GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   "My baby girl is rushing!" -FSUMummy (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=89391)

FSUMummy 08-11-2007 10:01 PM

"My baby girl is rushing!" -FSUMummy

Hello all!

My little girl has left the nest and will begin rush this upcoming weekend! I am not a greek and have joined this site in hopes of being able to provide my daughter with any guidance she may need during this process.

I know a very little about the Greek System as I went to college abroad but wholeheartedly support the idea of her rushing. The main source of my information is from my longtime friend who was/is Greek but went to a very small school. Her rush experiences (she was a Rho Chi as well) varies greatly from what I have read on these boards.

Fortunately, she secured two rec letters, one from my friend and another from a relative. Unfortunately (I guess), they were for the same organization. She a little stressed out about this because she says it's a very competitive process, and girls are often left without an invitation. I have no idea. The literature I received from the school states otherwise. Any truth to this?

The only bit of advice I've given her so far (besides be yourself) is to visit the sororities' websites. I think that should at least familiarize her with each organization's goals, etc.

I plan to report back after she calls me each night. Hopefully, no "crisis" will occur, but if it does, I'd appreciate any feedback y'all could give.

Looking forward to it!

FSUMummy
:D

twinkle555 08-11-2007 11:55 PM

good luck to your daughter!!

kathykd2005 08-11-2007 11:58 PM

Yes, good luck to your daughter!

SNUIGC 08-12-2007 12:41 AM

Although this is coming from a fraternity guy, good luck to your daughter... I truthfully don't know that much about the sorority rushing (compared to my fraternity's rushing) and I hope that she gets into the sorority that she wants. :)

thetaprincess 08-12-2007 01:04 AM

Good luck to your daughter.

Jill1228 08-12-2007 01:11 AM

Hope it goes well. I added her to the list

FSUMummy 08-12-2007 05:10 AM

Sorority Pseudonyms for Our Tale

Reading other rush stories had me racking my brain for a clever way to pseudonym the 15 sororities at FSU. Not sure if I succeeded, but it will do. No worries - no one is the Moulin Rouge! ;)

In no particular order they are...

Luxembourg Gardens
Louvre
Disneyland Paris
River Seine
Arc de Triomphe
Fountain Saint Michel
Montmatre
The Concorde
Notre Dame Cathedral
Pompideu Centre
Champs-Elysees
Eiffel Tower
Palace of Versaille
Sorbonne
Orsay Museum

And my daughter shall be "My Girl".

Thanks for the warm wishes,
FSUMummy

ErinIsBadNews 08-12-2007 09:05 AM

Yea! I'm so excited for an FSU recruitment thread! I don't know how much I'll get to read it during recruitment, but I hope she has a wonderful recruitment. I've talked to a couple moms on here about Tallahassee and what to do when they visit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

ufpiphi 08-12-2007 10:27 AM

As a UF legacy, student and hardcore college football fan, I believe FSU is a bad, bad place :rolleyes:
But I'm quite excited to hear a recruitment story from down the road (that road being I-10!).
Best of luck to your daughter!

p.s. I did a short study abroad class in Paris this summer and your choice of code names are bringing back wonderful memories!

Ocalagirl 08-12-2007 03:06 PM

I can't wait to hear your story as a big FSU fan and friends that are greek there, I can't wait to read how her recruitment goes.

AuburnMom 08-12-2007 03:47 PM

love your code names....

much better then the European countries I am using for my daughter's thread.

Keep us posted (and more importantly) know we are here for you if you need to vent or want advice! I like to think of GC as the Pi Chi's or Rho Chi's for Mom's. GC'ers listen, they give advice, they help PNM (Potential New Memebers and Potential New Mom's) to get through the sometimes stressful time known as Rush (or Recruitment!) :)

icelandelf 08-12-2007 06:47 PM

Good luck to your daughter--can't wait to hear more!

FSUZeta 08-12-2007 07:11 PM

fsumummy, good luck to your daughter as she meets all the fabulous sororities at my alma mater. have her be sure to take a small umbrella(bumpershoot)-those late summer showers can pop up without any notice!

go noles!

FloridaTish 08-12-2007 07:16 PM

Good Luck to your daughter that she has a happy recruitment! I love to read stories were there is a Gamma Phi Beta chapter!

Pike/PhiDeltmom 08-13-2007 06:26 AM

From this FSU mommy to FSUMommy, here's wishing you daughter all the best!!