GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Halloween Costume (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=80451)

BobbyTheDon 09-04-2006 02:07 PM

Halloween Costume

I want to be a Cobrai Kai for Halloween. No, not the simple black karate robe. I want to be the skeleton Cobrai Kai
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room19/502692/b.jpg

seriously. someone please help me. I can't find this costume ANYWHERE online. I am willing to pay top money for this costume. I already have a great asshole cobra kai laugh. now all I need is the costume!

No Shelter! I have no shelter...

JonInKC 09-04-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyTheDon
I want to be a Cobrai Kai for Halloween. No, not the simple black karate robe. I want to be the skeleton Cobrai Kai

seriously. someone please help me. I can't find this costume ANYWHERE online. I am willing to pay top money for this costume. I already have a great asshole cobra kai laugh. now all I need is the costume!

No Shelter! I have no shelter...

You may just have to try and find the things seperately. For instance, the spandex skeleton costume...some face paint. I don't know. When life gives you AIDS make Lemon-Aid I guess.

SoCalGirl 09-04-2006 06:28 PM

http://www.partycity.com/images/full/products/95711.jpg

This one is from Party City. http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/par...&originaltype=

DolphinChicaDDD 09-04-2006 06:31 PM

I want to be Princess Zelda for Halloween.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Too bad I don't feel like going through the process of posting pictures today.

Unregistered- 09-04-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD
I want to be Princess Zelda for Halloween.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Too bad I don't feel like going through the process of posting pictures today.

Pfft. Everyone knows that the Final Fantasy girls are TEH HOT.

In all seriousness though, I think I'm going to recycle Kili's Beer Wench outfit from last year. That's if I can't find anything from Backseat Betty's on Kapiolani.

DolphinChicaDDD 10-06-2006 08:14 PM

I'm bumping this thread because its the most recent Halloween thread.

I need to start thinking about costumes for my brother's halloween party. So far, I've thought about
flight attendent
wearing a blue dress and devil horns

But I don't really like either of those ideas either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTW (Post 1313305)
In all seriousness though, I think I'm going to recycle Kili's Beer Wench outfit from last year.

Thats an awesome costume, and I kinda wanted to pay for it to be shipped here to borrow for halloween, haha. I was thinking of stealing the idea, trying to make my own over here. But I think in the end, I'm gonna be too damn lazy.

valkyrie 10-06-2006 09:57 PM

I want to go as the blonde flight attendant from Snakes on a Plane, but I can't find a REAL, good-quality flight attendant uniform ANYWHERE. WTF.

DolphinChicaDDD 10-06-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie (Post 1334985)
I want to go as the blonde flight attendant from Snakes on a Plane, but I can't find a REAL, good-quality flight attendant uniform ANYWHERE. WTF.

Thats my problem! All I get are slutty flight attendant costumes.

valkyrie 10-06-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD (Post 1334988)
Thats my problem! All I get are slutty flight attendant costumes.

Seriously, and they're totally crappy poor-quality shit. I can't wear that, LOL.

ETA: Any ready-made costume that includes the word "sexy" is LAME. Sexy flight attendant! Sexy nurse! Sexy devil! JUST NO.

AGDee 10-07-2006 05:29 AM

This is a peeve of mine too. It's really hard finding a decent costume for a "tween" who is in women's sizes and all the costumes in women's sizes are just plain sleazy. My daughter is having a rough time finding something appropriate.

As for me.. I'm boring. I invested in a really nice Renassaince type dress costume a few years ago and just use it every year. I was bored with that last year, so, for the Cub Scout Halloween party, I just wore all black, put big black circles under my eyes, ratted my hair up and was just sorta freaky/scary. I told the parents who asked that I was a menopausal mom...

Taualumna 10-07-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 1335062)
This is a peeve of mine too. It's really hard finding a decent costume for a "tween" who is in women's sizes and all the costumes in women's sizes are just plain sleazy. My daughter is having a rough time finding something appropriate.

As for me.. I'm boring. I invested in a really nice Renassaince type dress costume a few years ago and just use it every year. I was bored with that last year, so, for the Cub Scout Halloween party, I just wore all black, put big black circles under my eyes, ratted my hair up and was just sorta freaky/scary. I told the parents who asked that I was a menopausal mom...

What does your daughter want to be? Maybe you two can make something together?

