they want to give a bid to someone they just take them upstairs and give them a bid.

Oh well, this is how it is. I guess it has worked for over 100 years so no reason to change it now.

KSUViolet06 09-03-2005 12:35 AM

It's that time of year again-bump!

Taualumna 09-17-2005 11:38 PM

Awwww...c'mon people....I can't believe that there aren't any weird stories to tell!!!! :)

Jestor 09-24-2005 05:14 AM

Should I tell my amusing rush story from this year in here too, or would that be excessive, since I put it in my recruitment thread? :D

Jestor 09-24-2005 05:15 AM

dola,

This thread is one of the most hilarious I've ever read in my history of forums surfing and posting.

LightBulb 09-24-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jestor
Should I tell my amusing rush story from this year in here too, or would that be excessive, since I put it in my recruitment thread? :D
share! :)

Jestor 09-25-2005 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LightBulb
share! :)
Okay, during rush this year, I visited each house on campus a second time on pref night, one of the advantages of the laid-back fraternity system here.

I'm standing in the hall, talking to a few of the other rushees when I smell a very familiar scent.

The president's girlfriend had joined us at that point. I looked at her, grinned and said, "You're wearing Passionate Kisses."

"Oh my god yes!! That's exactly what I'm wearing!! How did you know?!"

I smiled and replied, "I work at Victoria's Secret back in my hometown."

By this time the President had come by as well and heard this. He and the rushees' eyes both got large, with these looks of awe and reverence on their faces. El Presidente recovers and says, "We have *got* to keep this guy around!"

I got a bid from them, but turned it down in favour of my #1 choice.

Just goes to show though, you never know when something might happen that scores you a bid. :D

TigerOwl 09-25-2005 11:50 AM

Ding, ding, ding! We have a WINNER! Each story gets better and better!

Lindz928 09-26-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lilsunshine214
I have one from yesterday. Not weird, but definitely rude!

2nd party is philanthropy day and we had some markers and paper set out for the PNMs to make a craft. One woman took a piece of paper and a marker and wrote out her top three list of sororities right in front of me! For the rest of the party her arms were crossed. When any sister tried to engage her in conversation, she ignored them or blew them off!

Personally, I believe that when a PNM acts like this, you have every right to turn and talk to someone else and ignore her. How unbelievably rude.

kddani 09-26-2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lindz928
Personally, I believe that when a PNM acts like this, you have every right to turn and talk to someone else and ignore her. How unbelievably rude.
Lol, I also personally believe that sisters who are friends with sisters of those particular GLOs should pass on this info.

BetteDavisEyes 09-26-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lilsunshine214
I have one from yesterday. Not weird, but definitely rude!

2nd party is philanthropy day and we had some markers and paper set out for the PNMs to make a craft. One woman took a piece of paper and a marker and wrote out her top three list of sororities right in front of me! For the rest of the party her arms were crossed. When any sister tried to engage her in conversation, she ignored them or blew them off!

Yup. Had one girl do this throughout rush. She was rude, mutinous, & just plain mean. She wouldn't even set foot in our house b/c she was convinced that she was going XYZ. She sat outside with the Rho Gammas & only talked to a few of them b/c she was convinced that these 2 particular girls were from XYZ house. To her shock, XYZ house did not extend her a bid & the two Rho Gamma's she was convinced were members of that house were in actuality, a member of my chapter & a Tri-Delt. I haven't heard if she tried again this year but I'm going to find out.

GeekyPenguin 09-26-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lindz928
I think you should tell Panhellenic and she should be released.