GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   I need help/Input about re pledging! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=123175)

Maxymax 11-20-2011 02:08 PM

I need help/Input about re pledging!

Hello greekchat members!
I need input about my situation.
This past fall i was pledging a fraternity that i liked. about 3 days in i dropped due to the fact that pledging was nothing what i thought it would be. I thought about it alot and i think i am now mentally prepared to repledge the same frat. When i walk around campus some of the brothers dont even acknowledge me. i feel bad about the whole situation. My question is this, Do you guys think they would let me pledge again? If so, do you think they will just blackball me after i go through it all?
Thanks guys

MysticCat 11-20-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxymax (Post 2107575)
My question is this, Do you guys think they would let me pledge again? If so, do you think they will just blackball me after i go through it all?

We don't know them and we don't know anything about the situation other than the four-sentence summary you gave us, so we really couldn't say what they will or won't do. (Though if they don't acknowledge you on campus, that's not a good sign.) If you really want to know what they'd think, you'll have to find out from them.

SoCalGirl 11-20-2011 07:20 PM

What do you mean by pledging was nothing what you thought it would be?

If there was stuff you were not comforatble with, i.e. hazing, don't re-rush that group.

The guys not acknowledging you could be a meaningful clue that they won't repledge you or simply that you didn't make enough of an impression in those 3 days of pledging for them to actually recognize you outside the context of their events.

thetalady 11-20-2011 08:27 PM

Thought to consider..... why would your prior organization want to give you a second chance, after you burned them?

jazing 11-20-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2107626)
Thought to consider..... why would your prior organization want to give you a second chance, after you burned them?

This ....

I had four pledge brothers drop. Now being a brother, I would not want them to repledge.

lucgreek 11-21-2011 03:19 PM

So many questions, so little details.

If you left because you didn't like being called pledge and didn't like pledging, that won't change this time around and if the group does give you another chance, you'll probably get even more crap for it.

Speaking from a brother's perspective, you quitting so early probably means you're unreliable and you quit easily. That would not be an advantage for the chapter.

Whether word got out about you to the other groups depends on your campus.

psilentgee 01-20-2012 11:34 AM

Definately a hint if those gentlemen don't acknowledge you on campus.
Rethink the reason why you want to join any fraternity in the first place. Its a lifelong commitment and brotherhood that spans those years as well. If you dropped after three days in, thats a question to your sincerity to the org and brothers as well.

Genuine Bros of Gamma Psi Beta...no one Greater!!!

jazing 01-20-2012 11:36 AM

I'll tell you this. By dropping 3 days in previously, you gotta prove to them you are more committed. Be lucky you dropped early, as they can see it was your choice, rather than their choice. If they had dropped you rather than you dropping then, it would be much harder.