GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   For the girls: bra talk (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=87163)

adpiucf 05-11-2007 02:20 PM

For the girls: bra talk

I'm sure this will get some comments from the guys, but anyway...

I've given up finding cute bras that are reasonably priced. I'm also an odd size. Does anyone else share my pain?

AlphaFrog 05-11-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adpiucf (Post 1445473)
I'm sure this will get some comments from the guys, but anyway...

I've given up finding cute bras that are reasonably priced. I'm also an odd size. Does anyone else share my pain?

My theory on cute bras: All of the bramakers got together and decided that if you're over a C-cup, you don't need fancy decorations and colors for your boobs to be attractive. They speak for themselves.

cuteASAbug 05-11-2007 02:29 PM

Freya!!!! They're the only company I know that makes cute bras, and they don't make anything smaller than a C cup. I love it.

AlphaFrog 05-11-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteASAbug (Post 1445488)
Freya!!!! They're the only company I know that makes cute bras, and they don't make anything smaller than a C cup. I love it.

Except you spend more on one bra than I do on my whole season's wardrobe.:p

adpiucf 05-11-2007 02:35 PM

I object to having to spend more than $40 on a bra. HELP me!

cuteASAbug 05-11-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adpiucf (Post 1445498)
I object to having to spend more than $40 on a bra. HELP me!

Ignore my previous comment then.

DolphinChicaDDD 05-11-2007 02:38 PM

While we're talking about bras...I'm a A, barely a B. What I don't get is why there are "enhancing" bras that come in C and D. Come on now! I'm trying to look like I have something, so I pour my money into a VS bra with gel inserts, and cleavege inhancing, and blah blah blah, and then I find out they make the same thing in a D. How am I supposed to have good boobs when those born with good boobs are getting the same help!!!

adpiucf 05-11-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteASAbug (Post 1445501)
Ignore my previous comment then.

Except that I am begining to feel like I may not have a choice! I may have to suck it up and spend more $!

VS and Maidenform don't make my size. Frederick's does, but the only bras in my size are incredibly ugly. I've had luck with Dillard's Cabernet line and found a couple from Felina... but they look like old lady bras. Ok, one of the Felina's is cute. I may need to check their web site and quit wasting my time in the dept. stores.

Or start making my own.

33girl 05-11-2007 02:44 PM

This reminds me of the Barry Gibb Talk Show from SNL.

"Talkin' bout bras - on the GC bra thread..."

AlethiaSi 05-11-2007 02:45 PM

mmmm i am a C but i wear a B when i need the cleavage.... but i love love love maidenform's bra's- i get them from macy's and i think they are like 38 dollars and macy's always has like crazy coupons or buy 2 get 1 free....

i can't stand victoria's secret or really... anything else.... lol

1908Revelations 05-11-2007 02:54 PM

You should be present on the first day of Victoria's Secret Semi Annual Sale (I don't work there). The variety of sizes are there on the first day!! I am not an odd size, but one of my friends is and on the first day she really racks up. She usually gets them from $12.99 - $29.99. I would suggest you go....there should be one in a few weeks.

adpiucf 05-11-2007 02:56 PM

The only prob is that Victoria's Secret doesn't even manufacture my size! I wear a 32DD, and for some reason, it is the hardest size to find. I wore the wrong size bra for years, and always had issues adjusting it all the time. I got measured 3 years ago, and figured out what size I should be wearing-- but it's so hard to find that size in bras-- but when I can find them, the difference in fit is amazing! I've tried to wear 34D or 34DD, but they're too big on me-- it's just not the same fit.\

ETA: And I don't want it to look like I'm wearing medieval armor, either-- I hate when there are a zillion hooks down the back.

NutBrnHair 05-11-2007 02:57 PM

one word:

Wacoal

VandalSquirrel 05-11-2007 03:06 PM

You should check Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. There is quite a variety and the Rack prices are decent.

Few weeks ago I went shopping with my girls and I had a coupon for Victoria's Secret. I haven't shopped there in years and decided to see what the hype was about. The one bra I wanted didn't even come in my size, and the sales person tried to sell it to me with an extender. Why would I pay almost $60 for a bra that wouldn't fit?

SydneyK 05-11-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel (Post 1445539)
Few weeks ago I went shopping with my girls and I had a coupon for Victoria's Secret. I haven't shopped there in years and decided to see what the hype was about.

I'm thinking they're sending out coupons to try to get people to *think* there's something good coming from it. I bought a VS IPEX some time ago. It's seriously the worst bra I've ever worn. I can't believe I wasted my money. :mad: