GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Dating & Relationships (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   How not to write a personal ad... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=112158)

AGDee 03-13-2010 12:50 AM

How not to write a personal ad...

I know I'm not the only one perusing online dating sites and I come across so many awful profiles. I thought it could be funny to post some of the worst ones here! This is the one that gave me this idea:

Just looking around.And Please, no more Drama. Just want to see whats available. I will write if I can. Im not sure about this.They want me to write more, but Im not sure what to write. I dont even know if I can write enough to get a profile.I am newly divorced and just checking things out. I have been out of the buiness for quite some time. I see you.This whole dating thing sucks. I think Im going to become a hermit lol

Doesn't he sound like a fun guy?? I'm just dying to meet him! :rolleyes:

cheerfulgreek 03-13-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 1907002)
I know I'm not the only one perusing online dating sites and I come across so many awful profiles. I thought it could be funny to post some of the worst ones here! This is the one that gave me this idea:

Just looking around.And Please, no more Drama. Just want to see whats available. I will write if I can. Im not sure about this.They want me to write more, but Im not sure what to write. I dont even know if I can write enough to get a profile.I am newly divorced and just checking things out. I have been out of the buiness for quite some time. I see you.This whole dating thing sucks. I think Im going to become a hermit lol

Doesn't he sound like a fun guy?? I'm just dying to meet him! :rolleyes:

The "newly divorced" would raise a red flag for me. Sorry Dee, but he doesn't sound so good.

RU OX Alum 03-13-2010 01:51 AM

My friends suggested I do this some time ago. But I have no idea what to put in it?

LatinaAlumna 03-13-2010 02:10 AM

LOL at "I will write if I can."

PeppyGPhiB 03-13-2010 02:23 AM

lol at "I see you." I guess he's an Avatar fan?

33girl 03-13-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRuth (Post 1907041)
Just go out with him. Give the dude a chance. What's it going to hurt? I don't see how it could be any worse than that hockey prick you were dating.

Well, he obviously has no writing or language skills. That's for starters.

If a girl wrote that ad, would YOU date HER? Seriously???

AGDee 03-13-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek (Post 1907015)
The "newly divorced" would raise a red flag for me. Sorry Dee, but he doesn't sound so good.

You missed my facetiousness kiddo! I'm posting the awful ones here!

christiangirl 03-13-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 1907099)
You missed my facetiousness kiddo! I'm posting the awful ones here!

I gathered that from the title of the thread, lol. I had thought about starting a thread like this after I saw a doozy....If I find it again, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it, it wasn't his profile, it was a msg he sent me. I've bolded the entertaining parts:

wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****

Psi U MC Vito 03-13-2010 06:40 PM

12 hr shit? sounds painful.

ree-Xi 03-14-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christiangirl (Post 1907171)
I gathered that from the title of the thread, lol. I had thought about starting a thread like this after I saw a doozy....If I find it again, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it, it wasn't his profile, it was a msg he sent me. I've bolded the entertaining parts:

wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****

"till i hear from u back ok," - is he Yoda?

AGDee 03-14-2010 10:17 AM

And he is mandating you to call him back? LOL

christiangirl 03-14-2010 01:11 PM

All the other stuff aside, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE COMMAS?? If you can't tell between a period and a comma, the problem is much more serious than we thought. :p

PrettyBoy 03-16-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christiangirl (Post 1907171)

:eek: No, way. There's no way anybody would type like that. Maybe he was trying to make you laugh or something. Is this for real?

LadySunshine 03-16-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito (Post 1907173)
12 hr shit? sounds painful.

Hilarious. When I hit that part of the message I started choking on my drink and laughing. I was not expecting that one.

pshsx1 03-16-2010 04:02 PM

lmao that post is just a mess..