GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

nongreekloser 12-12-2004 11:48 PM

I didn't do anything weird or wrong, just got cut from every house. i'm not a weirdo, apparently just a loser who was good enough to get a bid.

KSUViolet06 12-13-2004 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nongreekloser
I didn't do anything weird or wrong, just got cut from every house. i'm not a weirdo, apparently just a loser who was good enough to get a bid.

You know what hun, if you had that same negative "woe is me I'm a loser" attitude going through rush, no wonder you didn't. :rolleyes:

kddani 12-13-2004 12:06 AM

they're just a troll trying to start isht...

nongreekloser 12-13-2004 12:07 AM

No, I had very positive attitude, and used to be a very happy, outgoing, genuine, and positive person.

Apparently I was aloser and didn't know it.

sugar and spice 12-13-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

No, I had very positive attitude, and used to be a very happy, outgoing, genuine, and positive person.

Here's the more important question: were you sweet and cute?

nongreekloser 12-13-2004 12:13 AM

I am a sweet person. Dunno if I'm "cute" I dressed nice. Maybe I was judged by my appearance you mean?

nongreekloser 12-13-2004 12:15 AM

because I rushed in the spring and got cut by all 11 housese. i got COB'd by one house and didn't get a bid. Wasn't allowed to be a memeber of a new colony. Rushed again in the fall and didn't get one ivite after the first day.

ADPiZXalum 12-13-2004 12:40 AM

Quote:

What is it with you and this whole being a loser thing? YOu know, if you tell other people that you're a loser long enough, they will start to believe you.

adpiucf 12-13-2004 11:40 AM

You might want to talk with a school counselor if your depression continues. Rejection can be tough, and especially rejection from other women. College-age is about the time that many mental illnesses begin to show up, and they are treatable. If your mood is persistent, please do get help. It could be for the best you didn't take a bid in recruitment, as you need to focus on getting better and developing a stronger sense of self. Meanwhile, remember that school is a top priority! Surround yourself with friends and family and get involved on campus! There are dozens of fun activities and clubs!

epsilon99 12-13-2004 12:54 PM

The selection process can be very finicky. Although I know you are upset I would not take it personally. It is a flawed process.

m0rgan 12-31-2004 06:11 AM

nongreekloser

Where did you come from, nongreekloser? What is your story? I've read through your twelve posts and they're so depressing.

"Doesn't matter, you'll still get cut even if you tell the truth."

"God, now I wonder about all the nasty things that were said behind my back..."

"I guess if it this holds true, then I'm right-I'm not good enough to be greek and I'm not meant to be. Therefore, I'm not in a sorority."

Surely you have other things going for you? Family, school, friends, religion, clubs and other organizations?

33girl 12-31-2004 11:26 AM

nongreekloser was a troll of the sort we get here often. We tried to help her but she obviously didn't want help - unless we could have told her how to force a sorority to take her. She went away, and no one is very upset.

KDwxgrrl 01-04-2005 02:40 PM

Getting this fabulous thread back on topic...

We're on break right now from open house day, and I had to throw this up there. Group of sisters and PNM having a relatively normal conversation, when this girl says "So I've heard that if you get a bid, then you have to prove your worth. So let's say I pledge KD, if I get a bid, how do I prove my worthiness?" And the girls all look at each other like "WHAT?" And one sister goes "Um, that's hazing, no." And another says "Um, if you get a bid it means you are worthy."

I heart Recruitment!

lyrica9 01-11-2005 09:02 AM

i thought for sure i had already posted this, but i guess not...

this past fall we had a very overly enthusiastic girl on second day that was sitting at my table. she was really bubbly and loud, to the extent that i thought she was somewhat pretending at times, but oh no, she was not.
she kept punching my arm, which was weird, but the disorienting part was when we were talking about shoes, and i commented on how i liked that mine added 3 inches to my height since im 4'11".

then when i stood up she shouted "oh my god you are just the cutest thing ever!" and grabbed me in a bone crushing hug. i didn't know how to react at all. she was a real sweetheart.. just kind of socially inept.

LightBulb 01-12-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lyrica9
...and i commented on how i liked that mine added 3 inches to my height since im 4'11".

then when i stood up she shouted "oh my god you are just the cutest thing ever!" and grabbed me in a bone crushing hug. i didn't know how to react at all...

My big sis is 4'10", and people say that to her all the time! lol

I think it bugs her at times.