GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Risk Management - Hazing & etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   need advice (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=220564)

katiea123 08-25-2016 06:49 PM

need advice

okay so I'm in a sorority and I got pulled over with my friend(she was driving) and the cops ended up charging me with a minor consumption, possession of marijuana, and paraphernalia. does anyone know what will happen to me/if I will get kicked out of my house? I am freaking out

AZTheta 08-25-2016 06:55 PM

Best advice I can give you is to immediately contact your President and Chapter Advisor. Don't wait for them to find out about it.

Are you an active or a new member?

katiea123 08-25-2016 06:58 PM

they do know about it, I have an exec hearing on Monday, I'm not a new member I'm a sophomore

Titchou 08-25-2016 07:06 PM

All depends on your story and any other evidence you may have...witnesses,etc.

katiea123 08-25-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2417110)
All depends on your story and any other evidence you may have...witnesses,etc.

there were no witnesses, and that's pretty much what happened..but how likely is it that I will get terminated completely? because it didn't happen in the house, or even on campus for that matter

Titchou 08-25-2016 07:18 PM

No clue. What's happened to other folks? And will your friend who you were with come testify for you? No way to know.

katiea123 08-25-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2417113)
No clue. What's happened to other folks? And will your friend who you were with come testify for you? No way to know.

well my friend got a dui so she can't really testify for me, I've never gotten in trouble before; what usually happens at exec hearings?

Titchou 08-25-2016 07:34 PM

I'm not in your chapter! There is no way for me to know. However, the procedures should be published in some manual that you can read. Ask the chapter adviser or chapter president.

DubaiSis 08-25-2016 08:23 PM

You're going to have to live with the consequences of your actions. I would imagine that the laws of your state would come into play, but without knowing your own sorority and chapter by-laws, no one would be able to answer what the outcome will be. Don't justify or make excuses. Fess up, have a plan in place for how that is never going to happen again and throw yourself on their mercy. And for dog's sake, don't drive around with illegal stuff in the car. You should know better than that. I'm not going to tell you not to smoke weed, but if you live in a less progressive state you are REALLY inviting trouble. And the fact that she got a DUI is at least as distressing. Seriously, buzzed driving is drunk driving. The only answer is NONE. Uber is your friend. You could have killed someone and you'd be having a whole different discussion right now. Seriously. Killed.

katiea123 08-25-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubaiSis (Post 2417120)
You're going to have to live with the consequences of your actions. I would imagine that the laws of your state would come into play, but without knowing your own sorority and chapter by-laws, no one would be able to answer what the outcome will be. Don't justify or make excuses. Fess up, have a plan in place for how that is never going to happen again and throw yourself on their mercy. And for dog's sake, don't drive around with illegal stuff in the car. You should know better than that. I'm not going to tell you not to smoke weed, but if you live in a less progressive state you are REALLY inviting trouble. And the fact that she got a DUI is at least as distressing. Seriously, buzzed driving is drunk driving. The only answer is NONE. Uber is your friend. You could have killed someone and you'd be having a whole different discussion right now. Seriously. Killed.

okay I didn't need all that Input all I wanted to know is if I'm gonna get kicked out of my housing. and we don't have uber in the city I'm in so yeah, irrelevant.

Titchou 08-25-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiea123 (Post 2417121)
okay I didn't need all that Input all I wanted to know is if I'm gonna get kicked out of my housing. and we don't have uber in the city I'm in so yeah, irrelevant.

Yeah but there are taxis,sober sisters, etc, etc, etc. Own up and beg for mercy.

And if all you are worried about is losing your housing, you've got bigger issues you should be worried about. You may get to be the guest of the county...

FSUZeta 08-25-2016 08:46 PM

Go in with that attitude and your hearing will be over really quick.

My sorority calls the meeting you are scheduled to have next week a judiciary meeting. Girls who had better outcomes came in contrite and were willing to listen and work within the parameters the judicial board set. I would suggest you do likewise. Try to remain calm and state the facts. Try not to get emotional or personal.

IndianaSigKap 08-25-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiea123 (Post 2417121)

Yes, you asked for opinions. She gave you an opinion. You did not quantify the parameters of the responses you desired. Remember you are posting on a message board full of college educated men and women. Take the opinions for what they are, opinions. No need to get bent out of shape.

TLLK 08-25-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap (Post 2417125)
Yes, you asked for opinions. She gave you an opinion. You did not quantify the parameters of the responses you desired. Remember you are posting on a message board full of college educated men and women. Take the opinions for what they are, opinions. No need to get bent out of shape.

Good points IndianaSigKap. OP-Pay attention to the advice being given to you by the members here. Take into consideration that these are members who have likely served on chapter executive boards as actives and as alumni so they have dealt with similar situations.

katiea123 08-25-2016 09:03 PM

omg hahahaha smh nevermind you guys don't understand what I'm asking and this information can't help me so forget it