GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chapter Operations (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   help? advice to organize and further grow the sorority (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=141731)

hailey1317 05-26-2014 08:01 PM

help? advice to organize and further grow the sorority

I am a new member of ABC I love my girls and the sorority. In the fall when I first rushed they were not known on campus and I didn't give them the chance for me to get to know them. However when someone I rushed with and became good friends with became a part of ABC she told me more about them I found out they were down to earth and awesome people and now she is my best friend and my big. However after becoming initiated I'm still not sure about all the political and the positions I can run for. Anyway weather I can or not o want to help make and better the sorority because I learned that we have a problem with getting recruits and I I know from experience from people I rushed with that joined the other sororities didn't even seem interested. I want advice we aren't the best looking but we are good looking second we aren't really known around campus we did win some stuff at Greek week but I was still a pledge I want to make it better we are already low 9n our quota for recruits and we aren't organized on top of that there is a lot of hostility and dysfunction among our girls I don't want that I want the sister bonding I I know not everyone will get along but we need to move forward but we are standing still

thetalady 05-26-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailey1317 (Post 2275728)
I am a new member of ABC I love my girls and the sorority. In the fall when I first rushed they were not known on campus and I didn't give them the chance for me to get to know them. However when someone I rushed with and became good friends with became a part of ABC she told me more about them I found out they were down to earth and awesome people and now she is my best friend and my big. However after becoming initiated I'm still not sure about all the political and the positions I can run for. Anyway weather I can or not o want to help make and better the sorority because I learned that we have a problem with getting recruits and I I know from experience from people I rushed with that joined the other sororities didn't even seem interested. I want advice we aren't the best looking but we are good looking second we aren't really known around campus we did win some stuff at Greek week but I was still a rose bud (pledge) I want to make it better we are already low 9n our quota for recruits and we aren't organized on top of that there is a lot of hostility and dysfunction among our girls I don't want that I want the sister bonding I I know not everyone will get along but we need to move forward but we are standing still

This is really something you need to work on WITH your sisters & advisors. What do THEY want to do to make your GLO run more efficiently? Do you have advisors involved in your chapter?

sigmagirl2000 05-26-2014 09:26 PM

.... I would be better able to offer appropriate advice if your post contained some little things like grammar, punctuation, and correct spelling.

A coherent thought would be a bonus.

33girl 05-26-2014 09:35 PM

Please stop saying "recruits." You're not in the army.

All I can say is be the change you want to see. Be active in campus activities and make sure everyone knows you're an ABC.

Oh and don't ever Google rosebud and sorority because ewwwwww.

sigmagirl2000 05-27-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2275754)
Oh and don't ever Google rosebud and sorority because ewwwwww.

I must have stronger filters on my searching, because I just got a pile of AOII paddle photos

33girl 05-27-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 (Post 2275789)
I must have stronger filters on my searching, because I just got a pile of AOII paddle photos

Oh, I didn't get photos. The preview blurbs were icky enough.

Ophelia 08-25-2014 06:38 PM

Read I Heart Recruitment. I just finished reading it and it had a lot of great advice that I hope we incorporate into my chapter this year.

Nanners52674 08-25-2014 07:31 PM

Just remember that as a new member it's a fine, fine line between wanting to help your chapter and being the annoying new member who says you're doing it all wrong.