GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2018/2019 Colonies/Expansions/Charters/Closures (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=243690)

PKT4LIFE 05-22-2019 10:41 PM

It looks like the Phi Mu chapter at Baldwin Wallace University has closed. This chapter is NOT listed on the Phi Mu website. The chapter was struggling with membership. Here's an article from a year ago about the RFM Specialist setting campus total and the BW sororities concerns.

https://bwexponent.com/news/2018/03/...itment-totals/

Tridentia 05-29-2019 12:50 AM

Theta Chi at UC Santa Cruz has closed:


https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/05/...ath-of-member/

33girl 05-29-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE (Post 2466541)
It looks like the Phi Mu chapter at Baldwin Wallace University has closed. This chapter is NOT listed on the Phi Mu website. The chapter was struggling with membership. Here's an article from a year ago about the RFM Specialist setting campus total and the BW sororities concerns.

https://bwexponent.com/news/2018/03/...itment-totals/

Being closed for being 10 under total (a newly instituted total at that) is ridiculous. This whole thing smells fishy to me (not just the Phi Mu part).

Sciencewoman 05-29-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2466683)
Being closed for being 10 under total (a newly instituted total at that) is ridiculous. This whole thing smells fishy to me (not just the Phi Mu part).

Agreed. If I'm reading the article correctly, BW thinks that raising total will "magically" generate more interest, to reverse the "post-bubble" recent trend toward lower PNM numbers???

Somebody needs to sign up for a logic class and a couple marketing courses.

dlkfaio 08-28-2019 01:21 PM

Theta Phi Alpha closure at NJCU
 
Does anyone know why the Theta Phi Alpha chapter is closing at New Jersey City University? It only opened in 2017...

https://www.thetaphialpha.org/happen...press-releases
http://www.thetaphialpha.org/Portals...otaClosure.pdf

LaneSig 08-28-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlkfaio (Post 2469011)
Does anyone know why the Theta Phi Alpha chapter is closing at New Jersey City University? It only opened in 2017...

https://www.thetaphialpha.org/happen...press-releases
http://www.thetaphialpha.org/Portals...otaClosure.pdf

From reading the press release, the chapter closed due to low membership.

"The Delta Iota Chapter was originally chartered in 2017 and since then they’ve received
dedicated support from Fraternity volunteers and staff. Challenges in achieving continued
successful membership recruitment results have hindered the ability of the chapter to provide the
enriching membership experience that our legacy dictates."

33girl 08-28-2019 03:01 PM

According to Wikipedia 97% of the student body is commuter.

PKT4LIFE 08-28-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2469016)
According to Wikipedia 97% of the student body is commuter.

There are commuter schools capable of having a greek life system. Cleveland State is 97% commuter and they have an active greek life system, though not on the scale of Alabama or Indiana Universities.

We had a similar situation occur a few years ago, many of the founding fathers (who were the leadership and back bone of the colonization process) graduated. This left chapter operations to guys that lacked leadership, enthusiasm and motivation. This chapter ended up closing a few years after chartering.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.