GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   "GCB: Good Christian B******" (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=125265)

AnchorAlumna 03-05-2012 12:13 AM

"GCB: Good Christian B******"

Series premiere was Sunday night, March 4.
What did you think?
Overall I thought it was hilarious!
*Nobody should take it seriously...it's farce.
*Kristen Chenoweth loves chewing scenery, and does it well. I'm guessing every episode will have a church scene, with a chance for Kristen to sing?
*Annie Potts is a love, but she seems to be channeling Dixie Carter. Or maybe it's just so hard for me to take her out of "Designing Women?"

HQWest 03-05-2012 12:22 AM

I didn't watch the whole thing but between GCB and Big Rich Texas - OMG.
I kinda thought GCB was Desparate Housewives moves to Highland Park.....

DSTRen13 03-05-2012 06:09 AM

I liked it alright, but haven't we seen this storyline about a thousand times already ...?

IrishLake 03-05-2012 06:40 AM

I didn't see it, but wondered what GCB meant!

LXA SE285 03-05-2012 10:25 AM

Loved it! My only real quibble is that Leslie Bibb (Amanda) seems too young compared with the others.

Annie Potts looks amazing for 60. Kristin Chenoweth, God love her, looks like a Slim Jim in a Kim Zolciak wig.

Still BLUTANG 03-05-2012 11:05 AM

loved it, thought it was great. I'll definitely be adding it to my playlist for the ABC ipad app...

most likely I wont catch it anymore in real time b/c it conflicts with my true sunday night love, Army Wives.

knight_shadow 03-05-2012 11:16 AM

They've been talking about this show up here, since it takes place in the city that I work in. I want to check out at least one episode because of that.

FSUZeta 03-05-2012 12:37 PM

i enjoyed it-i think they got the highland park, neiman shopping socialites down pat. i think it needs some time to gel, though.

MysticCat 03-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSUZeta (Post 2130136)
i think it needs some time to gel, though.

This, and I also wonder how it will do over a long haul. It's the kind of concept I tend to think can work better with the British-style series -- where there's no expectation of the show going on indefinitely, but instead there's a story arc that runs through a predetermined number of episodes and then it's done.

But anything that has Annie Potts and Kristin Chenowith in roles like this is great.

AGDLynn 03-05-2012 06:09 PM

LOVED IT!

As for Annie's role, part of the role was based on Annie's mom who the writer knows and Dixie Carter.

Sorry but to me, Kristen seems to be "aging" faster than the others!)

Always AlphaGam 03-05-2012 07:10 PM

It really is a "Mean Girls" for us older folks. ;)

ree-Xi 03-06-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDLynn (Post 2130237)
LOVED IT!

As for Annie's role, part of the role was based on Annie's mom who the writer knows and Dixie Carter.

Sorry but to me, Kristen seems to be "aging" faster than the others!)

I love KC, but she is six years older than Leslie Bibb, who is supposed to be the same age. Kristen is really thin and as you age, your face tends to hollow out a bit anyway, compared to the fuller cheeks that younger people have (hence the reason why all these nitwits are getting those really generic looking cheek implants, which don't look natural at all). She's also pretty tan (looks like it's from the sun), which we all know ages your skin.

I'm really surprised that they seemed to play up Kristen's petite body structure. She's only 4'11", and just about everything else I have seen her in, she's been in crazy heels to make her look more homogenous in height. She seemed crazy short compared to all of the other characters, even when the scene showed her in some tall wedges.

The show was entertaining enough, but it needs to be careful of developing caricatures instead of characters.

And I believe that "GCB" stands for "Good Christian Bitches".

LXA SE285 03-06-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

She's also pretty tan (looks like it's from the sun), which we all know ages your skin.
I think that's just for the show, but it accentuates how thin she is.

AGDLynn 03-06-2012 06:27 PM

Hmm....no one has mentioned what sorority their character is in yet! Maybe next week's episode ;)

christiangirl 03-06-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ree-Xi (Post 2130423)
And I believe that "GCB" stands for "Good Christian Bitches".

This show's title was changed to "Good Christian Belles" before it aired (according to Wiki).

I didn't get to watch but I ADORE the Cheno! I'll catch it on Hulu or something.