Buttonz 10-07-2006 12:24 PM

I have a Cat in the Hat costumem that I brought for a friends birthday party last year that I used last year that I'll use this year if I dress up.

CutiePie2000 10-08-2006 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie (Post 1334985)

I saw one here in Canuckland, that was not necessarily "sexy" (but not frumpy either). It was kinda retro looking. It was blue and had sorta orange trim, and came with a scarf and a hat. It was feminine in a retro-60's sort of way, without being a slutty costume.

GeekyPenguin 10-08-2006 08:56 PM

I wanted to reprise my pro-choice shotgun wedding bride costume from two years ago, but we're going to a party with a competition for best couples costume, so now I am trying to think of something good for the Conservinator and I to be - I kind of want to do Hansel and Gretel but he's not a big fan of that idea.

DolphinChicaDDD 10-08-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin (Post 1335642)
I wanted to reprise my pro-choice shotgun wedding bride costume from two years ago, but we're going to a party with a competition for best couples costume, so now I am trying to think of something good for the Conservinator and I to be - I kind of want to do Hansel and Gretel but he's not a big fan of that idea.

My friend did Raggady Ann and Andy. Except she was Andy and he was Ann.

BadSquirrelBeta 10-08-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 1335062)
I told the parents who asked that I was a menopausal mom...

Yes, one could certainly be "Ovarene"...Halloween or not. LOL

AlexMack 10-08-2006 09:21 PM

I'm going to be a tower. My boyfriend's going to be a plane.

Hey, if you can't laugh about it, you're letting the terrorists win!

Glitter650 10-09-2006 01:11 PM

Two of my friends and I are going to be the Powerpuff girls.

#3 Tsunami 10-09-2006 01:29 PM

Im going as an ADULT for halloween....
That requires that you just put on your regular clothes...

aephi alum 10-09-2006 06:50 PM

DH and I checked out the local costume shop yesterday. I found a nice red-and-black long dress, but I haven't decided how to accessorize it yet. It's called "Countess" but you could do a vampire look with it... except I can't pull it off - who ever heard of a vampire with a tan? :p

DH found a "samurai" costume. Just one thing: It's bright orange. When he stepped out of the dressing room to model it for me, I burst out laughing. When I could breathe again, I told him he looked like a pumpkin. He was not happy with me. I'm such a bad wife...

Speaking of "sexy" costumes, about 60% of the costumes for adult women were "sexy" something-or-other. Sexy vampire, sexy cat, sexy purple bunny, you get the idea. I even found a "Sexy Raggedy Ann" costume that was a midriff-baring blue top, a blue miniskirt with a little apron, a red yarn wig, and red-and-white striped stockings. That's just... wrong.

PM_Mama00 10-09-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aephi alum (Post 1336165)
DH and I checked out the local costume shop yesterday. I found a nice red-and-black long dress, but I haven't decided how to accessorize it yet. It's called "Countess" but you could do a vampire look with it... except I can't pull it off - who ever heard of a vampire with a tan? :p

DH found a "samurai" costume. Just one thing: It's bright orange. When he stepped out of the dressing room to model it for me, I burst out laughing. When I could breathe again, I told him he looked like a pumpkin. He was not happy with me. I'm such a bad wife...

Speaking of "sexy" costumes, about 60% of the costumes for adult women were "sexy" something-or-other. Sexy vampire, sexy cat, sexy purple bunny, you get the idea. I even found a "Sexy Raggedy Ann" costume that was a midriff-baring blue top, a blue miniskirt with a little apron, a red yarn wig, and red-and-white striped stockings. That's just... wrong.

I think I know which dress you're talking about. Was it one of those costumes in a bag? I bought one like that a few years ago and the vampire collar thing bugged me so I just dressed as the devil's bride. I made a black veil, wore with my sequined red devil ears, and made a bouquet out of fake red roses, a tiny pitchfork, and black veil material.

aephi alum 10-10-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 (Post 1336227)
I think I know which dress you're talking about. Was it one of those costumes in a bag? I bought one like that a few years ago and the vampire collar thing bugged me so I just dressed as the devil's bride. I made a black veil, wore with my sequined red devil ears, and made a bouquet out of fake red roses, a tiny pitchfork, and black veil material.

