GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Indiana University Recruitment 2020 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246778)

Cookiez17 01-21-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUmom20 (Post 2472950)
Itís SK!!!!! She got her bid!

Congrats to her! She's gonna have an awesome experience.

ivyrose2 01-21-2020 09:49 PM

So exciting! Congratulations to your daughter, IUMom20! My daughter is now through her last recruitment as an active at IU! Bittersweet. On to bigger and better as an alum soon!

BBH 01-21-2020 09:52 PM

Congrats Iumom20, my D’s freshman year roommate is a SK. They are still good friends to this day.

IndianaSigKap 01-21-2020 10:08 PM

Sigma Kappa 58 which I believe was Q+2

GreekOne 01-21-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! Very exciting night for all!!

USCofSEC 01-21-2020 11:22 PM

Happy for your Daughter! We know a graduating SK Senior this year.

Alpha Xi Delta took 58!!!

BUDelta4Life 01-21-2020 11:39 PM

My goddaughter Rho Gam was very happy for her group. She texted me that each young woman got a bid to her first choice from pref night, and the 14 PNMs she had still going through the process went to 10 different chapters among them.

BUDelta4Life 01-21-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2472904)
Itís building a float and/or working on a race, not being married. I donít think anyone is saying that long established connections between specific fraternities and sororities will vanish, but if itís to the point when Fantastic Fraternity wonít even respond to an overture from So-So Sorority (or vice versa) it flies in the face of all the claims about Greek life being a great way to meet all different kinds of people.

And the only ďriskĒ nowadays is being 80 feet up the ass of a group and being left high and dry when their charter gets pulled.

Plus I donít know the last time you were at a block party, but people hang out with the people they know. They certainly donít all get in a circle and sing Kum Ba Yah.

Agreed. Random rotating pairs for campus events works at many other campuses across the country of all sizes. It does a lot to lessen the stigma of perceived "reputation." In some campuses, the student government association even throws dorms into the mix of pairs so that the entire campus gets to meet new people. I also agree with the idea that IU should start having random pairs for philanthropy or volunteer events; it would allow them to ease into the idea. And, I know on some campuses where the Greek houses have regular open all-campus philanthropy events (such as an ice-cream social fundraiser for their philanthropy on a random Wednesday night) and everyone turns out for it, it goes a long way to breaking down perceived differences and tiers.

navane 01-22-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDelta4Life (Post 2472962)
My goddaughter Rho Gam was very happy for her group. She texted me that each young woman got a bid to her first choice from pref night, and the 14 PNMs she had still going through the process went to 10 different chapters among them.

From what I have read about IU recruitment, those results sound like quite a feat! Well done to your goddaughter!

Blue2 01-22-2020 06:38 AM

Does anyone have numbers for Chi O, TPA, ASA and DPhiE?

BBH 01-22-2020 07:16 AM

From their Insta picture, looks like DPhiE may have around 30, TPA looks like around 50 in their pic, did see anything for ASA or Chi O.

pinkmama 01-22-2020 08:06 AM

Chi Omega took 59. They posted on their instastory with 59 new members

jla21 01-22-2020 10:37 AM

My DD is a XO and the 59 number is correct. Congrats to all your D's that received bids last night! My DD loves her house, she is a junior & I was in a house at IU & made some lifelong friends!

Rod D 01-22-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDelta4Life (Post 2472963)
Agreed. Random rotating pairs for campus events works at many other campuses across the country of all sizes. It does a lot to lessen the stigma of perceived "reputation." In some campuses, the student government association even throws dorms into the mix of pairs so that the entire campus gets to meet new people. I also agree with the idea that IU should start having random pairs for philanthropy or volunteer events; it would allow them to ease into the idea. And, I know on some campuses where the Greek houses have regular open all-campus philanthropy events (such as an ice-cream social fundraiser for their philanthropy on a random Wednesday night) and everyone turns out for it, it goes a long way to breaking down perceived differences and tiers.

The IU system doesn't have a lot of single paired events like that. IU pairs are primarily social -- homecoming, little 500, and weekend parties.

BTGorman 01-22-2020 12:06 PM

Congrats!

Quote:

SK for my daughter as well! She is so happy! :)