GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Risk Management - Hazing & etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Does your chapter haze? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=81903)

Kevin 10-27-2006 01:52 PM

Does your chapter haze?

Does your chapter haze?

Define hazing as anything which your organization or your state says is against the rules.

Drolefille 10-27-2006 02:48 PM

I'll go ahead and post because I've said before that I probably would not have stayed in a sorority that hazed me. There were rumors on campus that one of the other chapters did haze but the members were apparently very close lipped if they were. I knew people in all the sororities and SOMEONE would have known.

ufdale 10-27-2006 02:52 PM

I like the poll in this thread because it's annonymous!
My chapter doesn't haze, but I've heard rumors of other fraternities and sororities. None of my friends have ever said anything though, so the rumors are unconfirmed.

SigKapSweetie 10-28-2006 06:18 PM

Heck, no!

We did see another sorority's new members being hazed, though. I was a new member myself at the time, and I remember my big sister was furious that they were hazing. It was nearly six years ago...I wonder if they're still doing it.

sdsuchelle 10-28-2006 06:36 PM

Absolutely not. I was like, the opposite of hazed.. they showered me with gifts through my whole pledge period.

Tom Earp 10-28-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdsuchelle (Post 1347543)
Absolutely not. I was like, the opposite of hazed.. they showered me with gifts through my whole pledge period.

It seems that you are in the minority!:o

To many profess and others deny:o

gphiangel624 10-28-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Same with me. I was showered with gifts and attention all through my pledge period. My chapter still does the same. It was awesome.

sdsuchelle 10-28-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Earp (Post 1347549)
It seems that you are in the minority!:o

To many profess and others deny:o

Well according to the poll I'm in the majority.

There is no way in hell I would've joined any organization that hazes. At the first sign of it, I would've been out of there.

jon1856 10-28-2006 11:45 PM

Had had to vote No due to the fact that my chapter is now closed; in part due to hazing.:mad: :(

PrettyBoy 10-28-2006 11:49 PM

I'm almost afraid to comment on this one. LOL. Put it this way, Kappa Alpha Psi is a NON HAZING fraternity. :rolleyes: Yeah o.k. uh huh. :p

When I was pledging to be a member of my frat, I do know that XYZ sorority was making their pledges sit on coke bottles for hours. Sometimes late at night after leaving the frat house I would see other XYZ sorority pledges leaving their houses crying. Professors knew who the pledges were, because sleeping in class was the norm during pledging. I saw quite a few pledges in XYZ frat and XYZ sorority who had a hard time sitting down in class too. Must have been a rough paddle night. LOL. They weren't hiding things very well.

PrettyBoy 10-29-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

We didn't get showered with gifts until after pledging. I was too worn out to enjoy the gifts by then:p . LOL Oh yeah, I was worn out from studying soooooooooooo hard. LMAO.

JonInKC 10-29-2006 12:22 AM

I could be wrong, but I doubt anyone (especially women) are going to write on this thread "yeah, we haze balls". lol

PrettyBoy 10-29-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdsuchelle (Post 1347630)
Well according to the poll I'm in the majority.

There is no way in hell I would've joined any organization that hazes. At the first sign of it, I would've been out of there.

LOL.

sdsuchelle 10-29-2006 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyBoy (Post 1347650)
LOL.

Why's that funny?

PrettyBoy 10-29-2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdsuchelle (Post 1347661)
Why's that funny?

I'm not laughing at you. It was just funny at the way it sounded. That's all.