GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Working to Get There (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=142060)

alexiss721 06-11-2014 02:28 AM

Working to Get There

Hello,
My name is Alexis and I have a question. (I would've started a new thread but I just joined and don't know how) Anyway I am starting college in the fall as a Freshman and I want to joinh "XYZ" sorority. I've been doing research on this sorority for about two years now. However, one answer I've never found is will I be able to join (if recruited) as a freshman? Some say yes but others say no I must be a sophomore. I've fallen in love with this sorority and know it's the right one for me. I live their motto, and all the community service I see them doing. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

irishpipes 06-11-2014 08:34 AM

Is this an NPC sorority? If so, this is not how you go about joining. You cannot possibly know if it is the right sorority for you until you meet the people in it. Choosing a sorority has little to do with research, mottos, and community service. It is about friendships. Additionally, the sorority needs to invite you to join - the decision is not exclusively yours.

Each campus has different rules regarding eligibility for recruitment. Check your Greek Life/Panhellenic web site.

If this isn't an NPC sorority, disregard everything I said.

AZTheta 06-11-2014 10:06 AM

Regardless of the conference, I strongly suggest you stop posting under your real name.

pinksequins 06-11-2014 11:59 AM

OP, have you looked at the website and Facebook pages for Greek Life at your university? Typically there is information on the different sorority councils and the organizations that are members of the councils. The sites also typically have a section with information on recruitment or intake. The process for joining differs among councils. Have you checked the Greek Life site to see if your university even has a chapter of XYZ? If XYZ is a member of the university's Panhellenic Council, please reread Irishpipes' note above.

MSKKG 06-12-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexiss721 (Post 2277533)
Hello,
My name is Alexis and I have a question. (I would've started a new thread but I just joined and don't know how) Anyway I am starting college in the fall as a Freshman and I want to joinh "XYZ" sorority. I've been doing research on this sorority for about two years now. However, one answer I've never found is will I be able to join (if recruited) as a freshman? Some say yes but others say no I must be a sophomore. I've fallen in love with this sorority and know it's the right one for me. I live their motto, and all the community service I see them doing. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Alexis, you did start a new thread.

WhiteRose1912 06-12-2014 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSKKG (Post 2277651)
Alexis, you did start a new thread.

Originally it was a reply to an irrelevant thread. Looks like it got moved. Or she deleted the old one and C&P'd?