GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

HotDamnImAPhiMu 09-21-2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JocelynC
We had a girl come through on philanthropy night- our most casual night of rush- wearing a lingerie top, a TINY pink skirt with very large bruises on her neck and chest that we all really think were hickies.

Not only did she have hickies on her neck, but during 3rd party (house tours) she criticized girls' rooms in our house and rolled her eyes throughout the whole tour AND the slide show!

We dubbed her "hickie girl" and cut her that same night. She ended up going to another chapter and we were quite pleased.

Sidenote: when I rushed, Phi Mu noticed the bruises on my upper arms and neck. Some were old, some were new. From what I can gather they almost cut me -- I looked like a domestic violence victim. Clearly I either had serious issues at home or got in fights a lot when I went out. But I told them I didn't have a boyfriend and lived in an apartment alone and didn't drink, and was able to trick them otherwise into thinking I'm a sweet girl worthy of the badge ;) so they picked me up.

My bruises are from a bleeding disorder called von Willebrand's disease. It's not contagious, and there's not much I can do to fix it except wear long sleeves.... which of course would've looked pretty strange in August in Virginia!

Just pointing out, things aren't always as they seem. Though I must admit I didn't show up to rush in my lingerie!

KSUViolet06 09-21-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu

Just pointing out, things aren't always as they seem.

Oh no hun- we didn't cut her exclusively for THAT. We DID invite her back for 3rd, it was her awful attitude and honestly inappropriate choice of attitude that got her cut.

BetteDavisEyes 09-21-2004 05:03 PM

There was this one girl who kept talking to herself. She would say things like, "Just breathe. If you like them, they'll like you." "Don't screw this up. They are watching every move you make." It went on for Day 1 and Day 2. We did not invite her back to pref when she started talking about how everyone else had dropped her & she'd just die if we dropped her too. She was creepy & would harass her Rho Gamma we later learned about the things she would change & do WHEN she became President. :rolleyes:

PhoenixAzul 09-21-2004 05:05 PM

Man is this embarassing, because it's about ME.

During rush, our last house was the Owls house. Well, I went through and all that jazz, kinda got the feeling that I wasn't what they were looking for, and they weren't really what I was looking for. Not to say they aren't awesome girls, but just not the right house for me. So my PX group got broken up and we just went to different spaces in the house to talk about different things (philanthropy, history, etc). Well, my little group got done first, and we were just sitting in the parlor talking to a few of their actives. I noticed they had these HUGE real stuffed owls on the wall. So in an attempt to be polite and make witty banter, I said, "I'm from a town that's pretty heavily polish catholic, and many polish believe that it is a death omen to have owls or any pictures of owls in the house." You could have heard a pin drop. I felt AWFUL! I had just insulted their mascot!!!! I apologized, but I didn't end up getting a bid from them (wonder why?)...I felt TERRIBLE and still do to this day.

BetteDavisEyes 09-21-2004 05:31 PM

That's actually pretty freaking funny!
:D
Made me laugh & smile for the first time in days. Thanks!

Taualumna 09-22-2004 09:13 PM

1.) This one might sound mean: When I was calling up PNMs to remind them about recruitment, one girl didn't realize that sororities are for girls only and told me that she was no longer interested. She is ESL, so I guess she wasn't familiar with the whole Greek thing.

2.) I was sitting outside of one of the houses with another RC, waiting for the PNMs to come out of pref when a random girl walked by the house and shouted "Is that the ABC house???!!! I was an ABC at (her old school)!!!!!!

Amalia17 09-22-2004 11:57 PM

$

BetteDavisEyes 09-23-2004 01:44 AM

We had one girl recently that sat during the entire Pref ceremony with her arms crossed & a mutinous expression on her face. She kept rolling her eyes & clucking her tongue. I was only too happy she did not join my GLO. What a weirdo.

HotDamnImAPhiMu 09-23-2004 08:34 AM

Are you a recruitment counselor? What's with the sig?

Taualumna 09-23-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

My sig? If so, yes, I was an RC this year.

HotDamnImAPhiMu 09-23-2004 11:09 AM

I meant BetteDavisEyes', but that sure explains the 2 wk absence :)

cash78mere 09-23-2004 08:58 PM

i don't know if she is a rc or not but her sig "says" (and i put it in quotes because it clearly isn't greek)

i am a sorority unto myself
let's cut the crap and have some fun

ExoticSarah 09-23-2004 10:31 PM

hahahahahaha :eek:

pinkyphimu 09-24-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amalia17
Probably has happened before at a number of schools, but during pref tea ritual a PNM's cell went off and not only did she answer it, but she actually talked on the phone during the party. She did not end up at that sorority, but she joined another. I thought that was pretty disrespectful.
how rude...but funny, at the same time. of course it is not funny in a room full of alumnae in the middle of the night at bid matching when that happens!

BetteDavisEyes 09-25-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Actually, I have been on GC for quite a while but had to retire me earlier persona. I have had to get a new name & make no mention of my GLO affiliation so that's why I kinda goofed around & made up my new one. Some of you might actually figure out who I used to be. ;)