GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Game of Thrones (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=119403)

BetteDavisEyes 05-16-2011 12:04 AM

Totally random but I love the opening music. Lol!

Watching the episode now...

victoriana 05-16-2011 02:11 AM

Renly and Loras weren't gay in the books. I'm referring to the chest shaving scene and the awkwardly slurpy blowjob. I'm surprised GRRM let them do that.

Drolefille 05-16-2011 07:48 PM

^^ They are actually gay in the books. We never get either of their points of view (nor Renly's later wife IIRC), and it's never outright spoken, but just hinted at with snide comments about Renly's lack of children/surprise that he's managed to do anything with a wife. I suspect that Renly's Rainbow Guard was also a not so subtle hint. GRRM basically just gave them the go ahead to make it blatant and official rather than hinted at.

Loras is similar, he's quite a good knight, but young and utterly devoted to Renly when we see him later. He's just mostly sneered at for being young, although the suspicions/knowledge of his orientation might have had an effect.

victoriana 05-16-2011 08:34 PM

^^ REALLY? I never picked up on that. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll have to go back and pay more attention. :)

Drolefille 05-16-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victoriana (Post 2056323)
^^ REALLY? I never picked up on that. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll have to go back and pay more attention. :)

Hehe no worries, like I said it's entirely in subtext. I don't recall anyone saying anything specific and it can all be taken as insulting Renly for being unserious, childlike, foppish, immature, and Loras mostly for being immature. But it's totally there. ;)

BetteDavisEyes 05-16-2011 09:11 PM

WTF was that woman doing breastfeeding that kid who had to be at least 7?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Drolefille 05-16-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes (Post 2056334)
WTF was that woman doing breastfeeding that kid who had to be at least 7?!? :eek::eek::eek:

She's a few towers short of a castle.

If you get what I mean.

BetteDavisEyes 05-16-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 2056335)
She's a few towers short of a castle.

If you get what I mean.

I get you. Jeezuz. Mike & I saw that scene & as de-sensitized as we are, that one still surprised me. Ewwww!

Drolefille 05-16-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes (Post 2056337)
I get you. Jeezuz. Mike & I saw that scene & as de-sensitized as we are, that one still surprised me. Ewwww!

Lysa takes the "family" out of the Tully motto a bit seriously.

"Family, Duty, Honor" IIRC.

Poor Cat, nothing's going quite right...

I'm actually an episode behind right now, but having reread the books when they started I love knowing what's going on anyway :p

victoriana 05-16-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 2056338)
Lysa takes the "family" out of the Tully motto a bit seriously.

Good lord, that was disgusting. I had to look away. The fact that the kid's lips were wet just did me in. *barf*

AOII Angel 05-17-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victoriana (Post 2056323)

My husband said the same thing when I asked him. He said it was hinted at strongly.

aggieAXO 05-20-2011 10:37 PM

That breast feeding seen was DISGUSTING!! I wonder how the child actor felt about it... yuck!!

IrishLake 06-05-2011 09:17 PM

So, I've been told I NEED to watch this. I'm obviously super behind, so I signed up for HBOGo and I'm planning on catching up on episodes this week. I'm watching the newest episode now, but I have no clue what's going on.

Drolefille 06-05-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishLake (Post 2060851)
So, I've been told I NEED to watch this. I'm obviously super behind, so I signed up for HBOGo and I'm planning on catching up on episodes this week. I'm watching the newest episode now, but I have no clue what's going on.

Stop right now.

Do not pass go.

Go back and start from the beginning, there are only 10 episodes in total and watching now is going to confuse the shit out of you.

BetteDavisEyes 06-06-2011 11:27 AM

I am now reading A Storm of Swords. I enjoyed the first two & can't wait to complete the 4 currently out & the new one coming out in July. I'm going to try really hard to wait to read A Feast for Crows. The only reason is b cause I fly out to Orlando on the 23rd of this month & want something to read on the plane & during my free time by the pool since I can't do any rides at DisneyWorld. It's NOT going to be easy.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet but it's recorded on my DVR & I'm going to watch it soon. Woohoo!