I did try on a dress like that, and I agree with you about the collar - which is why I didn't buy it. I got something similar, but without the collar.

Dionysus 10-13-2006 03:51 PM

I'm being ShamikaT.

adpiucf 10-13-2006 03:55 PM

I don't know what to be this year!

FSUZeta 10-13-2006 05:10 PM

how about a fanta girl?

33girl 10-13-2006 05:17 PM

I have a white graduation gown and a black graduation gown. Therefore, I'm going to be either an angel or a nun.

Anyone thinking of making snarky comments, shut up. :p

adpiucf 10-13-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSUZeta (Post 1338763)
how about a fanta girl?

Now I have that song in my head!

Want a Fanta? Doncha want a, wanta Fanta?

amycat412 10-13-2006 05:27 PM

Hooters girl. :)

valkyrie 10-13-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dionysus (Post 1338704)
I'm being ShamikaT.

And that's different from every other day how?

;)

AChiOhSnap 10-13-2006 06:18 PM

My boyfriend and I are going to a party hosted by the friend with the sickest sense of humor ever, and we're going to win his costume contest. The first prize goes to the girl with the most creative skank outfit, and to the guy with the most offensive costume.

The first prize is a box of Franzia, so I seriously need to win.

I'm going to be a kittykat prostitute. I stole the idea from an SNL skit about five years ago. If cat society had girl cats that sold themselves for money, that's what I'm going to be.

My boyfriend is going as Steve Irwin (complete with stuffed stingray attached to the safari shirt), but before you all get too horrified, at least he's not going as September 11.

Drolefille 10-15-2006 10:12 AM

Is he going as Dead Steve Irwin? (KInda zombie eyes/face?) That was the suggestion I'd heard for that costume.

RU OX Alum 10-15-2006 09:08 PM

How would some one dress up like Sept. 11? Have on half a tower suit??

AChiOhSnap 10-15-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1339284)
Is he going as Dead Steve Irwin? (KInda zombie eyes/face?) That was the suggestion I'd heard for that costume.

If I can get my BF to wear makeup I think we'll do that...maybe some seaweed in the hair too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RU OX Alum (Post 1339534)
How would some one dress up like Sept. 11? Have on half a tower suit??

I've seen people in "burning" tower costumes, or duo costumes as planes/skyscrapers. Or dressed as hijackers....the list of offensive 9/11 costume possibilities goes on and on!

steelepike 10-16-2006 01:58 AM

nothing special planned out yet. I might just reprise my role last year as "best man" and roam around in a tux while drunk.

squirrely girl 10-16-2006 09:29 AM

going as a pirate this year! yay!

KSig RC 10-16-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChiOhSnap (Post 1339625)
I've seen people in "burning" tower costumes, or duo costumes as planes/skyscrapers. Or dressed as hijackers....the list of offensive 9/11 costume possibilities goes on and on!

Yeah, all standard (and solid) - last year, the 'bad' costume contest around here had entries ranging from similar ones re: 9/11 to Survivor: Superdome. Anything is better than the 900000 lame "Snakes on a Plane" jokes that will inevitably win this year . . . however, in spite of that, Halloween is freaking awesome.

AlexMack 10-16-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChiOhSnap (Post 1339625)
If I can get my BF to wear makeup I think we'll do that...maybe some seaweed in the hair too?

What, you missed my post? I've decided on being a tower and boyf as a plane. The Steve Irwin costume is a fantastic idea. If my ability to make the tower costume falls through, I'm just gonna be Lara Croft. That's an easy costume and I have the body for it.

AlphaFrog 10-16-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur532 (Post 1340164)
That's an easy costume and I have the body for it.

Speaking of easy costumes, my daughter decided she wants to be Dora The Explorer this year...dressing a little hispanic girl as Dora...there's a challenge.:) Here is her last year as a Witch:

http://myspace-036.vo.llnwd.net/0083...36266036_m.jpg

DolphinChicaDDD 10-16-2006 03:53 PM

I decided I was going to do something simple and easy. Just buy a blue dress, and wear devil horns that I already own. Simple, easy.

EXCEPT I CAN'T FIND A FREAKIN BLUE DRESS IN MY SIZE THAT IS BELOW $50.

Drolefille 10-16-2006 04:11 PM

TJ Maxx? Or thrift stores? Ooh or consignment shops.