GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Non-VS Bras? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=78772)

adpiucf 06-20-2006 10:25 AM

Non-VS Bras?

Question for the girls (if the guys chime in, I'll think less of your manhood...):

What's a good alternative to VS? I'm afraid to shop for any other brands!

AlphaFrog 06-20-2006 10:29 AM

I've never had a problem finding a good bra at the Playtex/Bali store. They might not be all fancy-schmancy lacey, but they get the job done.

ADqtPiMel 06-20-2006 10:53 AM

Wacoal. Love 'em.

honeychile 06-20-2006 10:55 AM

Try www.barenecesseties.com! I had a really hard time finding my favorite bra, and they carry 113 brands for women. They often have sales on brands, and I have yet to have a bad experience with them.

One time I was given a "buy two, mail in for a third free" and they forgot to send the coupon. When I reminded them, I not only got the coupon Next Day Delivery, but got a coupon for their store!

tunatartare 06-20-2006 10:57 AM

http://www.figleaves.com
They're great because they sell a lot of bigger and hard-to-find sizes.

mu_agd 06-20-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXiD670
I love GapBody bras & underwear. They're better than Vicki's and cost so much less.

FWIW, and don't tell my husband this, but I have a friend who once asked me randomly why I all of a sudden had boobs that night. It's 'cause of my Gap bra. :D

I bought two of the GapBody bras on sale a few weeks ago and I love them so much.

valkyrie 06-20-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADqtPiMel
Wacoal. Love 'em.

YES. I love them, too. Nordstrom usually has a great selection.

xo_kathy 06-20-2006 11:34 AM

I like Vanity Fair bras. You can usually get a good deal during sales at Kohl's.

_Lisa_ 06-20-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

I love GapBody bras & underwear. They're better than Vicki's and cost so much less.

Agreed! They're great! :D

Tom Earp 06-20-2006 03:47 PM

Steady Big Feller, just use Your imagination only!:D

Ask away Ladys as That was one of the Dept. that I was Mgr. over a J C Penney!;)

It was fun when I filled in for one of the clerks.:D

Jimmy Choo 06-20-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

FWIW, and don't tell my husband this, but I have a friend who once asked me randomly why I all of a sudden had boobs that night. It's 'cause of my Gap bra. :D

I work for Gap and their stuff is awesome!!! definetly easier on the pocketbook!

sdsuchelle 06-20-2006 06:10 PM

I loveee Barely There bras -- they're really comfortable. They have them at a lot of department stores.

Buttonz 06-20-2006 06:31 PM

What about bras for large sizes? Any ideas?

Scandia 06-20-2006 06:38 PM

I only wear sports bras. I did find some with back closures at Sears. Otherwise I buy them at Target. I'm 36C- not that big in theory, but in practice regular bras do not give me enough support and I get backaches.

kddani 06-20-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandia
I only wear sports bras. I did find some with back closures at Sears. Otherwise I buy them at Target. I'm 36C- not that big in theory, but in practice regular bras do not give me enough support and I get backaches.

You should go to a doctor and get that checked out. I don't see how 36Cs could give you back problems... I would really get that checked out. Back problems are painful and can wind up being a big deal, and can bug you the rest of your life. I'm a 34D/36C depending on the store/brand, and they're really not THAT big that they should be giving you back problems.

Also, your clothes will look so much better over a regular bra that fits your outfit than over a sports bra!